Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An outsider's observation...

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
OP has a good point.

Upson, Ulloa, Bridcutt, and Kushack will be off in Jan or next summer - then we will be looking to the academy for years to come.

last season was our chance - we had the best squad in the division by quite a way - and poyet fluffed it.

give it 5 or 6 years and we will get another stab at the playoffs.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
OP has a good point.

Upson, Ulloa, Bridcutt, and Kushack will be off in Jan or next summer - then we will be looking to the academy for years to come.

last season was our chance - we had the best squad in the division by quite a way - and poyet fluffed it.

Yeah, alright.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
OP has a good point.

:laugh:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Afternoon. Palace season ticket holder here and occasional reader of NSC. Never felt the urge to register and post until now but something has been really bugged me the last few days so I could not resist! Let me elaborate...

Obviously you're finding it tough going this year in The Championship and being a Palace fan I can't help but get a sense of :O about it, especially as most of you predicted a top 6 finish at the start of the season. Not only have you made a poor start but now with the loss of your only decent striker in Ulloa, I feel you will struggle big time and you could now get caught up in a relegation battle this year if you're not careful.

However reading The Big Board these past few days, I can't help but find a lot of the comments unrealistic...in fact, they're down-right deluded! It seems that some of you have given up on this season already in terms of promotion which is fair enough but many of you seem to think along the lines that "Next year will be our year" "Give Oscar a season to build and then promotion next season" etc etc. I'd honestly can't understand why you think this? Who honestly buys into this "we're taking our time to slowly build up the best squad to get us promoted" crap that you keep coming out with? :shrug:

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that your 4 best players are your keeper, Matt Upson, Liam Bridcutt and Ulloa. If you fail to go up this year then surely you have no chance of keeping Kuszczak, Ulloa and Bridcutt and Upson will be 35/36 next season and on his last legs as a Championship defender. You also have a huge debt currently and FFP will see the purse strings tightened even more in the coming years so I can't see quality replacments coming in. You only have to look at your budget signings this season. Average playes like Conway on loan and poor free transfer signings like Kemy Agustein.

It seems that a lot are deluded on here but maybe i'm wrong and they can explain or elaborate there opinion on this thread. So my question is this...being realistic, how do you think you will do in the next 2-3 given what I have said above seems very much reality?

Oh well you are entitled to your opinion, at least you're reincarnation from CPFC2010 to next CPFC will be delayed a little longer now you have some Murdoc money. You should have kept Zaha but in wild panic you sold out and we have a potentially good England player is going to waste on the sidelines. Well looking forward to meeting you again next season.....

D

Deleted member 18477

Being realistic... in the next 2/3 seasons brighton will still be in the championship.

However, Palace will be in league one.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As an outsider, can I just say I find Palace's woeful performances in the Premier League bring a smile to my face after a bad Albion result. Keep it up, but ship a few more goals please.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
As an outsider, can I just say I find Palace's woeful performances in the Premier League bring a smile to my face after a bad Albion result. Keep it up, but ship a few more goals please.

You can't blame Liverpool for taking their foot off the gas 2nd half.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Being realistic... in the next 2/3 seasons brighton will still be in the championship.

However, Palace will be in league one.

Being realistic ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here