Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An olive branch to the Potter outs tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I think the biggest thing that should change anyone’s mind is the clear unity at the club, you can see the players are really starting to believe and get behind it, look at the way the team celebrate together and how Potter seems to have individual relationships with many of the players, you only need to look at the last few games we’ve seen individual moments from Potter with several players in the team, he clearly has good man management and the players like him.

I’ve never voted out but there were moments when I’ve felt, how the hell are we going to turn this around, as it seems we’ve been plagued by bad luck and not getting results when we’ve deserved them. It’s especially pleasing to see the hard work now being rewarded.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's oft said that the journey is more fun than the destination. That's what I've been enjoying, the journey, because I could SEE what we were doing, developing, growing. That's what always bugged me about the Potter Outers, they wanted the destination now now now, couldn't get with the journey. If we have reached the destination now, I'm just delighted that I was on board all the way. But I reckon we've just reached a staging post, got through the hardest part and now we keep driving forward. We're going to need a bigger bus judging by this thread.

That's my metaphor and I'm sticking with it :thumbsup:

:goal:

Thankfully cerebral Tony Bloom did.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
This should have been a thread where we should have agreed to let bygones by bygones

But look at the language. "Bedwetter" "ego", "insecurity"

It just forces people to entrenched positions. We see this language and approach to debate with other aspects of life

Both sides are doing this.

Beating Liverpool away is a great chance to unite a schism which has formed in our fanbase.

But all i'm reading is "look at me, I'm the one who was right all along and this is why"

Lets reset.

Nobody has to apologise for any view held one way or the other.
Nobody has to explain or justify anything they've previously said.
Nobody should be taking this as a chance to gloat to other Albion fans that they called it early.
Nobody should be raising the stakes with baby pictures or personal attacks.

This is a happy day. But more than that, the issue of managerial tenure has been settled. We're not going down and we're not sacking Potter. This means we have the chance to leave factions aside.

The conversation should be about our bright future. The past is dead.

Absolutely nailed it.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Tbf he’s not been at all - it’s the other muppet who can’t let it go and is stalking posts by others’ - as I say - on ignore from me so no bother and comfortably put them in their place several times - keeps going and going at vaga tho - he (like myself on the potter thread) have said we’re all Albion and want the same but the other poster keeps trolling. Sorry but not Vega’s fault - weird behaviour from the other poster. Done now though - it was game set and match a long time ago :lol: :thumbsup:

Living rent free in your head. 1000%. It’s time to move and drop your obsession with me Sheebo. And if I’m on ignore how do you even know what I’ve posted? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It's oft said that the journey is more fun than the destination. That's what I've been enjoying, the journey, because I could SEE what we were doing, developing, growing. That's what always bugged me about the Potter Outers, they wanted the destination now now now, couldn't get with the journey. If we have reached the destination now, I'm just delighted that I was on board all the way.

But I reckon we've just reached a staging post, got through the hardest part and now we keep driving forward. We're going to need a bigger bus judging by this thread.

Think people were more scared of not being able to complete the journey that the CLUB had started rather than that they wanted immediate results i.e. relegation would have put us back years if not derailed it completely. Fans were and are entitled to an opinion otherwise they are not Fans of the CLUB. Who knows maybe players have responded to the murmurings, maybe Potter just read the riot act, maybe it just clicked who knows.

Personally this season I've sat on the fence with Potter; have been annoyed about some of his comments regards fans (most don't feel entitled) , have been befuddled by some of his team selections, have been totally frustrated by some of the performances but absolutely loved his style of play.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I agree but all the time we are 1 point a game or more then I am happy. We cant do that unless we win our fair share as we are going to loose our fair share.

Likewise. 1.0526 PPG for me !

For all the bed wetting we now have wet dreamers who need to calm back down too. :lolol:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I commend GP's tactical flexibility. For a long period it seemed we were doomed to rigidly passing it around the back for possession's sake, which always invited pressure, whilst in attack we stuck with dozen passes to get a strike on goal making us easy to defend against.

A while back now, GP adjusted all that with a mix - long clearance passes by our goalie or CB's, more direct attacking at times but still pleasing on the eye, our defence now sat deeper with plenty of numbers, rather than the naive suicidal football of everyone pushed up at the Etihad on 31/08/19 (4-0).

Opposition coaches such as Bielsa haven't got a clue what Potter's got planned, in terms of selection, formation and tactics. Small nuanced changes to keep them guessing.

So lucky having GP, rather than the oh so predictable rugby of :lolol:former England manager:lolol: Allardyce.

I concur - totally so.

I’d lump us in with Bielsa ... trying to call GP is virtually impossible !

Time to take Burnley to school (again) lol - here’s hoping we deliver...

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
No, I'm pointing out how you come over on the site. [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] is also a moderator and has said similar.

Factually incorrect. No one approves threads unless started by a new user on their first 10 posts. I chose not to change the thread title. As did all the other moderators.

Methinks you do protest too much.

“To you” perhaps and a handful of others that have disagreed with me and hold on to grudges. I seem to get on well with most of NSC and my opening post has been liked 55 times at the time of writing. So clearly many back me.

You can continue to personally attack and hold a personal grudge or we can move on. I choose to do the latter.

Jan 14, 2008
Windsor ontario
Hard not to. I stopped visiting NSC because I was getting so infuriated with the inability of the out crowd to separate results from performance. And let's face it we could easily have had a different result with Sanchez getting very lucky late in the second half, but you see this is what the outs don't get, luck or rather the lack of it has played a big part in our "poor performances" along with actual poor finishing that Potter can hardly be blamed for (his job is to set the team up so they can do their job, which he has clearly done) So no, I am not prepared to offer an olive branch. Rather I will ask that these people settle down, stop throwing peanuts and evaluate what is actually happening on the pitch rather than using the points position to exclaim that we were better off under CH, no we weren't.

💯% this 👆🏻

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It's oft said that the journey is more fun than the destination. That's what I've been enjoying, the journey, because I could SEE what we were doing, developing, growing. That's what always bugged me about the Potter Outers, they wanted the destination now now now, couldn't get with the journey. If we have reached the destination now, I'm just delighted that I was on board all the way.

But I reckon we've just reached a staging post, got through the hardest part and now we keep driving forward. We're going to need a bigger bus judging by this thread.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

For all the bed wetting we now have wet dreamers who need to calm back down too. :lolol:

I think I'm one of the wet dreamers at the moment. I just think the last two performances were everything I want from us on the pitch and I'm in dreamland until Saturday when I suspect I might wake up again in reality.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016

Nah - let people get carried away! Football's all about the experience for me, enjoying the days out and the games when you can. Can you imagine the Albion end if we could have been there last night? The thrill and excitement of that performance would leave anyone there in the Potter In camp for at least a year! I remember being at Charlton and Peterborough away and thinking that I'd defend Gus forever, he'd deserved it with those performances alone.

Get carried away, Vagabond et al. Enjoy yourselves and the reflected glory of the upturn in performances. Be happy while you're happy!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I voted out once - maybe twice - because it was a simple way to show frustration after a poor result or two. That's it.

I wouldn't have literally voted to sack Potter in a board meeting. I doubt many would - well, unless it was held immediately after the Sheffield United debacle. Ha ha.

I'm obviously DELIGHTED that we've started to score one more goal than the opposition, but it doesn't change the fact that our home form (and results against bottom clubs) has been TERRIBLE.

It's been an incredibly FRUSTRATING period - not just in terms of results, but living with Covid and not being able to go to matches.

Let's hope we've turned a corner on EVERYTHING.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well said. Potter in for all now and get behind the team. And guess what - it won’t be plain sailing but we need positivity and to keep supporting as one - not be divided :thumbsup:

You will never ever get fans supporting as one. Humans are just not like that. Some will moan whatever happens and some will always be optimistic. Some of us, couldn't see how it was going to improve, but improve it has and we're very thankful.

Nsc is a very broad range of opinions and I think posters should stop telling others what to think. Difference of opinions is what makes a football forum. There would only be one thread a day if it was otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here