Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An olive branch to the Potter outs tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A few of us have kept the faith for a long time. At one point in December NSC was a lonely place for those of us who believed in Graham Potter. Match day threads were abusive. One guy stalked me accusing me of being ‘Swansman’ because there were so few Potter defenders (!)

Some of us always kept the faith. The long term trend improvements were always there in my eyes. Style of play, tactical finesse, eye for a player, good coaching. And a real swagger about the way we played football. Every game umpteen chances. Dominating possession. Incredible to see the way we transformed. We just weren’t getting the breaks.
Others just looked at short term results.

I think the Potter in crowd has been the majority since then.

To the Outters. Come on. Let’s stand down. You can admit you got it wrong... Tonight I extend a hand of friendship. We’re all fans of the club, let’s unite as a fan base again and move forward together.

Oh PLEASE! :sick:

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Let's be clear - one win does not make Potter a genius - no more than all the winless games in 2020 make him a bust - Potter still has a lot to prove, but if the team continue to play as they did against Leeds, Spurs and Liverpool then he will enhance his reputation.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Hard to admit you were wrong isn’t it?

Man up.

What are you even talking about? I posted a Well done Graham thread on Sunday after the Spurs game. Done and dusted. I don’t need ego fuelled attention seekers offering me an olive branch to change my personal perspective and post humility I’ve already done it for myself well in advance thanks.

Man up? Grow up!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Pompous crowing disguised as an olive branch to massage your ego. You have an annoying and needy desire to dominate the conversation and it shows in every post you make.

Well no matter what name calling you may throw my way you’re the one making personal attacks not me. Doesn’t seem like good behaviour befitting of a moderator to be quite honest.

Mind you, you were the one who approved the “Hopefully the end of Connolly” thread. And when a few of us pointed out the hateful nature of that title you shouted us down as it being free speech.

Clearly your ego is bruised as you’ve been proven wrong so attacking me. Shame on you when this is a good natured thread which others (edit: including more then a few who disagreed with me in the past) have taken it in good spirit.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Well no matter name calling you may thrown my way you’re the one making personal attacks not me. Doesn’t seem like good behaviour befitting of a moderator to be honest.

Mind you, you were the one who approved the “Hopefully the end of Connolly” thread. And when a few of us pointed out the hateful nature of that title you shouted us down as it being free speech.

Clearly your ego is bruised as you’ve been proven wrong so attacking me. Shame on you when this is a good natured thread which others (including more then a few who disagreed with in the last) have taken it in good spirit.

“Me me me me” - Vagabond

5582dc0a1ea8874c8fecf8dfc4151561.jpg

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
What are you even talking about? I posted a Well done Graham thread on Sunday after the Spurs game. Done and dusted. I don’t need ego fuelled attention seekers offering me an olive branch to change my personal perspective and post humility I’ve already done it for myself well in advance thanks.

Takes a big man to admit when they’re wrong. Your reaction says it all.

Keep on making personal attacks on people here. I guess it’s all you have.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Utter Garbage. Sure 5 wins in 12 months playing dreadful football, hanging onto draws by the skin of our teeth and no obvious plan for the future and I would be screaming Potter out louder than anyone. But that simply hasn't been the case has it. In fact it has the the exact opposite, the problem with your ilk is you cannot separate good solid performances with the future in mind albeit with some errors and bad luck, from woeful hanging on for dear life praying for good luck football, if the points tally is similar.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I've always been Potter in. Even reading about him as soon as he was appointed convinced me it wasn't a particularly risky appointment.

But no problem with anybody who thought the other way. results at home against WBA and Sheff Utd amongst others were less than convincing.

But anybody who might still now be vehemently Potter out needs to rewatch our last 4 or 5 performances.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Souness summed it up before the Spurs game. Brighton playing really good football and it was just a matter of time before it clicked. It’s finally clicked.

My issue is that people failed to see the difference between holding on for a draw and trying to sneak a win style under CH and the going for the win rather than the draw under Potter. I just don’t understand how people couldn’t see the possibilities and potential.

It’s know surprise that when he has been able to play the same team we have done very well. It shouldn’t be forgotten the injury’s that prevented this.

My problem wasn't that I couldn't see the possibilities or potential. It was that I couldn't see him turning possibilities/ potential into reality. Since the second half of Wolves I believe he has done it. I don't think I was wrong for that. If I was still in the Potter out group then I think I would be wrong. I don't think there is any shame changing my opinion on things I consider a reality.

We still have a lot of injuries, so the change hasn't happened because of injuries. I think its about replacing Ryan. Something changed then and now we are building on it.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I'm ambivalent on Potter personally, I like the positivity he exudes and the style of play. However, football IS result driven, the fact we have picked six points from Spurs and Liverpool is amazing, he has bought himself more time. But if we lose the next six the pressure will return again, remember nobody " wins" an argument about whether a manager stays or should go.

I fear the abuse you have had for sticking up for him is grossly unfair but in recent years it seems ALL " arguments" ie, differing viewpoints, end up getting spiteful and vindictive in a very short time. You see this across many platforms and man subjects and it's really sad it has come to this.

Thank you mate [emoji120]

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Takes a big man to admit when they’re wrong. Your reaction says it all.

Keep on making personal attacks on people here. I guess it’s all you have.

Are you actually even communicating in the English language? I just told you I posted about Potter doing well in a completely separate thread on Sunday? Ahh, or is your ego actually desperate for some kind of admission to you yourself that I was wrong? That’s an “olive branch”? Wow insecurity issues much? Let’s be honest the whole purpose of this thread was to bring more attention onto you wasn’t it?

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I admire the reconciliatory tone of this thread but we will always have clowns like Junior starting pointless provocative threads, just like we will always have people telling us that Brexit was worth the effort, and Boris is doing a smashing job dealing with Covid.

[emoji106] there’s always going to be a few I guess.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My problem wasn't that I couldn't see the possibilities or potential. It was that I couldn't see him turning possibilities/ potential into reality. Since the second half of Wolves I believe he has done it. I don't think I was wrong for that. If I was still in the Potter out group then I think I would be wrong. I don't think there is any shame changing my opinion on things I consider a reality.

We still have a lot of injuries, so the change hasn't happened because of injuries. I think its about replacing Ryan. Something changed then and now we are building on it.

Sanchez has been a good and brave call, much as I love Maty to bits. It builds for the future bigtime. Tho IMHO it's got as much to do with abandoning the basics of 'Potterball', whatever that thing may or may not be. But certainly calling a halt on endless tinkering with the side and needless dicking around at the back seems to have had a beneficial effect. Was there maybe a clear-the-air session? Or did maybe somebody have a word? And, who knows, maybe ditching that voluntarily-reducing-the-team-to-ten-men-at-corners thing might produce a similar boost?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Another 2 wins and we have matched 2020 win tally. If that isn't turning things around I don't know what is.

Legit question . . . since when has an annual performance had any relevance to anything? everything is marked by seasons . . . players, squads, managers, performances, competitions . . . . we've always wanted at least ten per season, and thus far have only managed 9 tops. . . . time will tell this season we're just over half way through it and not quite on target yet.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
44 likes - looks like you have the backing of the majority of switched on fans :clap2: Bit like those days with the Potter Out shouters!

Thank you Sheebo and thank you to NSC, clearly a lot of folk agree with the spirit this thread is intended.

Let’s move forward as one fan base [emoji123]

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
There's clearly positivity and confidence running through the team, we should all mirror that as fans.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I've always been Potter in. Even reading about him as soon as he was appointed convinced me it wasn't a particularly risky appointment.

But no problem with anybody who thought the other way. results at home against WBA and Sheff Utd amongst others were less than convincing.

But anybody who might still now be vehemently Potter out needs to rewatch our last 4 or 5 performances.

That’s the point isn’t it. The last 4 or 5 performances have been excellent and in those games Potter has shown the tactical ability to outthink opposing managers. These include Klopp, Mourinho and God, so no mean feat. For a variety of reasons team selection has also been more settled whilst still being tweaked to adjust to the opposition. It is all positive and has been enough to change a few minds. Long may it continue and for those of us who don’t identify ourselves in terms of Potter In or Potter Out, we are happy.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
mate , we all want the same thing and we are all Albion through and through.

No need be petty

I’m only responding like that to people who are abusive buddy, give it back to them in kind. Don’t worry, I’ll have a philosophical beer with most of you anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here