Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An amusing Pardew story

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This Pardew/West Ham storey, is it the one where a players wife is involved?

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Nope, no idea...be cathartic and let it out.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gayle was expensive but is still young and improving.

He's 25! There does seem to be some sort of myth perpetuating amongst you lot that Gayle is something of a prodigy, barely out of his teens.

I'm not suggesting for a second that he's past it, but at 26 next birthday, and as a Premier League striker with a grand total of 29 goals in his entire professional career, perhaps he's in need of rather more improvement than you have time to allow him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
As a good comparison with Mr Gayle, step forward Mr Bent. At 26, he had over 80 Premier League goals, around 50 Championship/Division 1 goals and a handful of England caps. I'm not writing off Mr Gayle however and anticipate him getting to double figures regularly over the next few years in either the Championship or League 1.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know he's now signed but since when has there been such a long delay over 'paperwork' as palace were calling it. No smoke without fire.... Wouldn't be a good foot for Pardew & palace to start with if true...

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I know he's now signed but since when has there been such a long delay over 'paperwork' as palace were calling it. No smoke without fire.... Wouldn't be a good foot for Pardew & palace to start with if true...

Mod edit: libel

Last edited by a moderator:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Dear oh dear you lot are taking a long time to get over the play off defeat aren't you? I suppose these daily Palace threads on Nsc help to ease the pain ;)

No...its just same old, same old, boring drivel from JCL'S who have no idea of the history of the two clubs but revel in this manufactured, artificial rivalry between two clubs with absolutely nothing in common. Anyone with any savvy knows that a London club, surrounded by chimney pots has no connection with a seaside town ( sorry city ) with no natural rivals, 50 miles away.
It it hadn't been for the ego fuelled rivalry between two ex-teammates, in their first managerial roles, desperate to make a name for themselves, we would still be where we were pre mid 70's. It suddenly gave Palace fans a get out clause. No longer did they have to shit themselves over Millwall. Brighton was more attractive than Bermondsey. For Albion fans desperate for action and an outlet for their aggression, The Notting Hill Tank and the Dagenham Wide Boy provided the catalyst.
...and that is why we have to put up with this inane drivel on a daily basis. Some people's whole lives seem to revolve around waking up in the morning and thinking...' what can I post about Palace on NSC today '...pathetic.
As far as I am concerned, I would be delighted to never read another thing about Palace on here. You can take your so called rivalry and stick it where the sun don't shine. Go back to Millwall ( and start shitting yourselves again ) and Charlton ( who hate you just as much ) and don't gatecrash our neutrality anymore. I want to be neutral. Its whats meant to be. Outsiders in the 70's changed the natural order of events and those who should know better now keep perpetuating the myth....WE HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON....GO AWAY.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
No just in case its not true. I was told it from fans and someone involved in football who gets to know stories. But this one is an old story and I expect you have heard it. Unless I met the people involved then I wont repeat it. Its not fair to spread gossip unless you actually know it first hand is true.

With you on this one, also thought it was common knowledge......

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
This Pardew/West Ham storey, is it the one where a players wife is involved?

Allegedly, yes.

Done well for us, took us up, finished 8th in the prem plus a very narrow defeat to the bin dippers in the FA cup final.

Lost the dressing room the next season when the alleged incident happened.

Apparently, he wasn't the most popular player for Palace until he scored the winner in the FA cup semi final.

Strange one, i've always liked him and wished him well.

Dec 3, 2012
A single match hardly compares to our 10 (ten) match unbeaten run a bit earlier does it?

It's not really a bit earlier is it? It's decades.

Palaces win was massively relevant and recent. It changed the course of the 2 clubs forever (even if Palace get relegated). I'm afraid it's unlikely ever to be topped by Brighton.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
What a Tinker he is

george-smiley-e1316897817863.jpg AlanPardew_3247009.jpg

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's not really a bit earlier is it? It's decades.

Palaces win was massively relevant and recent. It changed the course of the 2 clubs forever (even if Palace get relegated). I'm afraid it's unlikely ever to be topped by Brighton.
It's not changed anything 'forever'.

It denied us a Wembley final which we would have won or lost ( no one knows which ).

For them, it has given them at least 2 years in the PL + parachute payments when relegated. So far they have wasted the year 1 PL money with very little to show for it ( other than cladding ) in terms of long term investment in the club, although they have got another chance with the PL year 2 money.

Waste the year 2 money in a futile attempt to avoid relegation, the all they'll have is the parachutes ( and cladding ).

Dec 3, 2012
Palace have spent less money on transfers and wages than anyone else as far as I'm aware so it's fair to say that comparitavely speaking they've not wasted much.

New better players have been bought and money has been spent on the ground, pitch etc.

I know it makes everyone feel better to say they've chucked it all away but they haven't. They are now much better off than they were and Brighton could have stopped them.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Parrish reckons Pardew can take Pararse to the next level.............The next level after the Premier League is The Championship....so they already seem to know where they are heading.:ffsparr:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Palace have spent less money on transfers and wages than anyone else as far as I'm aware so it's fair to say that comparitavely speaking they've not wasted much.

New better players have been bought and money has been spent on the ground, pitch etc.

I know it makes everyone feel better to say they've chucked it all away but they haven't. They are now much better off than they were and Brighton could have stopped them.

Did u decide to look away when Holloway pissed a huge chunk of their money up the wall last season? They've spent more than a lot of the smaller clubs in the prem (despite being the smallest of all with the worst stadium) - and on that note they've spunked a load on just making selhurst park useable - they should be much higher in the league..

I suppose at least they should be paying for the ground maintenance themselves this year and not relying on the taxpayer.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Allegedly, yes.

Done well for us, took us up, finished 8th in the prem plus a very narrow defeat to the bin dippers in the FA cup final.

Lost the dressing room the next season when the alleged incident happened.

Apparently, he wasn't the most popular player for Palace until he scored the winner in the FA cup semi final.

Strange one, i've always liked him and wished him well.

His strangest sacking was at Southampton after just 1 season where they finished 7th, even with a 10 point penalty for going into administration. He was sacked at the start of the following season, reasons as stated by the board. "Pardew was dismissed by the club, amidst reports of low staff morale and conflicts between Pardew and club chairman". Should be interesting times between him and Parish, with a clash of ego's.

He had his highest ever managerial win rate of 53% at Southampton and yet he was sacked for low staff morale?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here