An amusing Pardew story

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
For £3.5M they surely could have kept Pulis at the start of the season, add in Colin's Compo this is pure stupidity - lovely stuff!

But £3.5M is quite cheap when compared to what they paid Peterborough for Dwight Gayle :lolol:

Feb 14, 2010
Come on wcp if it's common knowledge tell us .

No just in case its not true. I was told it from fans and someone involved in football who gets to know stories. But this one is an old story and I expect you have heard it. Unless I met the people involved then I wont repeat it. Its not fair to spread gossip unless you actually know it first hand is true.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Still think this is one of the most bizarre moves by a manager in PL history. Should have got Dougie back, he did get Palace promoted really...

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
No just in case its not true. I was told it from fans and someone involved in football who gets to know stories. But this one is an old story and I expect you have heard it. Unless I met the people involved then I wont repeat it. Its not fair to spread gossip unless you actually know it first hand is true.

You sir have spread gossip :D

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

The first bit of sense you've spoken on here .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Feb 14, 2010
You sir have spread gossip :D

No Ive said there is gossip, which is true. Ive not said whether its true or said what the gossip is. I also thought it was pretty much out there, if nobody else has heard things then I would be surprised as its almost ancient history and I never thought of myself as "in the know" (I hear the odd thing from one mate in a very no names basis until its common knowledge but that's about it).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
But £3.5M is quite cheap when compared to what they paid Peterborough for Dwight Gayle :lolol:

Gayle was expensive but is still young and improving. So has re-sale value and potential.

CMS was expensive but is old and can't hit a barn door*. So has little re-sale value and zero potential.

Peterborough done well on both.

* Official NSC quote.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Gayle was expensive but is still young and improving. So has re-sale value and potential.

CMS was expensive but is old and can't hit a barn door*. So has little re-sale value and zero potential.

Peterborough done well on both.

* Official NSC quote.

You mentioned CMS and a barn door?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Jose Fonte will be bricking it

I suppose you are going to claim the sanctity of the confessional and not tell us ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports