[Albion] Amsterdam pubs

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Some utter tosh on here again same as info on marseille,pubs in Amsterdam will let you in just like travelling on metro to the game there and back in Marseille don't believe everything you read

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Some utter tosh on here again same as info on marseille,pubs in Amsterdam will let you in just like travelling on metro to the game there and back in Marseille don't believe everything you read
Agreed. I reckon you could rock up anywhere in Amsterdam and won’t be turned away unless you are are a complete dickhead.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What pub is everyone going to? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, I thought there might be a proper fanzone set up somewhere. Not everyone's cuppa but a good control mechanism maybe. Seemingly nothing planned

Dam square establishments in for a busy time
IMG_1588.jpeg

westy

Jul 25, 2003
I know at least 10 people travelling ticketless, including myself. Most places I wouldn’t dream of going without a ticket but there’s a lot worse places to spend a couple of days on the piss.
Same here. Think there will be plenty in the same boat.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I have an anonymous ov-chip card (like an oyster card), this is going to get you the prices everyone pays (if you pay for individual tickets it costs more), however there is a 7.50 up front cost. you can pick these up from the ticket machines or the NS (train) service desks at the airport. You would have to get the balance of your card back from the service desks at the end (as long as there is less than 30 on it otherwise you have to send in for it, which seems like a pain). I have never done this so no idea if it is easy.

The way the people who keep up with modern technology are doing it is with their phones and debit cards: https://www.gvb.nl/en/customer-service/ovpay-check-and-out-your-debit-card/ovpay-how-it-works.
not sure how difficult it is for non-dutch bank accounts, as I have never done it.

this works for trains, trams, metros and busses. just remember to check in and out.
It requires a Dutch postcode and bank account.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm staying quite near the station, so very central. Perhaps we might start a non-headbanger "where to meet to watch the game in a nice pub" thread :wink:

(I am very peculiar so can easily see myself watching the game in my hotel room, but that would be a bit sad)
Just to add (you can guess the rest)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here