Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amsterdam pubs

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What pub is everyone going to? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, I thought there might be a proper fanzone set up somewhere. Not everyone's cuppa but a good control mechanism maybe. Seemingly nothing planned

Dam square establishments in for a busy time

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What pub is everyone going to? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, I thought there might be a proper fanzone set up somewhere. Not everyone's cuppa but a good control mechanism maybe. Seemingly nothing planned

Dam square establishments in for a busy time
I appreciate that the Albion fanbase are new to all this, and giddy about it, but I reckon Amsterdam / Ajax / the local police, etc have probably managed such crowds a FEW times before.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Amsterdam is such a great city, there's literally something for everyone.

Been loads of times for footy or festivals, RLD/Dam squre is perfect for the average footy lad. However, if that's not your thing you can jump on the tram for 10 minutes and get away from the tourist trap, the prices drop and it's full of nice cafes that sell decent beer and food at a reasonable price.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

They recommend heading to Dam Square. Having been there when Ajax matches are on, they always have a fanzone set up. I imagine this will be no different.

I find match days in DS a bit hectic but the atmosphere is good. And the heavy presence of armed police ensures there is rarely any trouble.

Last edited:

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing

They recommend heading to Dam Square. Having been there when Ajax matches are on, they always have a fanzone set up. I imagine this will be no different.

I find match days in DS a bit hectic but the atmosphere is good. And the heavy presence of armed police ensure there is rarely any trouble.

And also from that:
Drinking in public places in the streets of Amsterdam is illegal.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I've put this on another thread already, but if anyone is thinking of going, and not yet got transport sorted, I have a rail ticket available that can be transferred and could save you some ££.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And also from that:
Drinking in public places in the streets of Amsterdam is illegal.
True. But all the bars in DS have outside seating and in my experience* as long as you’re not being a nause, nobody minds you standing there with a beer.

*I’ve never been reprimanded for it but I don’t want to get anyone into strife.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

Been loads of times for footy or festivals, RLD/Dam squre is perfect for the average footy lad. However, if that's not your thing you can jump on the tram for 10 minutes and get away from the tourist trap, the prices drop and it's full of nice cafes that sell decent beer and food at a reasonable price.
Any specific area/venues you would recommend?.....I am staying in the Frederiksplein area.... if I decide not to buy a home end ticket, I would hope to find a friendly pub with some locals for the actual game, but will join the Albion lot for pre and post game shenanigans hopefully.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

I've been to Dam Square a few times, I used to live in Den Hague but it was a long time ago. Although I expect to go to Dam Square for the atmosphere with 9,993 other Brighton fans, somewhere outside would be good for other days, if you don't mind recommending places.

Also, one reason I'm thinking of avoiding Dam Square close to kick off time is that 7 of us are going but only 4 to the actual game and I don't particularly want the wives kettled to the stadium without a ticket! I've heard this is what usually happens on footy games at Ajax. I was also told to go to the ground early, to avoid this and get a beer outside the ground. Any thoughts?

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Will hit Dam Square for a while to take in the atmosphere but otherwise I am looking to contact a bar roughly 10 mins further North of DS and hit that with a few others. We are making are own way to Amsterdam and will use that bar as the meetng point.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Lot of people talking about buying a home ticket. I thought this was near to impossible unless you go in business seats as you need to have registered an Ajax account to transfer tickets before the draw was made ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lot of people talking about buying a home ticket. I thought this was near to impossible unless you go in business seats as you need to have registered an Ajax account to transfer tickets before the draw was made ?
No you need the Ajax app.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This is the message someone dm’ed me

Only accounts which are verified before Friday the 1st of September 13:00 will have acces to the ticket sale for the Europa League groupstage. Unfortunately you will not have acces when you complete your verification later due to the high risk levels of the matches. "

It doesn’t explicitly say transfers are not possible but you would guess that’s the case. Harry Wilson’s tackle knows more….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here