Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex Plan B details

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
People are routinely ejected from football grounds without a riot ensuing.

It wouldn't be a matter of trying to make thousands wear a mask - start making an example of just small groups who refuse to do so when asked.

Start with a group of 20-30 coked up 20-somethings and see how you get on…….bearing in mind several other similar ‘small groups’ will be very close by when all this kicks off.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
People are routinely ejected from football grounds without a riot ensuing.

It wouldn't be a matter of trying to make thousands wear a mask - start making an example of just small groups who refuse to do so when asked.

I'm beginning to warm to your strategy.*

We may well need to arive early, given the proper Covid checking at the turnstiles that woukd be needed, too. I'd be happy to do that to get in and watch The Albion in a reasonably mitigated environment :thumbsup:

*No surrender to the virus or the nobbers :bowdown:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm beginning to warm to your strategy.*

We may well need to arive early, given the proper Covid checking at the turnstiles that woukd be needed, too. I'd be happy to do that to get in and watch The Albion in a reasonably mitigated environment :thumbsup:

*No surrender to the virus or the nobbers :bowdown:

…and we’re already compliant with the ‘no singing’ rule.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Start with a group of 20-30 coked up 20-somethings and see how you get on…….bearing in mind several other similar ‘small groups’ will be very close by when all this kicks off.

Why would you start with the most difficult group - the aim is to demonstrate that the policy of mask wearing will be enforced.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
…and we’re already compliant with the ‘no singing’ rule.

Steady. I am convinced I heard someome mumble 'grr rrr srrrsrr brrr d C' at the last game, in West Upper ???

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why would you start with the most difficult group - the aim is to demonstrate that the policy of mask wearing will be enforced.

Ah, I see. Chuck out a pensioner in WSL and the group of 20 coked up youths in the North will realise they are in the wrong and put their masks on ? :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ah, I see. Chuck out a pensioner in WSL and the group of 20 coked up youths in the North will realise they are in the wrong and put their masks on ? :lolol:

Now, now. What happens in the North stand is between the young men there and their God. As long as the nobbers are ejected and shamed in West Upper, I'm happy.

(Seriously, yes, you have a point. Only time, of course, will tell. Anyway, Michael Gove has just waded in and I'm confident he will save us).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Now, now. What happens in the North stand is between the young men there and their God. As long as the nobbers are ejected and shamed in West Upper, I'm happy.

(Seriously, yes, you have a point. Only time, of course, will tell. Anyway, Michael Gove has just waded in and I'm confident he will save us).

Nobbers in WSU ? That’s all of them isn’t it ? :lolol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
‘Hi Bry, welcome to the Amex for your first day of work - we’ve kept things simple for you as you’re new. We’ve put you in the North Stand, and would simply like you to walk around the concourse. Here’s a hi-viz jacket for your protection. If you see anyone not wearing a mask, politely ask them to put it on. If they refuse, ask them to accompany you to the turnstiles and inform them they are being ejected’

If today goes well, next week you can do the same in the away end when Palace are here.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

:lolol:

I’m having traumatic flashbacks to the time I had to evacuate a bunch of pensioners playing Big Money Bingo in a village hall when the kichen caught fire. How the **** I escaped with my life on that job is still a mystery.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Friday isn’t Friday until the BLOW has been given :thumbsup:

When I watch football on the telly with my pal and neighbour, Bob the (retired) social worker (as in "please don't section me, Bob, old pal"), which is on average 7 days a week, sometimes more, I like to cast my vote for who, among the 22 (plus subs) has the loveliest hair. I announce this, normally in the second half by commenting "he's not having a great game, but he has lovely hair".

I have found that when watching games between teams lower down in the EPL, I often don't make a HGLH award. This was the case this evening in the game between Bentford and Whatfor. The HGLH award is a very prestigious award, a bit like a Hollywood Handshake. I may start a thread on this to keep interested readers abreast of developments. We shall see ???

:thumbsup:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
You’d need an absolute army of stewards, and they would need to be ready for a few scuffles I would think.

I honestly didn't realise how feral our fanbase is. All we are asking is for them to wear a mask.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This thing is moving so fast that I even think there’s a small chance that we’ll not be permitted at the game on Wednesday night. Very unlikely, but there’s a chance.

There has now has to be a considerable chance that the few who fancy the Amex at 8pm on Boxing Day won’t be allowed to go either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here