Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex Plan B details

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Isn't mask wearing in the concourses part of the PL protocols? Believe it has been since the beginning of the season but not been enforced. Surely it must now.

Think it’s ‘strongly recommended’ but under Plan B it becomes ‘required’. Whether it actually gets enforced is another question - good luck especially at away games for example.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
One most people are eating and drinking so won’t be wearing one
Two how do you propose enforcing it

I take it you don’t bother going to watch Brighton …too busy scanning the news for any article predicting doom and gloom so you can reproduce it on the covid forum

Easy to enforce mask wearing in the queues for food - refuse to serve those not wearing a mask.

Start ejecting anyone refusing to wear a mask.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
One most people are eating and drinking so won’t be wearing one
Two how do you propose enforcing it

I take it you don’t bother going to watch Brighton …too busy scanning the news for any article predicting doom and gloom so you can reproduce it on the covid forum

For the sake of me and my family I've not been for nearly 2 years but what I've heard has horrified me. The PL regulations state masks must be worn in indoor areas of the stadium and yet barely anyone does.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Isn't mask wearing in the concourses part of the PL protocols? Believe it has been since the beginning of the season but not been enforced. Surely it must now.

How? Six young women on minimum wage (plus a generous increment paid by the club at no obligation) behoving a thousand burly men per square hectare? That'll work :facepalm:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For the sake of me and my family I've not been for nearly 2 years but what I've heard has horrified me. The PL regulations state masks must be worn in indoor areas of the stadium and yet barely anyone does.

You’d need an absolute army of stewards, and they would need to be ready for a few scuffles I would think.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lots of: "Don't have to wear one - I'm exempt mate"

Precisely.

The exemption scam (oooh, I have, er, a mask allergy) was always going to **** up any prospect of real enforcement.

You don't even need to spend 50p on a fake lanyard.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
"Prove it"

My neighbour, who is exempt, carries a letter from their doctor.

The minimum wage students can’t even get an order right or pull a pint properly………and you expected them to check mask exemption in a pie queue? Queues are already borderline unmanageable. Won’t happen.

I reckon we’ll be down to 50 or 25% capacity before Xmas.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"Prove it"

Not legally enforcable. Thanks, Boris :thumbsup:

And as pointed out elsewhere, you need enforcers to enforce. The weight of numbers precludes that. Pop the mask on at the turnstiles, then take it off on the stairs.

"This is a free country and we should not be telling people what to do".

It's time the head (Boris) is cut off the beast, I feel.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Easy to enforce mask wearing in the queues for food - refuse to serve those not wearing a mask.

Start ejecting anyone refusing to wear a mask.

There literally isn’t enough money you could pay me to stand on a concourse trying to make thousands of pissed up football supporters put a mask on and then try to frog march them out an exit if they refuse.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not really - eject one or two - the message that the club was serious would soon be obvious.

And the message will be ignored. And I'm not even thinking about the coked up nobs we now have at our games.

If I'm wrong and you're right I will happily salute you. I'm a skeptic. We shall see.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The minimum wage students can’t even get an order right or pull a pint properly………and you expected them to check mask exemption in a pie queue? Queues are already borderline unmanageable. Won’t happen.

I reckon we’ll be down to 50 or 25% capacity before Xmas.

I wouldn't serve anyone without a mask in the queue - the percentage genuinely exempt is small, (tiny?), either get someone else to queue for them or have a separate area for them to buy food and drink.

Having just one or two stations that will serve those not wearing would increase compliance.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There literally isn’t enough money you could pay me to stand on a concourse trying to make thousands of pissed up football supporters put a mask on and then try to frog march them out an exit if they refuse.

Now, now. For a monkey I'll slip on a hi viz jacket and join you. Come on, you slags!

(You're right, of course.:()

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"Prove it"

That's not a requirement though, is it? There's no burden of proof on anyone.

Sadly we all know the sorts who won't wear a mask and believe a cocky "I'm exempt mate" is all they need to say to any challenge they face.

Funnily enough at Disney World, masks are required in all indoor locations. No mask, no entry. Seems to be far fewer exempt people there. By "far fewer", I mean none at all.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

‘Hi Bry, welcome to the Amex for your first day of work - we’ve kept things simple for you as you’re new. We’ve put you in the North Stand, and would simply like you to walk around the concourse. Here’s a hi-viz jacket for your protection. If you see anyone not wearing a mask, politely ask them to put it on. If they refuse, ask them to accompany you to the turnstiles and inform them they are being ejected’

If today goes well, next week you can do the same in the away end when Palace are here.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
‘Hi Bry, welcome to the Amex for your first day of work - we’ve kept things simple for you as you’re new. We’ve put you in the North Stand, and would simply like you to walk around the concourse. Here’s a hi-viz jacket for your protection. If you see anyone not wearing a mask, politely ask them to put it on. If they refuse, ask them to accompany you to the turnstiles and inform them they are being ejected’

If today goes well, next week you can do the same in the away end when Palace are here.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

I think my incentive (see above) is far more persuasive in the quest for volunteers. Some people may do almost anything for money. See Divine in Pink Flamingos ???

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

People are routinely ejected from football grounds without a riot ensuing.

It wouldn't be a matter of trying to make thousands wear a mask - start making an example of just small groups who refuse to do so when asked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here