Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex car park changes - this will upset the early leavers parked in Bennett's Field

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
1901 members get parking included in their package that hasn't changed. For corporate clients, the cost for a match and meal at the Amex is probably cheaper than 90% of the other clubs in this division, and cheaper than most Premier League clubs also.

I think trying to sell corporate tickets with a minimum 45 minute wait would make this less attactive, i'm not sure why you would dispute this.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think trying to sell corporate tickets with a minimum 45 minute wait would make this less attactive, i'm not sure why you would dispute this.

Not disputing it, try getting hospitality at West Ham, using the corporate car park, worse than 45 minutes. It's the same at most other clubs, it's not unusual, and tbf most people on a corporate jolly are unlikely to be looking to leave straight after anyway.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Not strictly true, in fact not true at all. For the Liverpool League cup game the Police opperated the BF car park exits, and we were most definately out sooner than 45 minutes. Likewise, we often used to arrive very early, and park right by the exit, we were never held back. I'm not sure what changed to the point where now cars are held back and drip fed out just 2 or 3 at a time, but that is what causes the horrendous delays. Now, the people who have resereved parking spaces right at the top of BF (box holders) can get out quickly providing they get to their cars quite promptly after the game, before the gridlock occurs.

Box holders are going to be over the moon that they have paid all that money to be trapped in their spaces right by the exit.
What about the VIP car park and all special guests. Remember seeing Parish make a sharp exit 5 mins before the end of the St Patricks Day massacre last year. He'd have loved sitting in his yellow ferrari at the front of the exit to the car park for 50 mins as all the fans streamed past.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Not disputing it, try getting hospitality at West Ham, using the corporate car park, worse than 45 minutes. It's the same at most other clubs, it's not unusual, and tbf most people on a corporate jolly are unlikely to be looking to leave straight after anyway.

Are most 1901 members on corporate jollies or are they mainly ordinary fans with a bit more money to spend?

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Most are normal fans, who just like a nicer view and seat. Personally for me, it makes sense and I am in Bennetts Field and nearly always stay for a beer and leave about 17:30-45. If you don't like that, then they can move if they want. Hopefully it might stop some of the 'fans' leaving with 10 mins to go, not just a 1901 problem so I hear, but never understand why people go, would you leave a film or play early, no. Time will tell if it works, one concern maybe that the early ones might form a q to get out at 17:00, which could cause a issue, lets wait and see. Might be nice to see some stewards after the game, as we see loads to help us in, but rarely any at the end of the game.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Are most 1901 members on corporate jollies or are they mainly ordinary fans with a bit more money to spend?

Most are fans, and as fans we are a) used to the carnage in BF, or b) more often that not will wait an hour or so after a game to leave or c) don't use BF any more.

Those on a jolly won't notice anything different at the Amex compared to any other ground they may have had a jolly at, apart from the seats are padded, the view is better, they won't be surrounded by typical corporate suits. They may well enjoy the experience more than they have at other grounds.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Interesting to note that consideration is being given to restrict traffic into Village way on match days to try and eliminate the cars that drop off/pick up that cause an almighty post match jam. Those cars (post match) contribute massively to messing up the 23/25 buses and also cars leaving Bennetts Field. Obviously some people have a legitimate reason to enter Village Way, University, Gym etc but I assume they would just show passes to be allowed to enter Village way if restrictions are enforced.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
So glad I sold my 1901 seats last summer.

Really does not give you much more than a standard seat unless you want to eat a sit down meal.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The exits need to be controlled with a bit more authority, I go out of the top and it can be difficult getting into the traffic that's coming onto the roundabout from the A27 slip. More numbers aren't going to help that.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out

I agree with your comments here!

Interesting to note that consideration is being given to restrict traffic into Village way on match days to try and eliminate the cars that drop off/pick up that cause an almighty post match jam. Those cars (post match) contribute massively to messing up the 23/25 buses and also cars leaving Bennetts Field. Obviously some people have a legitimate reason to enter Village Way, University, Gym etc but I assume they would just show passes to be allowed to enter Village way if restrictions are enforced.

It's not just confined to BF. People parking in the road approaching the A27 slip road from the uni, and on it are also causing tailbacks for those heading eastwards as are people jamming up the left lane (but who wish to turn right) approaching the mini roundabout at that junction. It's only a matter of time before there's a serious accident there particularly in the slip road as several times I've seen cars pull out very slowly just when another vehicle is accelerating to enter the a27. I would like the police to oversee this roundabout.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
But why further wait for more issues to occur ? Of course I do wonder if the number plates of previous incidents were taken.

It just seems massively arse over tit.

A bit like if Palace responded to the bloke throwing coins at Rooney by making the concourse bars Debit and Credit card only.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Will never work in principle. If someone wants to leave, get in their car and drive home at any time, for what ever reason (family emergency, other arrangements etc) they should and will be able to.

Hmm. These "emergencies" you speak of...do they include getting back to your local in Hassocks or Ditchling which is what some of the jokers round me are leaving at 80 minutes from ESL to do?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

A bit like if Palace responded to the bloke throwing coins at Rooney by making the concourse bars Debit and Credit card only.

How many of the Jestermen are allowed either of them?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Theres a difference between some brain-dead idiots throwing coins at a Premier League footballer and brain-dead idiots who have assaulted staff members and have nearly ran people over, which if it carried on - could result in someone being badly hurt. This is preventable and is being prevented - the idiots at Selhurst cant......except the idiots getting banned.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Hmm. These "emergencies" you speak of...do they include getting back to your local in Hassocks or Ditchling which is what some of the jokers round me are leaving at 80 minutes from ESL to do?

No. getting back to my local in H Heath yes. Hassocks no. Or child birth, gas explosion, cat fur ball are other good examples.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Closing off Village Way to regular traffic for 30/45mins post match would make such a massive difference to the traffic queues that form after games l think. As would controlling the traffic lights. It will mean everyone on the 23 and 25 bus, park & rides, supporters coaches, and those parked in Bennett's Field will be able to get away in a fraction of the time that they do now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here