Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

am i missing something here!!!????

Re: Re: Re: Re: am i missing something here!!!????

Barrel of Fun said:
But if I don't read the web, read the guardian, watch channel 4 or the BBC or do not subscribe to the Sun, then how am I supposed to know about the attack!? :jester:

I know, amazing how little coverage the story got in the press. Evidentally only the extreme left wing press bothered to cover it :lolol:

Commander said:
True, but there has to be a line somewhere. People are always going to pick on other people for things that they see as different- colour of skin, colour of hair, fatness, thinness, tallness, shortness, baldness etc. All things that are not the persons choice (apart from maybe fatness!). It's just that out of all these things, society has made it a major taboo for the first one, but not for the others. I think it's just as dangerous to make a big deal out of a bit of banter as it is to ignore proper racism. By the way, I'm not referring to CBB here, I haven't watched it all, so don't really know whether what's going on is racism or not. Although am going to tonight!

To say that they are all bad, so why fight racism when we don't fight so hard against the others isn't really a very solid argument. It is good that people make a stand, and it will make the world a better place in the long run. The passion with which racism is fought against is directly related to the harm that racism causes.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Lokki 7 said:
To say that they are all bad, so why fight racism when we don't fight so hard against the others isn't really a very solid argument. It is good that people make a stand, and it will make the world a better place in the long run. The passion with which racism is fought against is directly related to the harm that racism causes.

I wasn't saying they are all bad. I was saying it is human nature to pick on each other for things people see as different, and I think that the racism thing is often blown out of all proportion, which is just as dangerous as completely ignoring it.

Commander said:
I think that the racism thing is often blown out of all proportion, which is just as dangerous as completely ignoring it.

Then we shall agree to disagree my friend. Lets just say my experiences may differ from yours.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Commander said:
and I think that the racism thing is often blown out of all proportion, which is just as dangerous as completely ignoring it.

Can't argue with that!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Having watched most of the programmes, I am more of the opinion that it is not racism, just plain jelously.

In There you have a gorgous articulate rich talented sexy in demand woman and on the other hand you have a washed up pop star, a bimbo who took her clothes off for Playboy and is currently seeing an aging footballer, and a "celebrity" that was created by Big Brother itself.

The problem also seems to be one that is prevalent here is that what some people think is racism other people just regard as "banter" or a "bit of fun"

In a nutshell, BB this year is a microcosm of the society we live in

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Lokki 7 said:
Then we shall agree to disagree my friend. Lets just say my experiences may differ from yours.

Fair enough.

Did I mention I am a ginger, fat, muslim dwarf, by the way?

Dave the Gaffer said:
Having watched most of the programmes, I am more of the opinion that it is not racism, just plain jelously.

In There you have a gorgous articulate rich talented sexy in demand woman and on the other hand you have a washed up pop star, a bimbo who took her clothes off for Playboy and is currently seeing an aging footballer, and a "celebrity" that was created by Big Brother itself.

The problem also seems to be one that is prevalent here is that what some people think is racism other people just regard as "banter" or a "bit of fun"

In a nutshell, BB this year is a microcosm of the society we live in

Very good post Dave. Not having watched any of CBB my postings on this thread are concerning general issues of racism, which seems to have become the general discussion.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Lokki 7 said:
Then our experiences definitely differ.

Indeed. I'm not really ginger though.

Lokki 7 said:
Not having watched any of CBB my postings on this thread are concerning general issues of racism, which seems to have become the general discussion.

Ditto.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤ said:
Has it actually been confirmed that Jack said "f***ing Paki" then?

According to The Times he only called her a c'unt, so it's okay.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
brunswick said:
thats the thing. I am 90% sure i am much more travelled than you and have 'lived' in many more different cultures than you. I hate the english right wing and what sort of person you have described.

I work with indians too, and have done so in the middle east.

so f*** yourself.

Blimey. Calm down - it was only a bit of mild ribbing (or so I thought).

Sounding a bit like Michael Winner there.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Commander said:
True, but there has to be a line somewhere. People are always going to pick on other people for things that they see as different- colour of skin, colour of hair, fatness, thinness, tallness, shortness, baldness etc. All things that are not the persons choice (apart from maybe fatness!). It's just that out of all these things, society has made it a major taboo for the first one, but not for the others. I think it's just as dangerous to make a big deal out of a bit of banter as it is to ignore proper racism. By the way, I'm not referring to CBB here, I haven't watched it all, so don't really know whether what's going on is racism or not. Although am going to tonight!

Your hat is silly.

So if you see a thug wearing a silly hat kicking to death a innocent Pakistani boy whilst screaming ''Die Paki Die'' you think its ok do you ?

Thats about the level of Chessy and Blokki 7 arguement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here