Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All HAIL David Burke!!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The problem is we had TWO good wins back then and out came NSC at its finest. People really need to learn to judge the bigger picture & wait and see. Far to many snap judgements on here from many. It won't change though....

Personally, I think a lot of people had got fed up with the moaning all summer from certain sections of supporters on here. They spent their time moaning about the clubs transfer policy meaning that when we did get a few players in and a couple of wins, there was always going to be a thread like this.

The simple fact is, nobody knows what's going to happen until you get to at least 15 games (and obviously it can change after that too). This thread shouldn't have happened only four games into the season but then people shouldn't have been moaning about transfers in mid June (which I argued quite a lot in the summer and got accused of being a licker).

We've now seen the transfer activity wasn't good enough and acted. Hopefully, fans can get behind the team now. I'm sure there are a few on here feeling very pleased with themselves that Albion have had a poor season and they've been proved right, which is sad!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I personally think NJ will play a completely different game tomorrow and we will reap the rewards. It also wouldn't surprise me to see some wannabe managers in attendance either. UTA ... Merry Christmas to all

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
What a bunch of pillocks! In the very early hours of Christmas Day when the Bedwetters should have been partying or nervously awaiting Santa. Instead, in their sadness they bombard NSC with 'I told you so' messages.....:facepalm:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
God all mighty. The amount of childish point scoring on NSC these days is pathetic. Merry Christmas

TBF Commander's ridiculous post warrants the recent response...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Wow, it's really feast or famine on here, isn't it? We've certainly got a lot of players now. But we'll only be able to judge the success or otherwise of the club's efforts during this transfer window (and the next) at the end of the season. We haven't even played against a decent team yet ...

Wise words in hindsight.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Likewise.

Burke certainly talked the talk though didn't he.

:lolol:

He certainly did and when you listen how his datadase was to protect the club against bad signings for all types of reason's. He then ignores all theses very reasons not to sign a player, with his first on his own signing, of Agustien,

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What I am having trouble understanding is why did is take Hyypia to quit for Bloom to get get his arse in gear and start a cull that should have happened at least a month ago? Was he just going to leave Hyypia to bumble along for another month or so and leave Burke to **** up again in the January window. It's both weird and bizarre.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The problem is we had TWO good wins back then and out came NSC at its finest. People really need to learn to judge the bigger picture & wait and see. Far to many snap judgements on here from many. It won't change though....

We're football fans. Sometimes driven by blind emotions. We do that shit.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What I am having trouble understanding is why did is take Hyypia to quit for Bloom to get get his arse in gear and start a cull that should have happened at least a month ago? Was he just going to leave Hyypia to bumble along for another month or so and leave Burke to **** up again in the January window. It's both weird and bizarre.

Perhaps Burke's sacking is a symptom of Hyypia leaving, insomuch as we'll have a larger pool of managers to choose from now that they'll have more say in recruitment (Pulis certainly wouldn't have worked with a dof, there must be others).

Who knows though, maybe it's to do with season ticket renewals.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It just shows how many idiots there are on this board. The bed wetting this Summer has been absolutely pathetic, even worse than usual. I'd like to think they'd think "hmm, perhaps I was a little silly there", but I'm sure they won't, and we'll be back to the same old pathetic whining next Summer, as exactly the same situation unfolds again, just like it has every single Summer since we moved to the Amex and became a proper football club again.

Ernest, Mutts Nuts etc, how do you feel about things now? Silly? Stupid? Oh let me guess, it was actually a 'joke'.

This post has 25 Thumbs Ups (27 actually, with 2 Thumbs down) - so at the time it was widely agreed with. Now, with hindsight, people are bouncing it to suit their agenda which is fine, that's how the world works. But when it was posted, it was absolutely a spot on commentary on the childish behaviour and rantings of many about the transfer activity and policy. We ended up with players who, on paper, are decent enough signings but I think most would agree that Sami wasn't capable of getting the best out of them.

Personally, I agree with Tony Bloom's opinion that the squad is probably good enough to be at the top end of the division (I don't think it's a play-off quality squad, because there are many better squads than ours in the division this season) but Sami didn't get the best out of the players. He hasn't had ANYTHING from them, in all honesty, and nobody can disagree that based on results alone he deserved to lose his job. But it's harder to judge Burke because the players themselves weren't bad (O'Grady excepted :lolol: ), but he had to rely on the manager to get something out of them.

Either way, I would rather the manager had autonomy as a general rule so I'm not overly disappointed to see Burke leave, but I don't like the culture of people quoting old posts out of context in hindsight to satisfy their agenda, it's a cheap tactic.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
It just shows how many idiots there are on this board. The bed wetting this Summer has been absolutely pathetic, even worse than usual. I'd like to think they'd think "hmm, perhaps I was a little silly there", but I'm sure they won't, and we'll be back to the same old pathetic whining next Summer, as exactly the same situation unfolds again, just like it has every single Summer since we moved to the Amex and became a proper football club again.

Ernest, Mutts Nuts etc, how do you feel about things now? Silly? Stupid? Oh let me guess, it was actually a 'joke'.

hahahahahahaha

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here