Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All HAIL David Burke!!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I think this whole saga has been hilarious.

Based on zero evidence whatsoever people decided Burke should go... Actually, less than zero evidence. There was a mountain of evidence to suggest he was in fact doing a great job. But people ignored that because they wanted it NOW. Not tomorrow. NOW. I want I want I want.

As the club has grown it has become more of a closed shop. The fanbase has got larger which means the amount of shit which gets spouted has increased hugely. We do not know what David Burke and Paul Barber talk about when they're having a coffee at work. We have no idea (largely) about who the club are trying to sign, how much players earn or what colour pants Tony Bloom wears.

Deal with it. We don't need to know. All we can do is sit back and see how this club progresses. And from whereI'm sitting, there aren't any clubs in the country I'd rather be a fan of. We've gone from plucky underdogs who play at an athletics track, to one of the best setups in the entire league. Why would you moan?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but as of this second, I don't care what happens this season. Because the people at the club seem to be trying to do everything the right way. That's something to support even if it doesn't work out! :thumbsup:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Based on zero evidence whatsoever people decided Burke should go... Actually, less than zero evidence. There was a mountain of evidence to suggest he was in fact doing a great job. But people ignored that because they wanted it NOW. Not tomorrow. NOW. I want I want I want.

As the club has grown it has become more of a closed shop. The fanbase has got larger which means the amount of shit which gets spouted has increased hugely. We do not know what David Burke and Paul Barber talk about when they're having a coffee at work. We have no idea (largely) about who the club are trying to sign, how much players earn or what colour pants Tony Bloom wears.

Deal with it. We don't need to know. All we can do is sit back and see how this club progresses. And from whereI'm sitting, there aren't any clubs in the country I'd rather be a fan of. We've gone from plucky underdogs who play at an athletics track, to one of the best setups in the entire league. Why would you moan?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but as of this second, I don't care what happens this season. Because the people at the club seem to be trying to do everything the right way. That's something to support even if it doesn't work out! :thumbsup:

Excellent post. The odd thing is, some people think they have a RIGHT to know the ins and outs confidential transfer dealings and inside information on the club because they pay for a season ticket. It's is absolutely pathetic. We aren't a non league setup anymore, we're a proper club, and we're run like a proper club. Better than the vast majority, in fact. I pay for a season ticket for my train travel to work, do I have the right to be involved and updated every time Southern are recruiting a new train driver?

The people who need to feel involved, who need to pretend they are somehow important and who demand to know what's happening inside the club at any given time- there are plenty of local non-league clubs that you could get involved in and feel this kind of belonging that you so crave. Perhaps you'd be better suited to 'supporting' one of these types of clubs, because the Albion have moved on from there.

The ridiculous thing is, we'll have it all over again next Summer. They won't learn.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!

Yeah, spot on...

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I know the Ward transfer this summer is the one that people have quoted as the example of a failing in our dealings. On the face of it, he was happy here, wanted to come etc etc and many assumed that it was ours to lose...except that we don't know what the delay was...with hindsight, the player (and I guess his Agent etc) appears to have been the delaying factor..waiting, expecting, hoping for a better offer.( and let's be fair we don't know what that better offer is : money, chance to play PL football or both? All guesswork on our part) We can put an acceptable deal on the table, but it means nothing if players and Agents are using this as their last shot at a big money move. Sammy Lee another example. It just teaches us again that WE DON'T KNOW and we have far more examples that say we should trust the Club and it's consistent approach of not commenting until deal is done.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Tony Bloom..... A man of his word. :kiss:

Can 'Piglets Pantry' knock up enough Humble Pie to feed those with the weak bladders. Or have they all gone to ground eagerly awaiting signs of even the tiniest hiccup. :rolleyes:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Excellent post. The odd thing is, some people think they have a RIGHT to know the ins and outs confidential transfer dealings and inside information on the club because they pay for a season ticket. It's is absolutely pathetic. We aren't a non league setup anymore, we're a proper club, and we're run like a proper club. Better than the vast majority, in fact. I pay for a season ticket for my train travel to work, do I have the right to be involved and updated every time Southern are recruiting a new train driver?

The people who need to feel involved, who need to pretend they are somehow important and who demand to know what's happening inside the club at any given time- there are plenty of local non-league clubs that you could get involved in and feel this kind of belonging that you so crave. Perhaps you'd be better suited to 'supporting' one of these types of clubs, because the Albion have moved on from there.

The ridiculous thing is, we'll have it all over again next Summer. They won't learn.

It's a bit odd to compare the Albion and a train company. Do you cheer when a train arrives on time?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Yes of course that would be preferable. But that's the way the system works because of the transfer window. It's the same every Summer. How many other Championship clubs do you think had their completed squads in place at the end of July? I'd wager none.

Think about it this way: if you are a club with aspirations of promotion to the Premier League, then the calibre of players you need to sign are ones that could potentially play at that level, yes? Now imagine you are a player who has the ability to play at Premier League level. Why would you sign for a Championship club in June or July? You wouldn't. If you had a chance of playing in the Premier League then you'd hold out for it until as late as possible, until you'd finally accepted that you needed to drop to Championship level this year. Which is why so many deals are done in the last week of the window.

The way people talk on here sometimes is like the club are sat around twiddling their thumbs thinking 'no need to worry now, we'll just get some players once the season starts'. It's an utterly ridiculous concept- people seem to think that to sign a player we call up the club on the day, make an offer, get it accepted and get him in. It takes months of negotiations to get that player, it doesn't all happen on the day! And the flurry of activity on deadline day is mainly clubs tying up deals that have been going on since the end of last season, not clubs just making spur of the moment purchases.

Until the transfer window system changes and shuts on the first day of the season, it will always be like this in the Championship.

This...plus add in the delays caused at the top of the pyramid by the World Cup. Until the top European clubs could start/complete their "superstar" moves, everything further down the line goes that little bit slower.

I think the timescales it occurred over are less than ideal, but eminently predictable.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It's a bit odd to compare the Albion and a train company. Do you cheer when a train arrives on time?

It has been known, what with the rarity of that phenomenon.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

more MINDLESS LICKING, don't you EVER give your TONGUE a REST ?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

0.jpg

:facepalm:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
It just shows how many idiots there are on this board. The bed wetting this Summer has been absolutely pathetic, even worse than usual. I'd like to think they'd think "hmm, perhaps I was a little silly there", but I'm sure they won't, and we'll be back to the same old pathetic whining next Summer, as exactly the same situation unfolds again, just like it has every single Summer since we moved to the Amex and became a proper football club again.

Ernest, Mutts Nuts etc, how do you feel about things now? Silly? Stupid? Oh let me guess, it was actually a 'joke'.

How STUPID you must FEEL now

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I
It just shows how many idiots there are on this board. The bed wetting this Summer has been absolutely pathetic, even worse than usual. I'd like to think they'd think "hmm, perhaps I was a little silly there", but I'm sure they won't, and we'll be back to the same old pathetic whining next Summer, as exactly the same situation unfolds again, just like it has every single Summer since we moved to the Amex and became a proper football club again.

Ernest, Mutts Nuts etc, how do you feel about things now? Silly? Stupid? Oh let me guess, it was actually a 'joke'.

Whoops

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
..........and he looked so fetching in that black pullover/ white shirt combo..............even I was suckered in. :shootself

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Commander <--- :dunce::lol:

Dec 29, 2011
Lots of egg, lots of faces. The 'bedwetters' were criticised for judging the team too soon, while the 'lickers' needed only two games to think they were proven right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here