Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All HAIL David Burke!!

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Lots of egg, lots of faces. The 'bedwetters' were criticised for judging the team too soon, while the 'lickers' needed only two games to think they were proven right.

Don't worry the Lickers will be along shortly to post their apologies to all the bedwetters I'm sure of it.

It just shows how many idiots there are on this board. The bed wetting this Summer has been absolutely pathetic, even worse than usual. I'd like to think they'd think "hmm, perhaps I was a little silly there", but I'm sure they won't, and we'll be back to the same old pathetic whining next Summer, as exactly the same situation unfolds again, just like it has every single Summer since we moved to the Amex and became a proper football club again.

Ernest, Mutts Nuts etc, how do you feel about things now? Silly? Stupid? Oh let me guess, it was actually a 'joke'.

My personal favourite.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Oh dear the 1st page is quite cringe worthy but will the posters admit they were wrong and all retract their statements :blush:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Yes of course that would be preferable. But that's the way the system works because of the transfer window. It's the same every Summer. How many other Championship clubs do you think had their completed squads in place at the end of July? I'd wager none.

Think about it this way: if you are a club with aspirations of promotion to the Premier League, then the calibre of players you need to sign are ones that could potentially play at that level, yes? Now imagine you are a player who has the ability to play at Premier League level. Why would you sign for a Championship club in June or July? You wouldn't. If you had a chance of playing in the Premier League then you'd hold out for it until as late as possible, until you'd finally accepted that you needed to drop to Championship level this year. Which is why so many deals are done in the last week of the window.

The way people talk on here sometimes is like the club are sat around twiddling their thumbs thinking 'no need to worry now, we'll just get some players once the season starts'. It's an utterly ridiculous concept- people seem to think that to sign a player we call up the club on the day, make an offer, get it accepted and get him in. It takes months of negotiations to get that player, it doesn't all happen on the day! And the flurry of activity on deadline day is mainly clubs tying up deals that have been going on since the end of last season, not clubs just making spur of the moment purchases.

Until the transfer window system changes and shuts on the first day of the season, it will always be like this in the Championship.

This presumes that we are chasing top championship/premiership players which is not the case, where are the development players, the rising players from division one. We clearly ended up with many players on free transfers and who were out of contract. We have been given dates for the squad to assemble and told that we have a playoff chasing squad. How can that be when we subsequently send two strikers out on loan and play a loan striker whilst our other glorious summer signing remains out of sight. No its not simple, but to sort out these problems is what Burke /Barber and their team are employed to do, I remain that they did not do a very good job and now we reap the rewards of their collective failure.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you disagreed with Commander when he made the post, fair enough, but if not there's no point acting all wise now, with hindsight.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The problem is we had TWO good wins back then and out came NSC at its finest. People really need to learn to judge the bigger picture & wait and see. Far to many snap judgements on here from many. It won't change though....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It just shows how many idiots there are on this board. The bed wetting this Summer has been absolutely pathetic, even worse than usual. I'd like to think they'd think "hmm, perhaps I was a little silly there", but I'm sure they won't, and we'll be back to the same old pathetic whining next Summer, as exactly the same situation unfolds again, just like it has every single Summer since we moved to the Amex and became a proper football club again.

Ernest, Mutts Nuts etc, how do you feel about things now? Silly? Stupid? Oh let me guess, it was actually a 'joke'.

Yeh, great player signings, weren't they?

Or not, as indicated by Burke's later sacking.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Brilliant to bring back this thread.

Some truly cringeworthy bootlicking of Burke at the end of August, just because he signed some 'players'. Missing the big picture of a massive drop in squad quality over 18 months, and the awful football played with a better squad 2013/14. The shite soon hit the fans with sharp falls in real attendances this season, loss after loss and Burke's justified sacking.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Some shocking efforts from lots of individuals on here. Hang your heads in shame.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Or many posters on NSC didn't rate the work of Burke then, nor now.
As I said, if you disagreed when he made the post, fair enough. I didn't see many disagreeing.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Wouldn't it be nice if someone had invented hindsight a bit sooner?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here