Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I don’t agree re AJ, but the Trossard comparison is interesting. More and more he just looks like a poor man’s Knockaert.

At least with Knocky you got 100% effort even though it was misguided a few times...... I’d take that every time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trossard is a top end championship player at best, played maybe 2 good games this season the rest has been anonymous

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
In a division lower...

At this level, Knocky, Trossard and Jahanbaksh have all had flashes, but not delivered quality with any consistency.

But if not delivering, at least Knocky has the pace to sh** up a defender and the passion to get his team mates going. I'd way sooner have him in the team to face Wolves than ...... well any of our current forward options now I think about it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fulham didn't have the faith either

Perhaps they didn't give him the 'love' he received here. Might have excelled under Potter........ We'll never know. WHat we do know is that Trossard isn't anything like as exciting on the ball, nor does he have anything like the same work ethic on the pitch.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Perhaps they didn't give him the 'love' he received here. Might have excelled under Potter........ We'll never know. WHat we do know is that Trossard isn't anything like as exciting on the ball, nor does he have anything like the same work ethic on the pitch.

I agree about Trossard, but this is a football club and not about cuddling any individual to perform. It's life, you do it or you don't.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
Love Knocky, could do with his passion now. (Maybe not the Bournemouth red mist)

Jahanbaksh however needs a chance, but in his proper position.

Mind I could say that about a lot of players now.

Propper if he's fit can also do a job, we need pace in midfield, something Pascal (for all his qualities lack, though to be fair he makes sapce for himslef with his quick feet)

-2Formation needs to change to suit plaers, we need to break more quickly, perhaps a 4-5-1, as we are set up we will never progress quickly enough to break teams down and score enough goals.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
At this level, Knocky, Trossard and Jahanbaksh have all had flashes, but not delivered quality with any consistency.

But if not delivering, at least Knocky has the pace to sh** up a defender and the passion to get his team mates going. I'd way sooner have him in the team to face Wolves than ...... well any of our current forward options now I think about it.

Genuine question, have you seen Knocky last season at Fulham or this at Forest ? He is a shadow of his former self

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Genuine question, have you seen Knocky last season at Fulham or this at Forest ? He is a shadow of his former self

As is Maupay, as is Connolly, as is Wellbeck, Trossard, Jahanbaksh, if they were every any good.

I don't believe in some alternate reality if where we re-signed Knocky, he would fire us up the league. But at least i've seen evidence that he is capable of sustained brilliance, albeit, as you say in a division below. I've never seen it from any of our existing options

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I am one of few who has great sympathy for Ali. What on earth is Potter doing playing him at centre ford. He is a wide player that should be supplying chances for Maupay and Welbeck

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As is Maupay, as is Connolly, as is Wellbeck, Trossard, Jahanbaksh, if they were every any good.

I don't believe in some alternate reality if where we re-signed Knocky, he would fire us up the league. But at least i've seen evidence that he is capable of sustained brilliance, albeit, as you say in a division below. I've never seen it from any of our existing options

Surprised you’ve included Connolly & Welbeck. Connolly doesn’t have a former self really, and Welbeck ‘former self’ is far beyond where Knockaert is. Based on what I have seen with Welbeck he would be handy for any bottom half PL team at the moment

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I agree with you.

Said at the time I was disappointed GP didn’t give Knocky a chance. I get the feeling it was a “club decision”, but a shame, I remember disagreeing with others on this. He may have fitted well with Potters style and had genuine flair.

Too late now though. We’ll never know.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looks like he wants a move

[tweet]1346826851608637443[/tweet]

🎙 Alireza Jahanbakhsh: "I had good offers in the summer, but the coach and the club asked me to stay, with the promise that things would get better. The conversations with me were practically different from what happened.

'I'm 27 years old and I'm in a period where I have to play a lot more and be in better shape. At this age, I should not be satisfied with my current situation. Rest assured, God willing, I will make a decision that will help my football. '

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here