[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think the club has been trying to get rid of him for a long time, nothing new really. We know AZ said no this summer, they probably werent the only ones. Main problem is that it is hard to think of a club that would want to buy him and pay him whatever he is earning in Brighton.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Think the club has been trying to get rid of him for a long time, nothing new really. We know AZ said no this summer, they probably werent the only ones. Main problem is that it is hard to think of a club that would want to buy him and pay him whatever he is earning in Brighton.

It sounds as if the player is taking the view that it's time to accept a pay cut to get on a pitch somewhere.

His wages have kept him here for this long.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It sounds as if the player is taking the view that it's time to accept a pay cut to get on a pitch somewhere.

His wages have kept him here for this long.

Ok didnt read the tweet, my internet connection doesnt like translating tweets for whatever reason.

He should be off then... I imagine there are plenty of takers out there, dont think he will stay in England.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
C'est la vie.

We can now all rejoice in the fact he's leaving, having been nothing but a model (well paid) professional, who did provide one of the greatest AMEX moments.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'll miss him. We have wasted a talent and now we'll go off in search of someone else. Ali could have been a superstar for us but never had a sustained run in his best position. I fear it's our loss as much as his. I hope he goes to a top level club somewhere and shows us what we missed.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Brighton the only club not to play record signings most go straight into the team. Locadia was a weird one scored twice and then dropped and if I remember we won three in a row when AJ started and then dropped for ages :shrug:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I wish him well but am surprised at how highly rated he is by some on here. Yes he got a couple of spectacular goals but on the whole I was very disappointed in him. He wasn't picked in the starting line up for a reason (not just injury).

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
And yet still, he looks one of our most dangerous and direct outlets when he comes on. I always think there's something in him waiting to flourish if given a sustained run in the side in his preferred right wing-forward position, but sadly none of our front 3 or 4 get a sustained run in the side.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Another good news thread.

Unnecessary IMO....I never quite get posts like this re players who have tried their best, been decent servants to the club and not been dicks [emoji2369][emoji2369]

Anyway, never been anything other than completely professional and humble and I’ll never forget that Chelsea goal. Was almost as stunned as he was [emoji23][emoji23]

Will do a great job for someone in the right team/position. Talented player and wish him well if he’s off.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I wish him well but am surprised at how highly rated he is by some on here. Yes he got a couple of spectacular goals but on the whole I was very disappointed in him. He wasn't picked in the starting line up for a reason (not just injury).

Good luck but done nothing here to justify a start on a regular basis - very very poor recruitment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports