Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Albums 2022

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The new 'Guided By Voices ' long player is magnificent.

Probably one of the top 20 Robert Pollard albums ever.

That good.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Ghost's Impera is great: Epic, bombastic rock melded with ridiculously catchy pop tunes. It will catch the ear of people who don't really like metal etc, and will probably continue to piss off some grouchy greboes.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
A bit of a plug here. I have been following Deliluh for a while as I got to know one of the band members via a coffee shop I go to most mornings. In short they are (now) a duo originating from the Toronto DIY scene, have released a handful of albums including the rather excellent Beneath the Floors.

A recent tour with Squid has given them extra exposure and their new album, Fault Lines, is getting widely talked about and positive reviews. It's also been picked up for a Dinked release in the UK.

Here's what Resident have to say

I saw them at Green Man this year and they were fanstastic, they were actually recommended to me to by the squid lead singer himself at the festival. Really good post punk music, gave me a huge Slint vibe.

Ghost's Impera is great: Epic, bombastic rock melded with ridiculously catchy pop tunes. It will catch the ear of people who don't really like metal etc, and will probably continue to piss off some grouchy greboes.

The kind of "trve metal" type of greebos who frequent metal facebook page comment sections and find any reason to slag off anything that doesn't sound "metal enough" to them will always find a reason to hate on Ghost. Many of them just can't comprehend that metal doesn't always have to sound like Slayer. And they are wrong.

Ghost didn't really click with me until Meliora, but I've loved the last three albums. Still think I prefer Prequelle after a few listens of Impera, but this is such a great statement of intent from them and puts them in a position to justify being a Download level headliner in the next two to three years. Says a lot about how great it is that in my metal discord we are picking out little bits of influence across the record, from Rush, Whitesnake, Van Halen and Def Leppard, to Europe and - as is always the case with Ghost - ABBA. Cannot wait for the O2 Arena show. Only time I've seen them previously was supporting Metallica at Twickenham and they were brilliant. The little snippets I've seen of their US run of shows have looked immense.

Impera will probably crack the top 10 of my AOTY list come December, but so far I'd only rank the Zeal & Ardor and Vein.fm albums above it in terms of what's been released this year. And 2022 already looks to be another stacked year for heavy releases with albums from Rammstein, Slipknot, Machine Head and so many other great bands across rock, metal and alternative in general on the way. I've racked up about 35 new albums/EPs already this year (know some people who are already in the 100s!) and I've got another 50 with confirmed release dates across the year pencilled in to check out. No doubt that number will continue to grow through the year as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The new Jenny Hval long player is damn fine.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
A bit of a plug here. I have been following Deliluh for a while as I got to know one of the band members via a coffee shop I go to most mornings. In short they are (now) a duo originating from the Toronto DIY scene, have released a handful of albums including the rather excellent Beneath the Floors.

A recent tour with Squid has given them extra exposure and their new album, Fault Lines, is getting widely talked about and positive reviews. It's also been picked up for a Dinked release in the UK.

Here's what Resident have to say

I can see why this would appeal to Nat at Resident. She loves some grim deep sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Two recently released tracks from Russia:
IC3PEAK - Dead But Pretty

The band have had run is with the authorities since 2019 when they filmed a video eating raw meat on the steps of Lenin's Mausoleum. Tours were disrupted by local authorities who either detained them preventing them from playing or getting the local nazi boot boys to turn up at the gig to attack the audience and/or the band.

Shortparis - Apple Orchard

The lead singer is in detention for attending an anti-war protest on the third day of the conflict.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Two recently released tracks from Russia:
IC3PEAK - Dead But Pretty

The band have had run is with the authorities since 2019 when they filmed a video eating raw meat on the steps of Lenin's Mausoleum. Tours were disrupted by local authorities who either detained them preventing them from playing or getting the local nazi boot boys to turn up at the gig to attack the audience and/or the band.

Shortparis - Apple Orchard

The lead singer is in detention for attending an anti-war protest on the third day of the conflict.

Strangely not invited to perform at Vlad’s stadium love in today.

That second track is haunting.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Could I give a shout out to ‘Spoon’. It won’t win album of the year but Lucifer is so enjoyable. It’s like a throw back to enjoyable 90s album.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here