Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] albion unfulfilled talents

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Not sure I get that. PW was excellent beyond words in the late 70s at Div 3 onwards for BHA. Loved every minute but Mark Lawrenson was clearly top league talent and did not disappoint when given the chance. Wardy, not sure if he ever was TOP class.

I take your point regarding Lawro. Yes he did ALWAYS exude top class talent. But you simply get more excited about forwards.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I take your point regarding Lawro. Yes he did ALWAYS exude top class talent. But you simply get more excited about forwards.

Sadly, not me. As an aspiring, semi decent centre-half as a kid all I watched was the grace of Lawro and as Mullery once put it 'I have never seen Beckenbauer play better than that'.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
At 25, he left us for the European Cup winners, in the days when squads were small enough, that you were never very far from the side. About 10 games a year for them over the next 3 years, and then off to America (and Canada?). INDOOR football for 3 years from 29-32, in CLEVELAND. He was so much better than that.

True - but perhaps he felt he'd already hit his peak with us. Although he obviously earned a good whack in the States from a footy point of view it can't have been that satisfying.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sergei Gotsmanov. My god I loved that man. I guess overall you couldn't describe his career as unfulfilled, being as he played for his country 34 times. But he burned so SO brightly for us before being poached by Southampton Reserves, and later disappearing without a trace back to Minsk and then Minnesota.

I was deeply resentful of Southampton for taking him from us and not even playing him. He could have been a club legend had he stayed.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Rate he's going he could even make it to 1st! Crazy to think he's still only 33.

Long odds he will beat Giggs but time will tell. Would be great if he did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here