Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] albion unfulfilled talents

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Alan Duffy never fulfilled his potential due to a liking beer and grub.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Could we include David Livermore? Was quite excited when we saw him (good pedigree at higher level than we were at the time) but it turned out he was shite.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Peter Smith. Very good first season. Exciting, attacking full-back and was awarded player of the season. Absolute rubbish for the next 4 seasons. It was almost like he forgot how to play the game. Probably lost his confidence and desire due to the off field problems.

One of the worst players I have seen play for the albion!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
how about this chap? Baring injury, would surely have been a regular in the premier league.

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 399

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
He wasn't Albion for long at all but I'd say that Abdul Razak is so far failing to deliver on what was seemingly a lot of potential.

He's still got plenty of time to sort it out but I find it hard to believe that the player I saw against Ipswich isn't now somewhere in the PL, playing regularly.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
One of the worst players I have seen play for the albion!

Having watched all bar 3 of our games at Gillingham, Smith would be no where near the top of my all time worst players list.
Someone else reckoned that Dean Saunders never fulfilled his potential. TBH we got him for nothing, made him into a decent goalscorer and just let him go off to Oxford for tuppence. On the basis that he was sold a few times for a million quid and played international football, I don't think he did too bad in his career.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Being from stockport i watched tunnicliffe a few times last season, he was that bad he retired from football end of the season! Just didn't look interested! And if he can't perform in the conference north then God help him

Really surprised about his demise.

We signed him in 2009 at the age of 21 and I though he looked like a good prospect.

Big centre half, comfortable on the ball and plenty of time to develop.

Real shame

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
Unless he learns to do more than just stand on his right foot I think Solly March could end up getting added to this list. God he's frustrating to watch at times!!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Absolutely not. No fishing going on here.

This thread is about players not FULFILLING their potential.

KLL is a good player, in fact one of my favourites. Has he developed as much as I would have hoped compared to when he burst on to the scene around 2010? Not for me.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Leon Knight top of this list, although he did it at the Albion.

Not many players in my life time who have really had much expected of them.

Michael Standing I guess could be seen as a talent that was never forefilled.

Sullivan and Martin both played for England Under 18s.

JFC may be a name on this list in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here