Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion ex-pats: are you heading back for the play-offs?

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Unpaid leave beckons, see what the school board says. Just had a baby so that could be used as an excuse visit to elderly grandparents and all that.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
A definite no for me, Shoudl be catching up with a couple of Brighton mates in Sydney for the first game. Might even catch up with the Seagulls downunder mob if they are up to anything.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Will definitely consider it, being self employed I can leave it to the last minute and get a standby cancellation thingy I hope.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
can't afford it......but went to our last two play off finals.....and something might pull me........would need a super cheap flight tho.

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
Finances are saying a definite "NO" at this current time. Shame. Saw all my mates having a jolly today via Facebook up at Elland Road. Was gutted to be honest not to be there. Anyway got a feeling we will make the final and then it's a coin toss. I've got four days off over the weekend of the play-off final so not too bad.

Party in Seattle if(when) we get to the final (assuming a bad coin toss and no one randomly giving out money for flights home)...

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
May be able to get back for the first leg but can't stay for the second. Will be back if we get to the final. Anyone know which channel over here is showing the playoffs?

BeIn Sport I would think, seeing as they had the Championship games this season. Can now get that channel on Verizon/FIOS which is a bonus - well at least in Northerrn Virginia it is now an add on channel.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
yes ...
a definite trip from germany for me
hoping to take in sussex v kent at horsham on the sunday
i booked the 27th march as holiday back in february
all we need now is to win the semi
and for me to get a ticket for wembley

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Had to come back in December and January for family reasons so cant manage another trip from Joburg but will be watching on Supersports3 (it had better be on). Will be in Nairobi on evening of 13th. Hoping I can see the game with a bottle or two of Tusker in hand.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Shame there can't be some kind of loyalty point 'concession' for those who are willing to fork out hundreds and travel half way round the globe to come over. (Cue mass OUTRAGE on NSC Message Board Powered by VBulletin).

A few years ago, when I lived in Greece, I had an argument with some fool on here when he said that people who moved away where not 'proper' fans.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
My wife pretty much ignored me for the best part of a month and all my family at home thought I was looney tune when I flew back for the weekend from Tokyo for the 2004 playoff final. I can't really afford it either this time but how often do these opportunities arise? I am going home if we get to the final to enjoy the game and see my A21 mates that have been to hell and back to support this fine club when we were staring into the non-league abyss. That is the end of it. I blame my father for all this for taking me to my first game back in 82 and he is not even a real footy fan. He just took me as a kid and I was hooked. I bust my arse working all the hours God sends for my wife and kids and this will be my little selfish reward. BRING IT ON!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
BarnTit SeaWeed ?

We will have to get the Portslade Muppets back together.

Long overdue, DKM - the Portslade Muppets would be a match for anyone on their day.

If Ken Livingstone Seagull makes it back for the Final, it's definitely Mai Tais all round.

For younger NSC readers, this is a guy who lives in Hawaii and makes a living writing cookbooks.

I think he still has less than 150 posts on NSC despite having been on the new version of NSC for 10 years this August (and the old one for longer).

Aloha to the hammock.

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Will be over if I can get a ticket to the Wembly final and if we get there, which of course we will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here