Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion chairman ready to spend to deliver Premier League dream....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Any chairman worth an ounce of salt would write in promotion and relegation clauses and not leave the club with a proverbial white elephant.

That's all very well but agents are entitled to turn round and reject such offers, especially if their client is in demand.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Not sure that's the way we'll do business in January. Wouldn't do us any favours to be that short sighted if we do go up

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
With Greer, Dunk, Hunemier and Goldson as central defenders there's no need to recruit another in the Jan window. Concentration should be on strengthening more vulnerable positions such as left back and wings, someone who could also step into play right back incase anything happens to Bruno would also be nice.

You were doing so well when discussing centre-backs, but then got on to right backs and starting talking about cover for Bruno. Can I offer Rosenoir, Goldson and Calderon? It's winger(s) and striker(s) that we need, and perhaps a left back (although with Calderon and Chicksen I'm not quite so worried if it is the case that Bong is back in a month, as he himself has suggested -- we've got four Championship games until New Years Day, and then there isn't another one until the 12th Jan, and even that fixture might be moved if we get a draw in the FA Cup).
Again, Tony's rich, but let's not spend all his money just yet. Concentrate on quality, not quantity.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure that's the way we'll do business in January. Wouldn't do us any favours to be that short sighted if we do go up

It would be a means to an end as the money would be available for strenthening in the summer. Both Palace and Bournemouth had to upgrade their grounds out of their promotion winnings but we have no need so all efforts and money can be put to squad strenthening. Providing we can keep Wilson our needs are another left back or versatile defender and a ball winning midfielder. plus VLP. plus of course the return of our injured players.

Feb 14, 2010
If so then first priority is two centre backs who know that you stay on your feet when you defend. Maybe pop down to Bournemouth and buy back the two defenders we gave them from our youth team?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
You were doing so well when discussing centre-backs, but then got on to right backs and starting talking about cover for Bruno. Can I offer Rosenoir, Goldson and Calderon?

Only concern with right back position is that Goldson's not a natural right back and it's a while until Rosenoirs back from injury. Obviously Calderon would be the natural choice, but would be pragmatic if one of the wingers brought was versatile enough to slot into the right back slot if things got drastic.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Only concern with right back position is that Goldson's not a natural right back and it's a while until Rosenoirs back from injury. Obviously Calderon would be the natural choice, but would be pragmatic if one of the wingers brought was versatile enough to slot into the right back slot if things got drastic.

I think Goldson's played right back a fair few times. He also normally plays on the right-side of a centre back pairing. There was one passage of play today where it showed that he wasn't used to playing left-side CB. He also made one glaring mistake, apart from that I think he did alright. I have high hopes for the lad.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I would sooner that we signed a left back and used Calderon as cover for right or left back as needed.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here