Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion chairman ready to spend to deliver Premier League dream....

Dec 29, 2011
Everything depends on the deal, as I imagine it does for TB. Loans with an option to buy if we're promoted, whatever. Reading have been heavily criticised for the Vydra loan signing at an exorbitant fee, but I'd have no problems with it if our Tone didn't. Speculate to accumulate but don't land yourself with an expensive liability if it all goes wrong.

Reading have lost their last 4... Vydra seems to have been a huge waste of money.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Reading have lost their last 4... Vydra seems to have been a huge waste of money.

Wilson is a much better loanee than Vydra would've been - and don't forget we've already signed Towell who I suspect is going to be a key player for us in the future.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I think we deffo need another top quality midfielder to ensure we dont lose that dynamism if/when Kayal/Stephens get an injury or suspension.

I would look at a left back obviously, and another attacking player of some sort, whether wide or central.... just someone who is a goal threat.

Fabregas as cover for Kayal/Stephens?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Thought they were getting away with it? Didn't they have losses of like £77m or something ridiculous?

The fine was supposed to be 52m or something like that. Last articles I can see about it were in August when they were reported as thinking that they had done a deal for about 8m in fines rather. But I have not seen anything else since then or an official announcement from the Football League. I am rather hoping that Paul Barber is telling them to do one in his capacity as FL director!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The fine was supposed to be 52m or something like that. Last articles I can see about it were in August when they were reported as thinking that they had done a deal for about 8m in fines rather. But I have not seen anything else since then or an official announcement from the Football League. I am rather hoping that Paul Barber is telling them to do one in his capacity as FL director!

This is from 14th October:
QPR do not expect to reach a settlement with the Football League over Financial Fair Play before the end of the year.

There has been speculation over the size of the fine likely to be imposed on the club for breaching FFP regulations during the 2013-14 season.

There have been reports that Rangers face a fine of more than £50m and, more recently, that a much smaller figure has been agreed with the League.

However, QPR chief executive Lee Hoos has insisted that legal arguments are still ongoing and that the matter could yet be decided by a tribunal.

Hoos (pictured top-right above) said: “The ongoing FFP process continues with the Football League. If it can be resolved, great, we’ll resolve it outside of a tribunal. If not then we continue on towards a tribunal.

“We’re still in the pleading stages. We [the club and the Football League] have each stated what our [legal] arguments would be and we’re still in the process of collating witness statements, testimonies and things like that.

“I’m not in a position to say more because it’s an ongoing legal proceeding. But I can’t see it [being resolved] this side of Christmas.”

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-qpr-unlikely-to-discover-ffp-fate

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Leicester City flying high and are sitting top of the Premier League table, but will they be derailed by FFP regulations?

Premier League leaders have not yet been cleared of breaching Financial Fair Play regulations from their Championship-winning season

They are the feel-good story of the footballing year, the club whose fairy-tale climb to the top of the Premier League has helped make this one of the most thrilling seasons in recent memory.
Yet, there is a huge unanswered question about Leicester City’s extraordinary metamorphosis into title contenders, which is: did they cheat their way there?

For, what has been forgotten amid the greatest of escapes from relegation last season and the Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez-inspired glory charge this term is that Leicester have yet to be cleared of breaching the Football League’s Financial Fair Play regulations.

Indeed, Inside Sport has learnt that the league and club are still in “ongoing discussions” with regards to their accounts for their Championship-winning season in 2013-14, when they lost £20.8 million under rules which permitted a loss of only £8m plus exempt expenditure.

Upon announcing their financial results more than nine months ago – shortly before they began their astonishing march to Premier League safety – Leicester confidently proclaimed their accounts were in compliance with the league’s FFP regulations.

However, it quickly emerged that they had spoken too soon, with the league refusing to give them the all clear and lift the threat of a multi-million-pound fine.

The fact this remains the case more than a year after Leicester first submitted their accounts for inspection suggests convincing the league that they played within the rules has proven far from straightforward.

It is understood the club is expected to make final submissions on the matter in the new year, with the major point of contention centred on what they described in March as revenue secured from “a long-term international marketing and licensing deal with Trestellar Limited”. The deal helped boost Leicester’s income by almost 60 per cent from £19.6m in 2013 to £31.2m 12 months later.

Trestellar was set up almost three years ago, with the nature of its business listed by Companies House as being “management consultancy activities other than financial management”.

The firm’s address is listed as a small business park in Sheffield, and back in March, it did not have its own website or telephone number.

Attempts on Wednesday by Inside Sport to ascertain whether that had changed proved fruitless.

According to Companies House records, one of Trestellar’s two directors is David Richards, the son of former Premier League chairman Sir Dave Richards.

Richards snr, a friend of Leicester’s Thai owner, Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, is also listed as having been a director for four days in March 2013.

Richards jnr and his sister Lisa were recorded as the firm’s sole shareholders in Trestellar’s most recent annual return.

He could not be reached for comment on Wednesday on the services the firm provided to Leicester, having previous declined to discuss it earlier this year.

Leicester declined to comment, having said back in March that they had selected Trestellar to market the club internationally in January last year following an extensive tender process.
They also said at the time that they expected a swift resolution to their discussions with the Football league over their FFP “compliant” accounts.

The lengthy delay also raises more questions about the league’s ability to enforce its own rules, which have already been called into question by Queen Park Rangers’ legal action to avoid paying an FFP fine of up to £58m.

Leicester could be pursued for anything between a few million pounds to £20m if found guilty of breaching the same regulations, which were changed a year ago to harmonise them with the Premier League’s less stringent cost-control measures.

With Manchester City having been fined for breaking Uefa’s FFP rules last year, it would be a shame to see the legitimacy of a second English title win called into question.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...will-they-be-derailed-by-FFP-regulations.html

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I find it hard to believe Mr Bloom has broken all his previous very guarded financial statements, by talking about 'splashing the cash'.

I can't help thinking the subtext here is 'deals are done and we're just waiting for the calendar to tick over'.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Hopefully with a lot of players returning from injury in Jan.... all we need is a couple of real quality loan signings...

As much as i am not a fan of loans its the right way to go for me, without totally blowing a hole in the chairmans pocket

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Fantastic to hear that sort of chat from our Chairman. Gives you a warm glow to think we now have someone in control whom you can trust. Thank you Mr Bloom.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
So who?

I quite like the look of the Newcastle central defender Mike Willliamson, although on high wages, but if Wolves could afford him, it could be possible?

Lookman of Charlton looks good.

A few others but they look unlikely to leave their parent clubs.

Will Buckley. now of Sunderland used to be a good player.

The age group of 25/26 is experienced enough to slot straight into the side, if need be. Younger players are for the future and we can be more selective.

A left sided midfielder/wing-back would help out on the left side, especially of he can do a stint at full back.

Last edited:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Just a reminder about FFP. Limit is raised to £13m from £6m last season. From 16/17 on it is still £13m but averaged over three years.

Albion were compliant last season despite losing £10.4m because there was evidently sufficient allowable costs on infrastructure and youth development. Logically must have been at least £4.2m of costs not included as FFP losses.

This means presumably that an additional £7m loss is permissible this season but there are no transfers out so far, so not sure TB has quite as much cash to splash as would be required for more than 1/2 players.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I find it hard to believe Mr Bloom has broken all his previous very guarded financial statements, by talking about 'splashing the cash'.

I can't help thinking the subtext here is 'deals are done and we're just waiting for the calendar to tick over'.

I thought this as well. Something, somewhere has already been agreed 'in principle' I reckon. I also think we could all have several guesses each as to who they might be, and we still won't get it.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if we got some quality loans in with a view to permanent deals if we go up thus kick starting their careers again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here