Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion chairman ready to spend to deliver Premier League dream....

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
So who?

I quite like the look of the Newcastle central defender Mike Willliamson, although on high wages, but if Wolves could afford him, it could be possible?

Injured when recalled by Newcastle. If that was the calibre of player we are looking at I'd be seriously underwhelmed. Slow journeyman CB

Craven Wine

Apr 29, 2012
Not beyond the realms of possibilities that the money has already been partly spent.. Maybe the Calleri thread will grow!

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
So who?

I quite like the look of the Newcastle central defender Mike Willliamson, although on high wages, but if Wolves could afford him, it could be possible?

With Greer, Dunk, Hunemier and Goldson as central defenders there's no need to recruit another in the Jan window. Concentration should be on strengthening more vulnerable positions such as left back and wings, someone who could also step into play right back incase anything happens to Bruno would also be nice.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With Greer, Dunk, Hunemier and Goldson as central defenders there's no need to recruit another in the Jan window. Concentration should be on strengthening more vulnerable positions such as left back and wings, someone who could also step into play right back incase anything happens to Bruno would also be nice.

Another utility player like Liam Rosenior would fill the bill defensively and defensive midfield.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
So who?

Lookman of Charlton looks good.

A few others but they look unlikely to leave their parent clubs.

Will Buckley. now of Sunderland used to be a good player.

The age group of 25/26 is experienced enough to slot straight into the side, if need be. Younger players are for the future and we can be more selective.

A left sided midfielder/wing-back would help out on the left side, especially of he can do a stint at full back.
Will Buckley :lolol::lolol::lolol:
Christ old jelly hamstrings hasn't done jack shite for 3 years and you really think bloom is interested in him or bridcutt lol

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Just a reminder about FFP. Limit is raised to £13m from £6m last season. From 16/17 on it is still £13m but averaged over three years.

Albion were compliant last season despite losing £10.4m because there was evidently sufficient allowable costs on infrastructure and youth development. Logically must have been at least £4.2m of costs not included as FFP losses.

This means presumably that an additional £7m loss is permissible this season but there are no transfers out so far, so not sure TB has quite as much cash to splash as would be required for more than 1/2 players.

We do not really need many more than that. Besides, if they are of the quality of Kayal and the same price, we can afford at least 10 new players.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could the missing piece to the jigsaw up front be Peter Crouch is said to be unsettled at Stoke as he wants 1st team football at his age. QPR said to be interested if Austin leaves in January.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Could the missing piece to the jigsaw up front be Peter Crouch is said to be unsettled at Stoke as he wants 1st team football at his age. QPR said to be interested if Austin leaves in January.

Funny shaped jigsaw if he's the missing piece.

In answer to your question, no. We have enough players with no pace thanks.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Funny shaped jigsaw if he's the missing piece.

In answer to your question, no. We have enough players with no pace thanks.

My view is that he is an established goalscorer at all levels up to and including internationals and althougfh similar in play to BZ and Hemed he would put away more chances than those plus having 2 out of 3 target men and Baldock and Wilson for speed they would be a handful for any defenders in our division..

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
My view is that he is an established goalscorer at all levels up to and including internationals and althougfh similar in play to BZ and Hemed he would put away more chances than those plus having 2 out of 3 target men and Baldock and Wilson for speed they would be a handful for any defenders in our division..

Fortunately its not your decision!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
How match fit would he.be though and.has he been.scoring regularly

I reckon not very to both, it'd have disaster written all over it

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is only a suggestion for discussion and I am sure there will be many more between now and January. I would prefer a Jermain Defoe type player but cant think of any body who fits the bill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here