Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ajax - ticketing process, tiers and all that jazz

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I know it’s me, but when I log into my Albion account, exactly where can you view your points total? I expected it to jump out but every available link doesn’t seem to find/show either.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know it’s me, but when I log into my Albion account, exactly where can you view your points total? I expected it to jump out but every available link doesn’t seem to find/show either.
Should be obvious providing you are on the ‘tickets’ tab - doesn’t appear if you’re looking at ‘club’ or ‘shop’ tabs

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This may have been asked already - are there enough with 265+ points for the Ajax game to sell out tomorrow…I am in Tier 2 :down:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This may have been asked already - are there enough with 265+ points for the Ajax game to sell out tomorrow…I am in Tier 2 :down:
Everyone in Tier 1 is guaranteed a ticket if they want one and buy before Tier 2 opens.

Not everyone will want one, so there will be some - probably not too many - available when Tier 2 opens. So line up a few devices ahead of that window opening and just choose any seats at all when you get in. If you spend any time debating the best seats to go for, others will grab them and you may miss out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Everyone in Tier 1 is guaranteed a ticket if they want one and buy before Tier 2 opens.

Not everyone will want one, so there will be some - probably not too many - available when Tier 2 opens. So line up a few devices ahead of that window opening and just choose any seats at all when you get in. If you spend any time debating the best seats to go for, others will grab them and you may miss out.
We need three together just to complicate further :smile:

It will be what it will be though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Not EVERYONE in Tier 1 will want one, but most will - more so than any PL game - simply as for this game you are only in that group if you've actively engaged and pre-registered your interest. I guess anyone who knew they are unable to attend wouldn't have done so.

I'm tier 2 - scraped in by TWO points, but not optimistic.

But you never know...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not EVERYONE in Tier 1 will want one, but most will - more so than any PL game - simply as for this game you are only in that group if you've actively engaged and pre-registered your interest. I guess anyone who knew they are unable to attend wouldn't have done so.

I'm tier 2 - scraped in by TWO points, but not optimistic.

But you never know...
Your post is written like you disagree with me, yet you seem to completely agree with me!

Yep - Tier 2 is going to be a mad scramble and only a few will get lucky but, frankly, I assumed I had no chance of an Ajax ticket so I'm happy to at least have a shot.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Your post is written like you disagree with me, yet you seem to completely agree with me!

Yep - Tier 2 is going to be a mad scramble and only a few will get lucky but, frankly, I assumed I had no chance of an Ajax ticket so I'm happy to at least have a shot.
Indeed. Much the same.

Jimmy Grimble

I’m in tier 1 so it doesn’t affect me, but I really think the club should stagger the tiers more than they currently do.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I think as Marseille was the first one, short notice and an unknown process, a lot of people pre-registered just to keep their options open, to decide later. Then didn't buy for whatever reason (cost, safety concerns, change of plans etc).

I don't think there will be many dropping out for Ajax though. The people who pre-registered for that will have had more idea of what's involved now, there are more travel options including a seagull travel one, and everyone's up for Ajax. I think the tiers will be a more accurate indication of demand as things progress.

There will be a few going down to tier 2 but I'd guess not many. (I may be wrong, I was surprised at how slowly the Marseille ones went.)

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I believe the points levels will be as of last Monday, despite the tickets not being on sale for a few weeks. No chance to top up now if you were a few short.
Doesn't affect me directly, but this is causing some confusion in our group. I'm sure the implication of earlier comms was that the cut off for accruing points towards Europa League away games was the Man Utd game. From yesterday's announcement, it's really not clear whether the points requirements reflect that implied cut-off date or also include points accured up to and including last night.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’m in tier 1 so it doesn’t affect me, but I really think the club should stagger the tiers more than they currently do.
My guess would be the club found that a lot of those in Tier 1 for Marseille waited and bought in Tier 2 with friends/family that had fewer points than them.

So, for Ajax, they've used a single "guaranteed a seat" Tier 1 so that doesn't need to happen.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't think there will be many dropping out for Ajax though. The people who pre-registered for that will have had more idea of what's involved now, there are more travel options including a seagull travel one, and everyone's up for Ajax. I think the tiers will be a more accurate indication of demand as things progress.
Whilst I broadly agree, those who held off on travel plans until they knew they had a ticket, or were guaranteed to get a ticket, will find there may not be as many options as they hoped, at least inexpensive ones, and that could see some of those who expected to travel deciding not to do so.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Just got an email saying they gave me the wrong on-sale date! Panicked! Then realised they were just correcting their '29th October' error mentioned earlier :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here