Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ajax - ticketing process, tiers and all that jazz

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not fans, Borussia Dortmund themselves said that to their fans.

They basically said "if you get there and someone's in your seat - go and find another one somewhere else".
Yep. No guarantee we will though. The club have pointed out it's a very steep rake with 70 steps up and the front ten rows are RV. We're also taking our own stewards. There are good seats and bad seats and people will book accordingly.

That said, I'm expecting a party atmosphere. And, let's just say I had someone who had booked a single to be near a group on the other side of me then I'd move along as soon as it was pointed out and so would most Albion.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I’m coming at it more from the angle that it’s harsh on those who are on 264, as they thrown in to compete with those on 221. That’s a pretty big gap. I know the line has to be drawn somewhere, but would it not be more fair to stagger it with more tiers something like:

Tier 1 - 265+
Tier 2 - 250-264
Tier 3 - 235-249
Tier 4 -220-234

Could perhaps be separated by a few hours for each slot.
I can see why this might be fairer as a fan, but the logistics of administering several slots per day might be prohibitive. And might save the club money to make tier 2 big enough that any remaining tickets are expected to go, and they won't need to service more windows.

Also shorter slots could cause problems for people with work & other commitments, or who can't get online at the exact time etc. The timings need to be wide enough to give everyone a reasonable chance to get it sorted within their own tier.

I think however they do it, there will be some happy and some disappointed - but I do believe they try their best to make it fair, and are making those decisions based on knowledge / experience / modelling that most of us on here don't have.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Should be obvious providing you are on the ‘tickets’ tab - doesn’t appear if you’re looking at ‘club’ or ‘shop’ tabs
Bottom right of the screen. Or go into account details

Should be obvious providing you are on the ‘tickets’ tab - doesn’t appear if you’re looking at ‘club’ or ‘shop’ tabs
Thanks guys, viewing from my mobile it’s a little grey pop up at bottom that hardly screams for your attention, and is almost camouflaged by other screen stuff behind it as you scroll. I was looking throughout my profile and associated fields where thought logically it would be. Anyway, cheers.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yep. No guarantee we will though. The club have pointed out it's a very steep rake with 70 steps up and the front ten rows are RV. We're also taking our own stewards. There are good seats and bad seats and people will book accordingly.

That said, I'm expecting a party atmosphere. And, let's just say I had someone who had booked a single to be near a group on the other side of me then I'd move along as soon as it was pointed out and so would most Albion.
Oh, I'd say there's absolutely no chance of Albion saying "Don't worry what's printed on your ticket - just sit wherever you want".

I was just correcting the point that it wasn't some fans who said "sit where you want", it was a club through official comms.

Seat-hogging shouldn't be too much of a problem for this game as 80%+ of the tickets are likely to sell in Tier 1 to those who can buy seats with those they wish to be with.

Jimmy Grimble

I can see why this might be fairer as a fan, but the logistics of administering several slots per day might be prohibitive. And might save the club money to make tier 2 big enough that any remaining tickets are expected to go, and they won't need to service more windows.

Also shorter slots could cause problems for people with work & other commitments, or who can't get online at the exact time etc. The timings need to be wide enough to give everyone a reasonable chance to get it sorted within their own tier.

I think however they do it, there will be some happy and some disappointed - but I do believe they try their best to make it fair, and are making those decisions based on knowledge / experience / modelling that most of us on here don't have.
You’re probably correct. Though thinking about it, they could probably give each tier half a day or a full day to purchase, and take it from some of the time tier 1 are being given.

I just think it’s unfair on those who are so close to the tier 1 threshold to be bracketed with those much lower than them. Likewise those who are on 219 points being grouped in with all season ticket holders!

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
It’s age old this “sit where you want” and although I’ve endured it numerous times my most memorable was that freezing cold Peter Shilton match at Orient.
I don’t like confrontation these days but I sat somewhere because someone was in my seat because someone was in their seat because someone was in their seat because someone etc etc… and we all got on fine so far however the (late arriving) geezer who’s seat I was in insisted he was sitting there and told me I had to move, I stood my ground or more to the point, sat, and in the end said listen mate, will you f*** off and leave me alone.
It was totally unnecessary and could have been avoided.
Me and the boy tend to get in early these days to get “my spot”

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You’re probably correct. Though thinking about it, they could probably give each tier half a day or a full day to purchase, and take it from some of the time tier 1 are being given.

I just think it’s unfair on those who are so close to the tier 1 threshold to be bracketed with those much lower than them. Likewise those who are on 219 points being grouped in with all season ticket holders!
It essentially gives those with the most devices, fastest broadband and no other commitments at the on-sale time the best chance.......not sure there's a workable alternative though (narrowing T2 would make sense though - without knowing how many are in it of course - could be a small number)

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Oh, I'd say there's absolutely no chance of Albion saying "Don't worry what's printed on your ticket - just sit wherever you want".

I was just correcting the point that it wasn't some fans who said "sit where you want", it was a club through official comms.

Seat-hogging shouldn't be too much of a problem for this game as 80%+ of the tickets are likely to sell in Tier 1 to those who can buy seats with those they wish to be with.
Also sit where you want in general usually requires less than 85% of the capacity available to work effectively due to hidden gaps etc. There is a long (and boring) mathematical and human behaviour analysis on this stuff that was produced by the norman chester institute when guiding clubs on unallocated seating

Maybe germans are just more organised. Anyone who has visited a beerhall in munich can see how well they use space

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

Can i just point out it was you in post 14 that started all this!
If i get to the game and some coked up youth is sitting in the seat i have paid good money for i know who i will blame. Particularly if when asked politely to move the first thing he says is "but bozza said it was sit where you like"! ;)
I would have thought that you of all people would have known the danger of a speculative post like no 14.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Can't wait for that binfest with people sitting where they want :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, if I’ve smoking doobies all afternoon and someone’s in my seat at the front and the only other seat is at the top of Mount Everest, I’m gonna laugh my b*******s off.
. :smokin:

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
BA seem to have released more flights or reduced their prices. From Heathrow not Gatwick, you can go Thursday & come back Friday for about £160pp - basic price no hold luggage.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I’m turning NSC off till Sunday night, I’m up and down like a feckin yo yo. Someone implies sales will be slower than expected like Marseille so I’m up there, then someone else’s post reckons the Monday morning mob will be fighting it out for half a dozen tickets then i’m lower than the morale in Sheffield Uniteds changing room

🤣

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
My son is in Tier 2, me in Tier 3.

We can't go together, can we?

Please give me hope. Someone. Anyone.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
My son is in Tier 2, me in Tier 3.