Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ajax - Amsterdam

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
It's a Dutch domestic football incident. It won't change anything in regards to their Europa League games.
But what happens if they shut their stadium for a designated number of games?

Would it apply to all competitions?

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Did anyone else catch the game? I took in the opening half-hour before our KO and recorded the rest on Fubo -- it was De Klassieker, after all. I watched the rest after our result, and Ajax was, to put it bluntly, woeful. Feyernoord could easily have been up 5 or 6 nil at halftime. Just abominable on their part. If the Albion players learn from the AEK match, they'll have no trouble dispatching Ajax at home and away.

I've taped Le Classique, PSG-Marseille, too, but yet to watch the game. However, the result -- 4-0 in favour of PSG -- tells me that our chances of getting out of the group are pretty darn good if we can just get rid of European beginners' jitters and figure out how to break the low block that the other 3 teams will doubtless deploy. Here's hoping that RDZ will have partially solved that problem after watching us lose to WH and AEK.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Did anyone else catch the game? I took in the opening half-hour before our KO and recorded the rest on Fubo -- it was De Klassieker, after all. I watched the rest after our result, and Ajax was, to put it bluntly, woeful. Feyernoord could easily have been up 5 or 6 nil at halftime. Just abominable on their part. If the Albion players learn from the AEK match, they'll have no trouble dispatching Ajax at home and away.

I've taped Le Classique, PSG-Marseille, too, but yet to watch the game. However, the result -- 4-0 in favour of PSG -- tells me that our chances of getting out of the group are pretty darned good if we can just get rid of European beginners' jitters and figure out hoe to break the low block that the other 3 teams will doubtless deploy. Here's hoping that RDZ will have partially solved that problem after watching us lose to WH and AEK.

Been telling people for a while on here Ajax and Marseille are both woeful and in dissaray. This is one of the worst Ajax sides ever and the whole club seems rotten and corrupt from top to bottom. They have just done a mini Chelsea and spent 110m on absolute garbage and given them 6 year contracts.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Ajax v Feyenoord match to be completed on Wednesday 2pm behind closed doors.

I guess by using the word “completed” it means they will resume at 56 mins with Feyenoord 3 up ?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Ajax v Feyenoord match to be completed on Wednesday 2pm behind closed doors.

I guess by using the word “completed” it means they will resume at 56 mins with Feyenoord 3 up ?
Absolutely no doubt at all - they wouldn't re-start that given the circumstances of the interruption. Crazy how mental the Ajax fans are. There's passion, and there's CJTC'ery and they're clearly in the final category. They need to settle down and behave. Clearly their fanbase is a bunch of spoiled brats who think they should be winning every game despite flogging entire teams at a time and not giving a great deal of thought into the regeneration.

Bear in mind this was also a set of fans who were quick to criticise football genius Joel Veltman when we signed him. They're obviously clueless.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Absolutely no doubt at all - they wouldn't re-start that given the circumstances of the interruption. Crazy how mental the Ajax fans are. There's passion, and there's CJTC'ery and they're clearly in the final category. They need to settle down and behave. Clearly their fanbase is a bunch of spoiled brats who think they should be winning every game despite flogging entire teams at a time and not giving a great deal of thought into the regeneration.

Bear in mind this was also a set of fans who were quick to criticise football genius Joel Veltman when we signed him. They're obviously clueless.
They absolutely are. Being surrounded by Ajax fans every day can become very tiresome. Don't get me started on their love for Barcelona (who never think of Ajax at all). They're having a bad start this year and you'd think the world had ended, it's EVERYWHERE in the media here.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
They absolutely are. Being surrounded by Ajax fans every day can become very tiresome. Don't get me started on their love for Barcelona (who never think of Ajax at all). They're having a bad start this year and you'd think the world had ended, it's EVERYWHERE in the media here.
Is it similar to the media outpouring of grief over the failure of Man Utd?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Both Ajax and Marseille are seemingly imploding. Severe tension amongst their respective supporters towards their clubs.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Shame that Uefa and the relevant national associations don't force these clubs to go down the route of excluding the groups that are causing these problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here