Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ajax - Amsterdam

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I haven't made any Amsterdam arrangements yet for either transport or accommodation.
I'm planning on going without an official Albion ticket due to being ST with low points.

If anyone has a space due to someone dropping out, send me a PM.

At my last reckoning it's going to cost approx £700 if I do it on my own as a single.
Train to airport £40, Return flights £280, 2 nights bed £200, Re-sale ticket £180.

If I could reduce that total a bit it would be helpful.
Re-sale tickets cheaper here: https://seatpick.com/afc-ajax-vs-brighton-europa-league-tickets/event/268533

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Any sections to avoid here..... not been to this stadium before.
Sorry, I've no idea - my research hasn't gone that far yet.

My one visit was for my stag do nearly 25 years ago and, for various reasons, it's all a bit of a blur!

huzzah

Sep 8, 2023
Any sections to avoid here..... not been to this stadium before.
Long time listener, First time caller.
I live in the Netherlands, so, I have managed to get a ticket in the home end, and will thus be keeping my mouth shut, every time we score.
I used to go to the Arena a lot in the mid 2000's.
The F-Side (which is where I will be sitting above) is the north stand equivalent (vak 125-129) - fervent, and would avoid as an away supporter.
north east corner (away are north west upper) used to make a lot of noise too.
I always used to sit upper tier around the half way line and there it is civilised.

huzzah

Sep 8, 2023
I searched on Marktplaats.nl. which is the dutch ebay (actually owned by ebay)
I had one person cancel my bid, (I guess my bad dutch translations from google translate were too bad), however the second attempt worked for me.

if you are buying them from dutchies, then you will probably have to install the Ajax app on your phone, so they can transfer them to you.
you will also need to identify yourself on the app (driving licence, passport or id card). I have a dutch driving licence, so I don't think it would flag me as a potential foreign supporter (my ticket say home support only).
not sure how it would work for those from abroad.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I live in the Netherlands, so, I have managed to get a ticket in the home end, and will thus be keeping my mouth shut, every time we score.
The F-Side (which is where I will be sitting above) is the north stand equivalent (vak 125-129) - fervent, and would avoid as an away supporter.
I always used to sit upper tier around the half way line and there it is civilised.
Section 414?

huzzah

Sep 8, 2023
Section 414?
that's right next to the away fans, from what I remember back then, 20 years ago, it was ok, but I never sat there, so can't give first hand experience.

(once sat next to the F-Side and once in north east corner, and there the atmosphere is much more bouncy - though was sitting with my boss who was a Groningen fan and he thought is sensible to sit on his hands when they scored)

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London

My mate who's from Amsterdam and an Ajax fan said the same

"Keep away forn the 125 t/m 129 part. Those are the diehard ajax supporter parts"

My mate sits in 409 and has offered me a ticket there if I can't get one from the club.

huzzah

Sep 8, 2023
The real reason I am breaking my 10 year lurking silence, is that, as I won't be able to celebrate during the game, I want to be around other people who are happy for our victory!
Are there any plans for meeting up before and after the game?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
My mate who's from Amsterdam and an Ajax fan said the same

"Keep away forn the 125 t/m 129 part. Those are the diehard ajax supporter parts"

My mate sits in 409 and has offered me a ticket there if I can't get one from the club.
I processed an 89 euro ticket on stubhub... section 414.... price went to 133 euro with fees..and dire warnings of away fans in home sections.... Sheesh... decided to wait

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
The real reason I am breaking my 10 year lurking silence, is that, as I won't be able to celebrate during the game, I want to be around other people who are happy for our victory!
There will be plans... nearer the time,.. big enough and safe enough... looking forward to it, I have travel booked, but don't hold out much hope of a ticket to be honest.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Few of us living in NL here. Have a whatsapp group with some driving over regularly for games, send me a PM if you want to connect with some more here. We're based all over.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I’m guessing in the centre. The Red side

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I searched on Marktplaats.nl. which is the dutch ebay (actually owned by ebay)
I had one person cancel my bid, (I guess my bad dutch translations from google translate were too bad), however the second attempt worked for me.

if you are buying them from dutchies, then you will probably have to install the Ajax app on your phone, so they can transfer them to you.
you will also need to identify yourself on the app (driving licence, passport or id card). I have a dutch driving licence, so I don't think it would flag me as a potential foreign supporter (my ticket say home support only).
not sure how it would work for those from abroad.
Would also say with this most will use Tikkie or a betaalverzoek so payment will not be easy for people on here. I suspect most won't be comfortable with a international payment (which also wouldn't be smart for someone here as Marktplaats is known sometimes for scams).

huzzah

Sep 8, 2023
There will be plans... nearer the time,.. big enough and safe enough... looking forward to it, I have travel booked, but don't hold out much hope of a ticket to be honest.
I have only 15 points (I try and get to a game or two when I am visiting family) so I had no chance of a ticket, so I have become what I despise, an away fan in the home end.
The chance of seeing Brighton play in the place that I consider home (even though I have not lived there for 3 years) was too much and I became the hypocrite.
I have taken the next day off work and intend to not remember the end of the night.
I am booked to Athens without a ticket, to just soak up the atmosphere.

huzzah

Sep 8, 2023
Would also say with this most will use Tikkie or a betaalverzoek so payment will not be easy for people on here. I suspect most won't be comfortable with a international payment (which also wouldn't be smart for someone here as Marktplaats is known sometimes for scams).
yeah, I forgot about that, I used Ideal and that's not very international. but I think you can use paypal (as it is owned by ebay) on there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here