Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK Post Game Leaving

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I imagine @jackalbion could elaborate, but I suspect the "a few trains lined up" option also fails when it gets to the "where the hell do they all park when they get to Brighton" bit.
In theory I believe you could use 6 of the 8 platforms at Brighton (not 1 & 2)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Trains crap after , long long queues way more than how it used to be . Similar pre game Brighton where you need to leave 2 hours before kick off now

Slightly less Dogshit than it has been but still not as good as used to be

New beer machines ok until they broke . Ran out of food hour before kick off

Shambles continues

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
In theory I believe you could use 6 of the 8 platforms at Brighton (not 1 & 2)
Of course in theory, but that’s not factoring in any other routes. On the Liverpool game Lovers Walk is closed, so Brighton is being used as a glorified train park.

• Wow
Reactions: A1X

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I looked at the Seagulls Travel website after you recommended it for the Marseille game. It also says 10.15 departure. Given the stories about coach delays after the game on here we aren’t going to risk it.
They were delayed to let people get back to the buses after 13 mins added time.

Do you expect them to leave half empty ??

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
They were delayed to let people get back to the buses after 13 mins added time.

Do you expect them to leave half empty ??
No, you have completely misunderstood my post. I was talking about coaches being delayed leaving the coach park even once full. I don’t expect anything. All things considered we will probably just leave the game a little early. We have a long drive. Thank you for the lovely tone of your post. Night night.

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
Lovely change of pace going to Pyecombe today. A few goats, some tractors milling about and four double deckers and a bus waiting.
After queuing for 45 minutes, to get the bus back to the racecourse, when we got there 3 blokes in front of us got off the bus and realised that they weren't at The Equestrian Centre...

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Interesting to read the knowledgeable Jackalbion comments. But how nice it would be if the club who have contracts with these people including P&R showed some concern about travel situation
I agree it needs to change, but I’m not sure how it can in the short term, the bus situation is concerning not just in a football club perspective.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
After queuing for 45 minutes, to get the bus back to the racecourse, when we got there 3 blokes in front of us got off the bus and realised that they weren't at The Equestrian Centre...
To be fair, we asked the driver where the pick up was (they dropped us next to the uni buildings up the ramp from the North Stand) and they said they 'assumed' it was in the same place and fortunately it was.

Ran (I hobbled as I'm currently gout-stricken) out on FT with the boy to the club shop, finally got our shirts printed, walked up the ramp and the bus was there waiting for us to hop on. Wish it could be like that every week!

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
The trains up to last season were gradually improving, queues going back to Brighton if you had a drink or two on the concourse and wandered down were shortish and sometimes if lucky non-existent.
Thursday there were massive queues, made worse but not letting people queue under cover of the bridge when it was bucketing down.
Today it was a complete joke we waited half an hour after full time and the queues were like they were in
the early days at the Amex. I gave up and got a bus.
I keep on hearing we can’t do anything from Jackalbion but the situation is worse this season than last. Something has changed.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
The trains up to last season were gradually improving, queues going back to Brighton if you had a drink or two on the concourse and wandered down were shortish and sometimes if lucky non-existent.
Thursday there were massive queues, made worse but not letting people queue under cover of the bridge when it was bucketing down.
Today it was a complete joke we waited half an hour after full time and the queues were like they were in
I keep on hearing we can’t do anything from Jackalbion but the situation is worse this season than last. Something has changed.
The 313s being retired, that happened in May that has changed. There’s tender for a few extra units. I thought today was ok in my experience,

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
Agree with the second part. First part it’s just not possible with the amount of stock currently has without weakening services elsewhere. It’s a country wide problem but with the 313s and 455s now gone they are over 46 units down. The lease contract is with the government. Lewes platform 5 can only take 6 coaches as well, so you are limited on the length of the shuttle services. The problem being that all services don’t turn around at Lewes so there has to be a time where the 8 coaches are down in Eastbourne and Hastings. There’s more stock availability on the weekend, so trains are longer then.
Thanks for the info: it seems you know what you are talking about. I know there’s an issue with the length of the platform at Lewes, but it is still possible for people to walk through to get off. But my main observation is that yesterday was a weekend, yet all the Seaford trains were only 4 coach “Gatwick Express” stock. This had a clear influence on the length of the queues at Falmer an hour after full-time, which were dreadful.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Thanks for the info: it seems you know what you are talking about. I know there’s an issue with the length of the platform at Lewes, but it is still possible for people to walk through to get off. But my main observation is that yesterday was a weekend, yet all the Seaford trains were only 4 coach “Gatwick Express” stock. This had a clear influence on the length of the queues at Falmer an hour after full-time, which were dreadful.
Yes I did notice that not entirely sure why they weren't the usual 8, I can't remember where there were Engineering works yesterday which would have freed up stock.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Haven’t taken a bus to or from the Amex for years now. Are they still using tired old buses that appear to be on their last legs and require a very deep clean?

Jul 7, 2003
We headed off to the station about 4:45 p and usually we would walk onto a train that long after a game. The queues were still back past the No Alcohol line. With the gap in trains and delays it was looking unlikely we would be on a train for nearly 45 minutes so got the racecourse P&R and walked back from their via the Independent.

On the way in, it seemed like a mix of four and six car trains. One positive thing to say, the 13:38 was sent early from Brighton so we arrived at Falmer in plenty of time for kick off.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We headed off to the station about 4:45 p and usually we would walk onto a train that long after a game. The queues were still back past the No Alcohol line. With the gap in trains and delays it was looking unlikely we would be on a train for nearly 45 minutes so got the racecourse P&R and walked back from their via the Independent.

On the way in, it seemed like a mix of four and six car trains. One positive thing to say, the 13:38 was sent early from Brighton so we arrived at Falmer in plenty of time for kick off.
Same. Took one look at that crappily long train queue about 16:45 and headed off on the long walk to the reliable bus stop. Post-match train service is invariably abysmal nowadays. Reckon both the club and Southern have washed their hands of providing any kind of half-decent post-match service this season. It's like both parties are running down the clock til they don't have to provide any kind of service at all next season. Which is shameful

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Same. Took one look at that crappily long train queue about 16:45 and headed off on the long walk to the reliable bus stop. Post-match train service is invariably abysmal nowadays. Reckon both the club and Southern have washed their hands of providing any kind of half-decent post-match service this season. It's like both parties are running down the clock til they don't have to provide any kind of service at all next season. Which is shameful
Well I can tell you that isn’t true, there is still gonna have to be a service next season. Hopefully there’ll be an election after then and some of the problems can be alleviated.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well I can tell you that isn’t true, there is still gonna have to be a service next season. Hopefully there’ll be an election after then and some of the problems can be alleviated.
OK, now that I've got your attention, can you please ask your service planners to try and lay on something over and above some shitty little three carriage cattle-trucks for the Ajax game at the Amex. Just to give you a heads-up: It's on 26th October. It's a Thursday. There will be 30,000 people there. Ta :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here