Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK Post Game Leaving

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Behave. What's that even supposed to mean? Were we all expected to chip in? :rolleyes:
:) No, pretty good though isn’t it. Just a reminder that most fans are a lot worse off than us. It’s a reality check. If we had no investment and were shit we could be Tranmere. No transport worries there at all :sneaky:. There also won’t be any transport issues when we do go to shit and crowds drop to 15k. We are a victim of our own success.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
You were given a 30000 seat stadium for free, a football team good enough to compete with the best and heavily discounted season tickets. Perhaps you should pay for your own train ticket ?
I don't think it's the cost that irks people. As I've argued here before (not very persuasively, I recall), I'd happily pay for park and ride if that meant the buses were used by people actually using the parking, rather than the buses being overwhelmed by locals wanting a quick getaway from the stadium. I can't actually blame them for doing that but it's still annoying.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I don't think it's the cost that irks people. As I've argued here before (not very persuasively, I recall), I'd happily pay for park and ride if that meant the buses were used by people actually using the parking, rather than the buses being overwhelmed by locals wanting a quick getaway from the stadium. I can't actually blame them for doing that but it's still annoying.
The poster I replied to is always moaning about having to pay for stuff. You’re right though that everybody else is frustrated by the infrastructure capacity. I have just been saying that isn’t really in the control of the club to sort out and I’m not actually sure who should foot the bill for infrastructure when a local billionaire decides to build a new football ground.

SteveU

May 31, 2022
Why is seagulls travel so expensive. Have a stop pretty much opposite my house but the cost is daft

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why is seagulls travel so expensive. Have a stop pretty much opposite my house but the cost is daft
What would you have to pay, may I ask?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Just so that I'm clear, currently my nephews come to my house, park on my drive and we all walk round the corner to Mill Road P&R.

What you would like us to do is all drive to Mill Road, taking up three parking spaces on Mill Road. Have I understood this correctly ???

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
You were given a 30000 seat stadium for free, a football team good enough to compete with the best and heavily discounted season tickets. Perhaps you should pay for your own train ticket ?
Strange post. Did you expect us to contribute.. Like any club of course STs have to be discounted to attract a supporter to commit to 38 games. This was a guaranteed income that was essential for many years. As far as paying for train and assume also buses once the stadium was at Falmer the club knew they had to make it as easy as possible for supporters to get there. Hence the reason they added a % to STs to help pay for this. It would certainly be interesting watching staff at Falmer Brighton and Lewes stations check tickets. Fair enough if you think club handle transport issues well but I think there lack of communication on this is very poor. For a start if one week there has been a problem because there was a shortage of trains or buses we should be informed by the club not relying on info from jackalbion

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Just so that I'm clear, currently my nephews come to my house, park on my drive and we all walk round the corner to Mill Road P&R.

What you would like us to do is all drive to Mill Road, taking up three parking spaces on Mill Road. Have I understood this correctly ???
No, that's ludicrous.

You should be getting a bus into the city, to queue up with everyone at the station.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
That’s a new one🤣
For 12 years we’ve been told when we can leave, what we can sing, when we can boo. Now it’s how we can get to the ground!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Strange post. Did you expect us to contribute.. Like any club of course STs have to be discounted to attract a supporter to commit to 38 games. This was a guaranteed income that was essential for many years. As far as paying for train and assume also buses once the stadium was at Falmer the club knew they had to make it as easy as possible for supporters to get there. Hence the reason they added a % to STs to help pay for this. It would certainly be interesting watching staff at Falmer Brighton and Lewes stations check tickets. Fair enough if you think club handle transport issues well but I think there lack of communication on this is very poor. For a start if one week there has been a problem because there was a shortage of trains or buses we should be informed by the club not relying on info from jackalbionStrange post. Did you expect us to contribute.. Like any club of course STs have to be discounted to attract a supporter to commit to 38 games. This was a guaranteed income that was essential for many years. As far as paying for train and assume also buses once the stadium was at Falmer the club knew they had to make it as easy as possible for supporters to get there. Hence the reason they added a % to STs to help pay for this. It would certainly be interesting watching staff at Falmer Brighton and Lewes stations check tickets. Fair enough if you think club handle transport issues well but I think their lack of communication on this is very poor. For a start if one week there has been a problem because there was a shortage of trains or buses we should be informed by the club not relying on info from jackalbion
I (and most other people) went from never having got off at Falmer station in my life to using it once a fortnight in winter. Do you think the pennies raised that way are anything like what would be needed to pay for a major infrastructure building project ? And why should that be the demand when it wasn’t mentioned when we applied to build the ground ? At that time the only people saying the infrastructure wasn’t good enough were those opposed to the build on LDC. It seems odd that a lot of fans are coming out with the same lines.
As to communication. Nope, don’t give a shit. I would rather the club employed a new kid in the academy than some other PR person to give travel updates.

Jul 7, 2003
No subsidy, increased costs for coach hire, drivers and fuel. You are paying for convenience.

From Worthing, you could always get the 700 to Churchill Square and then a bus to the stadium if you want a free alternative but the journey will take many times longer.

SteveU

May 31, 2022
No subsidy, increased costs for coach hire, drivers and fuel. You are paying for convenience.

From Worthing, you could always get the 700 to Churchill Square and then a bus to the stadium if you want a free alternative but the journey will take many times longer.
Yes, I completely get that. ST would be so much easier but £40 return for me and my son.

I suppose it’s worth it to avoid the worst of the post match travel shambles.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
No, that's ludicrous.

You should be getting a bus into the city, to queue up with everyone at the station.
Yep the smug "p&r should be for parkers only", have no thought to the pain it is to get to the Amex by public transport from Dyke Road/Hove Park area! I don't live there btw (I come in from Kent).

Or otherwise, exactly as Watford Zero suggests, if they change it to parkers only, the locals would rightly drive up to Mill Road!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Oh dear!!

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023

It’s stretching the definition a bit but all sane people would still class your arrangement as park and ride. You know full well it’s not this sort of thing I’m highlighting.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Yes, I completely get that. ST would be so much easier but £40 return for me and my son.

I suppose it’s worth it to avoid the worst of the post match travel shambles.
I'm a big fan of that 700 bus to get to Worthing on a normal day, let alone a match day. Yes it does take longer, but they are frequent, get a bus to the Steine & grab it from there. I've never gone back to the train to Worthing since finding out about the 700 when a train was cancelled last minute. If you include the time walking to the station from London Road or Churchill Square then it's about the same but with less effort.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
£20.75 per person. It’s only Worthing to Brighton.
What would you have to pay, may I ask?
Like a lot of things in life you’re paying for peace of mind and reliability. I pay about £20 which is a lot but I pay it it to avoid being treated like a bloody animal in the queues for the train or the park and ride. It’s partly an age thing. I wouldn’t have given a toss when I was a kid with my mates but I’m of an age when I really hate the hassle of unreliable public transport. Horses for courses.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Like a lot of things in life you’re paying for peace of mind and reliability. I pay about £20 which is a lot but I pay it it to avoid being treated like a bloody animal in the queues for the train or the park and ride. It’s partly an age thing. I wouldn’t have given a toss when I was a kid with my mates but I’m of an age when I really hate the hassle of unreliable public transport. Horses for courses.
I agree. Comfort needed, comfort bought.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Horses you say

Now THERE's an idea...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here