Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Virgo definitely...............

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Never rated Virgo at all. Slow, little skill, can shoot and head the
ball but that's it.

I think this would be backward step if true which I doubt.

I don't totally agree with your assessment, but I've always found him hugely overrated too. Where would he play? Pointless acquisition (if true, which i doubt).

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Is Virgs on a free? He's out of contract...

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Well 365 days after your birth you turn one, then every following 365 days that figure increments by one. Virgo's mate must have repeated this process 40 times.

I hope this clears things up.

:laugh: well done Arthur

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
My best mate is 27...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We could do worse, beggars can't be choosers.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not quite convinced he's what we need myself, he fitted the bill for us at the time, but even though we're now a league lower than we were when Virgo was at his best, I actually think we're a better side, football wise, with stronger individual players.

When Virgo played in the Championship, we were a team on the slide, and even though we made it up through the play offs the next season, it never felt to me like it would be sustained. The current XI at least offers potential, and improved considerably last season from the one before.

I loved Virgo when he played for us, but try as I might, I can't see quite where he fits into the team this time round.

Just going to have to trust Adams on this one (if true), but I do hope he's not going down the path of recruiting all his old favourites, which would be a severe backward step if you ask me.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
When Virgo played in the Championship, we were a team on the slide, and even though we made it up through the play offs the next season, it never felt to me like it would be sustained.

He was our top scorer the following season and scored the critical goal against Ipswich that ensured our survival, ignoring the fact it was his cock up that put us one nil down. :D

I would welcome him back. There is always room for someone like Virgo in the team.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Captain ! FFS:rant:
I didn't have him down as Captain material last time he was here and can't see what's changed in him in the last 2/3 seasons.
Forster,Thomson,El-Abd & Elphick imo are far better candidates

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
May be I may be old and sentimental but I love it when players who went on to better things come back. I would like nothing better than Bobby Z come home when he's ready. Most players leaving here are on their way down so I would be delighted if Dan Harding and Dean Hammond found their way back here too. I reckon had Hammond stayed we'd have made the play offs.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
No, he's got one more year at Celtic I think, but they have told him he can go (again, I think). Also, there's no point in them sending him on a season long loan because at the end of that season he'll be on a free, meaning the possibility of them just making him available for free NOW isn't that ridiculous.

I still don't know how he's going to get in the team (unless we're selling Elphick or Lynch).

Cheers... thought he'd signed a three year rather than four...

Jimmy Grimble

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't get me wrong, he was a lovely guy, very passionate about the Albion and a 100% effort man.

If it's not costing us a bundle then fair do's, he might be useful to have around.

All I'm saying is, where does he fit in the current first team? He's only an emergency striker, lets be honest, and is certainly not going to displace Forster and Murray, while the central defence is sorted, as long as Lynch stays fit.

Virgo used to make me nervous as a full back, which only leaves a midfield role. His "whole-hearted" tackles might shake up a few opponents I suppose
:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here