Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Virgo definitely...............

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This is unbelievable... so much negativity about the potential return of a great player... I would welcome Virgo's return... as I posted some time ago, I believe he is more of an Adams-type of cb than Lynch, and would almost certainly be above him in the pecking order... IF he signs, then he will play at cb, hopefully alongside Elphick... while there is no doubting Lynch's talent, may I suggest that Virgo is a far more solid cb, great in the air, good on the ground, great tackler...

As for comparing the talentless El-Abd with Virgo, you are having a total giraffe... El'Abd is only good for cover, IMHO...

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
This is unbelievable... so much negativity about the potential return of a great player... I would welcome Virgo's return... as I posted some time ago, I believe he is more of an Adams-type of cb than Lynch, and would almost certainly be above him in the pecking order... IF he signs, then he will play at cb, hopefully alongside Elphick... while there is no doubting Lynch's talent, may I suggest that Virgo is a far more solid cb, great in the air, good on the ground, great tackler...

As for comparing the talentless El-Abd with Virgo, you are having a total giraffe... El'Abd is only good for cover, IMHO...

But Virgo rarely played centre back, mainly due to his positional play being poor.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If there's any truth in the £250k signing on fee, mentioned in the other thread, then this would be a terrible waste of money anyway.

And I say that as a big fan of AV.

That kind of money could be MUCH better spent.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
If there's any truth in the £250k signing on fee, mentioned in the other thread, then this would be a terrible waste of money anyway.

And I say that as a big fan of AV.

That kind of money could be MUCH better spent.
i have to agree with hans

i'd love to see virgs back and am sure he would be a great addition to the squad but if it's gonna cost that sort of money think it would be better spent on the midfield

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk
We don't really need him.. we done well to get 1.5 m for him
I saw him last season at col U.
And he didn't impress atall!
the only one of there players worth having a look at is Yeates IMO

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
But Virgo rarely played centre back, mainly due to his positional play being poor.

He rarely played CB becuase the Lardy Jocko needed a striker... a position in which Virgs played well...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I have said all along that our priority has to be a lb, followed by a creative central midfielder, but... if Virgo is on a free, with a signing on fee that is not ridiculous, we just have to try to seize the opportunity...

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
We don't really need him.. we done well to get 1.5 m for him
I saw him last season at col U.
And he didn't impress atall!
the only one of there players worth having a look at is Yeates IMO

Yeates has just failed a medical at Palarse. Dodgy Shoulder.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Any sane man can see that by August 9th we HAVE to have acquired a left-back and at least one central midfielder. As long as we do this, it doesn't drastically matter who else we sign. So, if we sign Virgo then great, we know he's a good player. The only way it becomes bad news, and I start moaning, is if we're spending money on him INSTEAD of the players we need more urgently. However, we won't know if that's the case for another six weeks, so relax chaps.

Agree with that, at the moment it looks like Virgo will come back at the expense of Joel Lynch as centre back.

Lynch will then be shifted to left back, unless Ruben French has a brilliant pre season with us and plays there instead

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
But in the play off season he played at right back, simply because in Butters, Cullip and Hinshlewood we had better central defenders.

... and didn't have a better right-back

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Virgo has been signed up as a guest tactics expert on the new football league show on C5. Always talks sense when I see him so looking forward to seeing his contribution and analysis of our side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here