Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Abdallah Sima

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I am, but haven’t decided on a logo.

I’m 30 mins from Lancing and have a day off, too late?

pg.jpg

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
It's options.

Welbeck injured, Maupay hopelessly low on confidence, there is no option other than diving show pony AC. Loss of form, injuries, suspensions defensive weaknesses of opposition that could be exploited.

You need options, we dont have them in attacking areas to the same degree we do in other areas, and whilst it's a cliche, goals win games.

Yeah yeah we want more goals from MF etc, but it's the attacking options that should be expected to deliver the bulk of what's needed imho..... MF and defender goals are great but should be deemed as good bonuses rather than relied upon because the attacking areas are not strong enough or with enough depth.

Nailed

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
So, he comes over and sees the Amex and the training ground, the surrounding Sussex countryside and maybe Brighton seafront.
Next thing, sorry lad we’re sending you to Stoke - good luck!
That’s gonna be harsh

Drive him via London Road and Lewes Road and he'll probably pay for his own cab up there.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Not scored in six games so far this season - looks like a typical Albion forward purchase!!!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Oh wow, how convenient Stoke eh....

Suppose it has nothing to do with him supporting Stoke does it....

Stoke it a shithole.

Why would the Albion’s recruitment and development strategy have anything to do with who one of the local sports journalist supports?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We are interested in bringing in a midfielder on loan to give him game time. Seems unlikely that one.

Haha I put the wrong link in

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Can only assume that another striker is being signed today. We are woefully short up front. Maupay who may or may not score goals required. Connelly who is not proven and Welbeck who may get injured at anytime. I like Potter but his comments about Zequiri are baffling. Says his best position is up front thru the middle but never played him there. Then plays him there against Cardiff. He scores so he sends him out on loan when we are short of strikers. He is expert on playing square pegs in round holes. Gross is the worst right wing back I have seen. moder is not a left wing back. We have one in the squad and then sends him out on loan. Trossard has been played all over the place and performs 1 in 5. The only players who play consistently are those in consistent positions. The central defenders and Bissouma. It won’t be long before Cucurella is being played anywhere else other than his best position. I like the idea of players being adaptable but play them in their best positions to get the best out of them but the Ziquri situation really was confusing as he is miles better than Connelly and would be as good as Maupay and Welbeck in my opinion if given a chance. Let’s hope we have a star striker coming in sometime today.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Can only assume that another striker is being signed today. We are woefully short up front. Maupay who may or may not score goals required. Connelly who is not proven and Welbeck who may get injured at anytime. I like Potter but his comments about Zequiri are baffling. Says his best position is up front thru the middle but never played him there. Then plays him there against Cardiff. He scores so he sends him out on loan when we are short of strikers. He is expert on playing square pegs in round holes. Gross is the worst right wing back I have seen. moder is not a left wing back. We have one in the squad and then sends him out on loan. Trossard has been played all over the place and performs 1 in 5. The only players who play consistently are those in consistent positions. The central defenders and Bissouma. It won’t be long before Cucurella is being played anywhere else other than his best position. I like the idea of players being adaptable but play them in their best positions to get the best out of them but the Ziquri situation really was confusing as he is miles better than Connelly and would be as good as Maupay and Welbeck in my opinion if given a chance. Let’s hope we have a star striker coming in sometime today.

Good summary, if we are left with 3 strikers and no one incoming that would be simply criminal

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A lot of comments on here may well be valid, but they really ought to be made AFTER the window has slammed shut.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Please, please do not loan Sima out. We are desperately short of strikers and should be looking to play him in the first team. He's reputed to be costing us £7M after all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here