Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Abdallah Sima

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Madness pay 7 million for him and loan him to Stoke leaving maupay and Welbeck who is a injury concern and a player that is not even championship standard in AC
Crazy what happens if we get injuries and no pressure on maupay for his place just don’t get it

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If he comes, who knows he moves on loan to Stoke or not. Its a rumour made by a Czech journalist and Naylor copied it, just like he copied the rumour about this player in the first place. It remains to be seen a) if this kiddo signs and b) if he goes on loan somewhere. Both are uncertain.

This aged poorly.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Stoke have mugged us right off there

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
They are clearly not considered developed enough for the first team.

But they have high potential.

I don't think it's ridiculous, I think it's sensible.
There is nothing wrong with that if we had cover at first team level which we don’t. Connolly and Welbeck are made of glass it’s all very strange.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

It is sensible… unless you only have three recognised strikers, one of whom is injury prone, another who has more scandals than PL goals in the past 12 months, leaving one who blows hot and cold.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
This aged poorly.

To be fair, even for the most optimistic fans of ours, this seems like a bit of a crazy move if there are no more incomings. I get the developing young players strategy, but with Welbeck's injury record and Maupay's up and down form, to spend £7m on a striker and immediately loan him out & not sign any more players is pretty balmy - hopefully this will change.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Clubs probable thinking, Fingers burnt with Locadia and to a extent Jahankbash, chucking this lad straight into the first team is a huge gamble, loaning him out to acclimatise him to the English game isn't such a bad idea, better to pay 7million and he turns out to be a dud than triple for the same result, if he shines for Stoke then great he's ready for the step up at a fraction of the going rate.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The only thing I can think is that Potter really likes Tolaj or Ferguson and think one or both are ready to step up and play PL football. And they are further ahead in their development than Zeqiri and Sima, despite being younger and neither having played league football of any note so far in their careers.

Either that or we genuinely are considering the old Virgo/Caulker centre-back up front experiment.

Welbeck, Maupay and Connolly? Seriously?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Surely there must be another striker coming in before the window closes? If not, this is madness, we sign strikers but not for the first team who are so fecking light on options. Madness I tell you!!

gnjd85

Sep 4, 2020

The thing is, surely a serious premier league team needs four people capable of playing as a striker for the first team. The 'first team' can be seen as some arbitrary thing that someone is ready for or not, but the reality is it that it really is, or should be, the players who we have who are most capable of playing. Sima may not be ready for what we think of as a key role in the premier league, but if he is one of the four best strikers at the club then he'd be in my first team squad. Strategy seems perfectly sensible if we have someone else to put into that fourth spot. If not, to me it means we're saying we have someone else more capable of taking that spot elsewhere on the books. Moder? Trossard? Ferguson? Emmerson? Doesn't really make sense to me.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The only thing I can think is that Potter really likes Tolaj or Ferguson and think one or both are ready to step up and play PL football. And they are further ahead in their development than Zeqiri and Sima, despite being younger and neither having played league football of any note so far in their careers.

Either that or we genuinely are considering the old Virgo/Caulker centre-back up front experiment.

Welbeck, Maupay and Connolly? Seriously?

Big Dan Burn might need to be used up top when he's back fit. It worked for Adam Virgo.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I don't know how TB, PB, DA and GP can even look at themselves in the mirror with this deal based on the wise words of the NSC headless chickens.

I mean look at the plug hole they have dragged us down over the last 10 years.

Or maybe they know what is best for the player and club?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Clubs probable thinking, Fingers burnt with Locadia and to a extent Jahankbash, chucking this lad straight into the first team is a huge gamble, loaning him out to acclimatise him to the English game isn't such a bad idea, better to pay 7million and he turns out to be a dud than triple for the same result, if he shines for Stoke then great he's ready for the step up at a fraction of the going rate.

But for it to be a gamble, there is a chance of risk Vs reward. Where is the risk when we have no other options? It's not like he'd be keeping two/three other quality options out of the team. We have three strikers at the club, one of whom has glass legs, one of whom has scored 5 PL goals ever and Maupay. I feel like I'm going mad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here