[Albion] Aaron Connolly - Premier League 2 Player of the Season

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Exactly. One person has demonstrated a good attitude and the other hasn't.

Attitude makes or breaks footballers, as we've seen in the past.

Besides, you're making up a back story here. Connolly has (infamously) gone through more than one girlfriend, bought a mansion and a brand new car, in the last year. I think he's doing okay.

A bit too okay in my opinion. It's clearly distracting him from his football.

This. Billy Bigbollocks will be fine.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Exactly. One person has demonstrated a good attitude and the other hasn't.

Attitude makes or breaks footballers, as we've seen in the past.

Besides, you're making up a back story here. Connolly has (infamously) gone through more than one girlfriend, bought a mansion and a brand new car, in the last year. I think he's doing okay.

A bit too okay in my opinion. It's clearly distracting him from his football.

You dont know him.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Most of you got wives or in lots of cases young kids and old-man-hobbies and stuff. This is a 20 year old guy (mostly, of course he breached it occasionally like most in that age did) locked up in his fancy fortress and the "I can live tomorrow... maybe" thing does sound nice in theory but helps very little when you're in it.

And he’s been involved with the club, he’s hardly locked up. ( apart from a few months in 2020 )
He goes to training with a squad of other young men, gets to use the all the facilities at the multi million pound training ground and has played or been in the squad on match days.
He may have a girlfriend, I honest don’t know.

Many on here have been stuck at a desk working from home, that’s if they are lucky enough to have employment.
Also our “old-man-hobbies” is going to watch football.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
My 19 year old daughter managed perfectly well during lockdown, she loves a party and doing things 19 year olds do and it frustrated her to lose a year of her teenage life. What she didn’t do was act like a **** she learned about Covid and protected herself and others.

There is no excuse for Connolly’s behaviour on this matter none.

How about if you had a 21yr old testosterone fuelled son earning £k's a week with girls probably throwing themselves at him trying to become a wag?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yes, one doing it right, and the other not. Inappropriate behaviour in a pandemic is not part of anybody's rights. "I decided the Covid restrictions didn't apply to me and acted like an over-privileged tool, but that's OK because I function differently" doesn't really cut it.

I guess you are referring to him having sex with someone?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
How about if you had a 21yr old testosterone fuelled son earning £k's a week with girls probably throwing themselves at him trying to become a wag?

I would be telling him to put in 100% effort and concentrate on his football career because a player the same age from the Swiss second division is currently getting picked before him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I guess you are referring to him having sex with someone?

I give up. You're going to argue this one until you're blue in the face, regardless of what anybody points out to you - you just won't be having it, so this discussion has become pointless. And no, I'm not just referring to him having sex with someone, and you know it.

That's it. No point carrying on now,

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
And he’s been involved with the club, he’s hardly locked up. ( apart from a few months in 2020 )
He goes to training with a squad of other young men, gets to use the all the facilities at the multi million pound training ground and has played or been in the squad on match days.
He may have a girlfriend, I honest don’t know.

Many on here have been stuck at a desk working from home, that’s if they are lucky enough to have employment.
Also our “old-man-hobbies” is going to watch football.

Looks like we are in a loop here where being a footballer and having and exisiting in a world with a lot of money automatically should make your life easy and happy. Unfortunately thats not how humans function, generally speaking. I could provde you with a long list of famous people with lots of money who struggled with the hardships of life.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I give up. You're going to argue this one until you're blue in the face, regardless of what anybody points out to you - you just won't be having it, so this discussion has become pointless. And no, I'm not just referring to him having sex with someone, and you know it.

That's it. No point carrying on now,

Just like you guys will keep doing all you can to justify your bullying of a 21 year old.

Indeed we are getting nowhere.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I would be telling him to put in 100% effort and concentrate on his football career because a player the same age from the Swiss second division is currently getting picked before him.

Not easy though as kids don't always listen? sometimes they have to make their own mistakes and learn from them?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Looks like we are in a loop here where being a footballer and having and exisiting in a world with a lot of money automatically should make your life easy and happy. Unfortunately thats not how humans function, generally speaking. I could provde you with a long list of famous people with lots of money who struggled with the hardships of life.

Is that why a published writer who can debate in his second language and holds numerous coaching badges has ended up effectively living in a squat?

I'm not sure you're the ideal life coach model.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I’m just pointing out he’s not stuck in on his own, he’s involved in football at a very well run club. I’m sure many of the squad are his friends and he’s with them most days.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
For me he's stalled; the last time he made me think his dip in form was a transient confidence loss and raised my eyebrows was Burnely away at the end of last season... that probably tells its own story.

I don't believe he's quite deserving of a place in the starting XI, nor do I believe he'll be happy not playing. A suitable loan, even abroad, might suit all parties. I don't support the crackpot theory that, by suggesting this, we're undermining him... I'd be delighted if he ripped up the form book and had a storming season away from the Albion and returned the player we all hoped he'd be.

He's a little too one dimensional right now, and like many before him who 'burst' onto the PL scene I think he's literally at a career crossroads.

As for his 'wild' antics during lockdown, it's not good but sadly inevitable given the money, the grandeur and the ego that these very young men have thrust upon them. He's clearly made mistakes, is he learning from them? I suspect this is the pivotal point, given our manager clearly determines this a measure of success on every (or any) level.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Is that why a published writer who can debate in his second language and holds numerous coaching badges has ended up effectively living in a squat?

I'm not sure you're the ideal life coach model.

You are obviously very observant, no wonder you treat introspection like you'd treat the plague.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
For me he's stalled; the last time he made me think his dip in form was a transient confidence loss and raised my eyebrows was Burnely away at the end of last season... that probably tells its own story.

I don't believe he's quite deserving of a place in the starting XI, nor do I believe he'll be happy not playing. A suitable loan, even abroad, might suit all parties. I don't support the crackpot theory that, by suggesting this, we're undermining him... I'd be delighted if he ripped up the form book and had a storming season away from the Albion and returned the player we all hoped he'd be.

He's a little too one dimensional right now, and like many before him who 'burst' onto the PL scene I think he's literally at a career crossroads.

As for his 'wild' antics during lockdown, it's not good but sadly inevitable given the money, the grandeur and the ego that these very young men have thrust upon them. He's clearly made mistakes, is he learning from them? I suspect this is the pivotal point, given our manager clearly determines this a measure of success on every (or any) level.

Spot on.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Hopefully I would of raised him correctly :shrug:
Funnily enough when I was 21 I was club DJ and had girls throwing themselves at me literally, yes I had fun and had it been a lock down I would like to think I would of had some self control.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Hopefully I would of raised him correctly :shrug:
Funnily enough when I was 21 I was club DJ and had girls throwing themselves at me literally, yes I had fun and had it been a lock down I would like to think I would of had some self control.

Doubt all of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports