Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - Premier League 2 Player of the Season

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Needs to show some leadership and emotional intelligence.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Far, far too early to suggest getting rid of him permanently (unless we got a stupid money bid which we simply aren't going to), give him minutes at a competitive level (Championship or a top flight league in Europe) and let him find some confidence and form. If he then has a terrible season there it's time to think about moving him on. But we can't just go around casting off young players every five minutes if we're serious about attracting youth talent, they aren't all going to be a Marcus Rashford and look world class from minute one.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There are a number of other indiscretions as well. But I guess, if Potter picks him, then he is infallible in your book.

Connolly is not infallible, Potter is not infallible, 50+ year old keyboard warrior moaning about the haircuts of some stranger 21 year old... definitely not infallible.

Aaron Connolly is a 21 year old man trying to make a life in very difficult circumstances while constantly being harrassed and stalked by a horde of wankers eager to point out his flaws and shortcomings, its probably not easy for him which is something very few seem to take into consideration.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Connolly is not infallible, Potter is not infallible, 50+ year old keyboard warrior moaning about the haircuts of some stranger 21 year old... definitely not infallible.

Aaron Connolly is a 21 year old man trying to make a life in very difficult circumstances while constantly being harrassed and stalked by a horde of wankers eager to point out his flaws and shortcomings, its probably not easy for him which is something very few seem to take into consideration.

Very difficult circumstances?
Please explain this comment.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Like the f##### rest of us, except he’s a PL footballer with money to burn :glare:

Not really like the rest of us no, he's been 20-21 over this pandemic. He is at a age where he should be out there gathering life experiences and building his life and future but had no natural environment to do that in. Money or no money.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
An ordinary player who could even struggle in Div 1 and 2. Very easy to defend against. Not going to get many through balls to run on to and very one footed

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not really like the rest of us no, he's been 20-21 over this pandemic. He is at a age where he should be out there gathering life experiences and building his life and future but had no natural environment to do that in. Money or no money.
So? He had to put his social life on hold for a year - although there was video evidence that he didn't put it on hold as much as the rest of us! We all had to put our lives on hold for a year - and most of us don't have as many years left as he has to make up for lost time!
Agree with quite a few of your posts, but you're way out on this one.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So? He had to put his social life on hold for a year - although there was video evidence that he didn't put it on hold as much as the rest of us! We all had to put our lives on hold for a year - and most of us don't have as many years left as he has to make up for lost time!
Agree with quite a few of your posts, but you're way out on this one.

Most of you got wives or in lots of cases young kids and old-man-hobbies and stuff. This is a 20 year old guy (mostly, of course he breached it occasionally like most in that age did) locked up in his fancy fortress and the "I can live tomorrow... maybe" thing does sound nice in theory but helps very little when you're in it.

Also unlike you and everyone else in here, hundreds or even thousands of people are not telling you how shite you are every time you are trying to do your job, which is the case with AC. It affects him like it would affect anyone. He's been bullied on social media and he's been bullied on here and it is frankly disgusting.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Most of you got wives or in lots of cases young kids and old-man-hobbies and stuff. This is a 20 year old guy (mostly, of course he breached it occasionally like most in that age did) locked up in his fancy fortress and the "I can live tomorrow... maybe" thing does sound nice in theory but helps very little when you're in it.

Also unlike you and everyone else in here, hundreds or even thousands of people are not telling you how shite you are every time you are trying to do your job, which is the case with AC. It affects him like it would affect anyone. He's been bullied on social media and he's been bullied on here and it is frankly disgusting.
Absolutely this. I really like Connolly and believe he will come good.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My 19 year old daughter managed perfectly well during lockdown, she loves a party and doing things 19 year olds do and it frustrated her to lose a year of her teenage life. What she didn’t do was act like a **** she learned about Covid and protected herself and others.

There is no excuse for Connolly’s behaviour on this matter none.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
My 19 year old daughter managed perfectly well during lockdown, she loves a party and doing things 19 year olds do and it frustrated her to lose a year of her teenage life. What she didn’t do was act like a **** she learned about Covid and protected herself and others.

There is no excuse for Connolly’s behaviour on this matter none.

Maybe Connolly and your daughter are different people functioning in different ways.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe Connolly and your daughter are different people functioning in different ways.

Yes, one doing it right, and the other not. Inappropriate behaviour in a pandemic is not part of anybody's rights. "I decided the Covid restrictions didn't apply to me and acted like an over-privileged tool, but that's OK because I function differently" doesn't really cut it.
Can't speak about social media 'cos I don't go near it, but I've seen no signs of him being bullied on NSC - criticised, certainly, but not bullied. Questioning how good (or not so good) he is as a PL striker, and criticising some inappropriate behavior in lockdown - that's not bullying.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here