Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - Premier League 2 Player of the Season

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
not good enough tonight but why play him left wing back shocking by Potter

He should just be grateful he got on ahead of Zeqiri.

zamora the merrier

Mar 1, 2009
Doesn't look PL standard to except for THAT match. For all of Maupay's failing he works exceptionally hard for the team and makes a nuisance of himself. I will be disappointed if he is one of our attacking options next season

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I might be wrong but I think him believing he is already a wonder kid is more of an issue

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

As someone else has said, he has more haircuts than goals - and in a lockdown - so that should be some type of warning sign on attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Needs a season loan to a Championship team next year

Yup. Should have been what happened this season, so it's a bit frustrating that here we are still needing to do that with him next season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Seems he needs to mature both on and off the pitch.

I’ve actually been really impressed with his all round game but he should have 8 - 10 goals as a bit part striker. Some of the chances he has missed have been catastrophic.

If Welbz stays, Connolly has to take a season loan. Somewhere like Celtic, Fulham, West Brom or even Forest.

He is so young, just needs to find the confidence he had in EPL2.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Seems he needs to mature both on and off the pitch.

I’ve actually been really impressed with his all round game but he should have 8 - 10 goals as a bit part striker. Some of the chances he has missed have been catastrophic.

If Welbz stays, Connolly has to take a season loan. Somewhere like Celtic, Fulham, West Brom or even Forest.

He is so young, just needs to find the confidence he had in EPL2.

Agreed, we have relied on him to produce the goods. Unfortunately rarely done so, and seemed more interested in bleating about what people said re issues on and off the pitch rather than getting his head down and scoring goals. This seems consistent with Ireland as well, and its fair to say we cannot and must not have a repeat next year. A good loan will prove if he can do it, and therefore increase confidence, and potential price tag.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I might be wrong but I think him believing he is already a wonder kid is more of an issue

Did he say that or what do you base this on?

As someone else has said, he has more haircuts than goals - and in a lockdown - so that should be some type of warning sign on attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably even listens to rock music.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Did he say that or what do you base this on?

Probably even listens to rock music.

Largely comments by Glenn Murray o Albion Unlimited that last season was too much too soon for him, implying that he had believed the hype and needed to knuckle down.

But you only need to see that the youngster set up an Instagram account to show off his new mansion, broke lockdown rules, cheated on his girlfriend, is regularly spotted out boozing by the young twitteratti, and has recently purchased and absolute monster of a car to get an impression that perhaps he thinks a little too much of himself at this early stage in his career?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Largely comments by Glenn Murray o Albion Unlimited that last season was too much too soon for him, implying that he had believed the hype and needed to knuckle down.

But you only need to see that the youngster set up an Instagram account to show off his new mansion, broke lockdown rules, cheated on his girlfriend, is regularly spotted out boozing by the young twitteratti, and has recently purchased and absolute monster of a car to get an impression that perhaps he thinks a little too much of himself at this early stage in his career?

Glenns words are the law, didnt think he had said anything on the topic.

Well I dont watch strangers Instagram accounts but if you say so, then it sounds no good. Hopefully GP, the club and his teammates manages to show him a good direction in life and as a baller. Perhaps send him to Belgium for a year.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
He needs to drop down a level or two and prove he can play regularly, score regularly and give 100% every time.

I keep thinking of David Bentley had a couple of good games and got a big move, thought he was Billy Big Bollox and threw it all away and Connolly is no where near as good as Bentley was!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here