Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A good win against Derby...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I fear for us at home if we concede first, hopefully we will be in top form and win this Saturday.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Let's stop worrying about losing games and concentrate on winning games. Cardiff have lost the same amount of games as us but have somehow gained 19 more points whilst conceding 3 more goals! The answer my friends is this team (injuries & signings permitting)

Ulloa

Lua Lua Vicente Buckley

Orlandi Lopez

Bridge Greer Dunk Bruno

pole-in-goal

The main defensive strategy of this team is obviously keeping possession. But more importantly, this team is designed to score more goals than the opposition. I trust LL, Dagger & Buckers to score more goals than any of our current strikers who are all dropped. Our new Leo will collapse to the ground and weep when he sees the flair behind him all queuing up to give the new big unit an assist. Let's score our way to the prem!! Attack! Attack! Attack!

Excuse me. What happened to Liam?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Excuse me. What happened to Liam?

As much as I love Mr Bridcutt, he is the main reason why we have conceded so few goals. We should concentrate on being LESS defensive, let in few more goals, lose a few games & make other teams think they can really attack us! I think as well as losing more games, we'd also WIN more and draw less.

Home Away
Position Team P W D L F A W D L F A GD Pts
Current table 9 Brighton 25 4 6 3 18 12 5 4 3 17 14 9 37

Table using lose more-win more/draw less philosophy (drawing 2 instead of 10, losing 9 instead of 6, winning 14 instead of 9)

6 Brighton 25 8 1 4 18 12 6 1 5 27 24 9 44

Mr Bridcutt does not help a lot in our quest for goals, replace him with Vicente I say!

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
As much as I love Mr Bridcutt, he is the main reason why we have conceded so few goals. We should concentrate on being LESS defensive, let in few more goals, lose a few games & make other teams think they can really attack us! I think as well as losing more games, we'd also WIN more and draw less.

Home Away

Table using lose more-win more/draw less philosophy (drawing 2 instead of 10, losing 9 instead of 6, winning 14 instead of 9)

Mr Bridcutt does not help a lot in our quest for goals, replace him with Vicente I say!

Well I'm going to step out if this debate! I'm not entirely sure that:

A. You understand football
B. You are entirely sane!

Goodbye'

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Home Away

After 25 games Last season:
Win 10
Draw 5
Loss 10
PTS 35

After 25 games this season:
Win 9
Draw 10
Loss 6
PTS 37

Fewer draws, more wins, more losses last season = fewer points than this season with more draws.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
This is Brighton. We lost badly against Watford, expected to lose against Ipswich but won comfortably. We surprised most fans I think by comprehensively outplaying Newcastle. We now think we have a good chance of beating Derby, so we will probably play well, miss a hatful and scrape a draw or lose to a counter attacking goal having dominated.

It was ever thus as a Brighton fan, lose when we expect to win, win when we expect to lose. Cock up when we have a chance to go top or get into the playoffs. Championship season apart and the first few games of the last two seasons Gus has stumbled across this rather annoying trait of ours :smile:

Going into the Derby game I will hope for a win but expect absolutely nothing more than to end up frustrated by us....

infuriatingly true...........but i think we'll win....please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here