Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A good win against Derby...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've got us to beat Derby (marginally ahead of the draw) but I don't think that will necessarily set the scene ... being able to go on a beat Brum and either Wednesday or a rearranged Blackburn game will give us the impetus. Our consistency is crap and if we can get that sorted we have a squad more than capable

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've got us to beat Derby (marginally ahead of the draw) but I don't think that will necessarily set the scene ... being able to go on a beat Brum and either Wednesday or a rearranged Blackburn game will give us the impetus. Our consistency is crap and if we can get that sorted we have a squad more than capable

You have noted we are a side who will win 5 in a row then lose/draw 5 in a row, yes? We're not a WLWLWLWDWLW side at all, much more WWWWWLLLLDDLDWWDWW

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Feels like the start stop season as finally found some momentum and the place is buzzing again good wins against Ipswich & Newcastle has got us all thinking the corner has been turned and now let's kick on for the last 4 months no injury problems Vicente & new signings it's gonna be a cracking 2nd half to the season especially if the Arsenal game happens as well plus the
stadium soon to be completed so 30,000 in march can't wait
Can't wait for the Derby game Saturday

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
It is a cliche but it's true. Just worry about the next game. Concentrate on beating Derby, then we can think about Brum. Worry about the Cup once we know who we are playing.

And if we don't beat Derby, folks, don't throw the toys out of the pram.

PG

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Gus has always done well against Nigel Clough. Derby are an inconsistent side as well. A few really good young players, and some 'solid' Championship players, but at our place, and with the quality we have, I'd expect us to win this.
Derby must be about as inconsistent as us seeing as how we both have the same points.

A win would be a good sign, because I'm sure Derby will do what literally every Championship side has done at the Amex this season (which Newcastle didn't do) which is sit deep and deny us space to move the ball in their half.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
You have noted we are a side who will win 5 in a row then lose/draw 5 in a row, yes? We're not a WLWLWLWDWLW side at all, much more WWWWWLLLLDDLDWWDWW

In which case I'd be thrilled if we can win the next 3 (league) ... almost go as far as to say it will make us play off cert's

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
How good is the Hughes lad, mikey?

He's amazing, best player in the championship and it would take £25m to take him off our hands....

No, he's very very good - Made his first start in April and he's come on miles since then, different from any other player I've seen at Derby. Lovely player to watch, always wants the ball and generally looks after it very well. Makes us tick.... Don't suspect we'll keep him for long.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No, he's very very good - Made his first start in April and he's come on miles since then, different from any other player I've seen at Derby. Lovely player to watch, always wants the ball and generally looks after it very well. Makes us tick.... Don't suspect we'll keep him for long.

Thanks. Look forward to seeing for myself on Saturday. Sounds like a very similar description used by many to describe Jake Forster Caskey after his few games a year ago. Makes me wish we'd seen more of him in our first team. Nothing more exciting than seeing a genuine talent emerge.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
How many fans you likely to bring Mikey? i think the initial allocation was only 1200-odd.

PG

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bruno, Greer, Hammond, El Abd, Orlandi, Lopez, Lualua, Buckley, Bridge have al contributed to our goal tally.Of our last 18 goals, only 4 came from recognised strikers (CMS, Hoskins). It's only Bridcutt, Crofts, an Dicker who regularly play who haven't scored, yet.
I haven't looked up the totals, but I'd image there's a fair few 1's and 2's there, with the exception of Buckley.
Orlandi and LuaLua will hopefully get their figures up, but I'm still not entirely convinced by the others.

CMS' 11(?) is nice enough for halfway, but we would be even better if it wasn't over twice the amount of any other goalscorer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I haven't looked up the totals, but I'd image there's a fair few 1's and 2's there, with the exception of Buckley.
Orlandi and LuaLua will hopefully get their figures up, but I'm still not entirely convinced by the others.

CMS' 11(?) is nice enough for halfway, but we would be even better if it wasn't over twice the amount of any other goalscorer.

From memory, Orlandi, Hammond, Lopez and KLL each have two. Bridge definitely has three.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
From memory, Orlandi, Hammond, Lopez and KLL each have two. Bridge definitely has three.
Buckley 5
Barnes 4
Bridge 3
Basically rest of scoring midfielders 2
Defence & Hoskins 1

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and CMS is 11.

Playing one up front, we should be expecting at least 1 double figured tally from midfield.
Currently only Buckley is just on track, although as said Orlandi & KLL may well finish the season strongly.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
A Middlesborough friend thinks we will struggle big time against Derby. He thinks they are very tricky to play against.

Onwards and upwards, let's go for the three points regardless! Up the Albion!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Buckley 5
Barnes 4
Bridge 3
Basically rest of scoring midfielders 2
Defence & Hoskins 1

Yep. But my point is that they have been contributing. If you're including Barnes as a non-striker, that's 23 goals of 37 scored by non-strikers. I'd say 62% of our goals is a good return. Sure, it could be better, but it can also be worse. Murray alone has scored 44% of Palace's goals, leaving 56% at most (not sure what other strikers have scored for them), at 20 goals, Austin has scored 50% of Burnley's goals on his own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here