Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A good win against Derby...

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
If we have serious intentions of getting promotion then 3 points Saturday is a must. Anything less and we will be also rans.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Nothing more exciting than seeing a genuine talent emerge.

Agreed, first time in a long time that we've had a few in and around the squad at the same time - As a Derby fan there's been little to get excited about for a few years, so seeing some potential coming through is great. Sure Brighton will see some in a few years once the academy is bedded in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep. But my point is that they have been contributing. If you're including Barnes as a non-striker, that's 23 goals of 37 scored by non-strikers. I'd say 62% of our goals is a good return. Sure, it could be better, but it can also be worse. Murray alone has scored 44% of Palace's goals, leaving 56% at most (not sure what other strikers have scored for them), at 20 goals, Austin has scored 50% of Burnley's goals on his own.
Top statage.

Maybe I'm just being too narrow minded expecting a Gerrard/Lampard/Cesc player behind our answer to Torres(L)/Drogba/R V-P.

My reason for pointing it out comes from the many references of us 'doing a Reading'.
The third column being their goals scored, after starts and sub app.
That's from 13 different players, without a CMS.

If we could get anywhere close to that... well I don't have to finish that sentence.

Alex Pearce.......... 45 0 4
17 Kaspars Gorkss...... 41 0 3
8 Mikele Leigertwood. 40 0 5
11 Jobi McAnuff......... 39 0 5
4 Jem Karacan......... 35 1 3
10 Noel Hunt............. 33 8 8
23 Ian Harte............. 30 2 4
14 Jimmy Kebe.......... 29 3 3
19 Hal Robson-Kanu... 19 16 4
18 Simon Church....... 19 11 7
33 Jason Roberts....... 17 0 6
9 Adam Le Fondre..... 16 15 12
- Mathieu Manset..... 3 11 3

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Top statage.

Maybe I'm just being too narrow minded expecting a Gerrard/Lampard/Cesc player behind our answer to Torres(L)/Drogba/R V-P.

My reason for pointing it out comes from the many references of us 'doing a Reading'.
The third column being their goals scored, after starts and sub app.
That's from 13 different players, without a CMS.

If we could get anywhere close to that... well I don't have to finish that sentence.

Alex Pearce.......... 45 0 4
17 Kaspars Gorkss...... 41 0 3
8 Mikele Leigertwood. 40 0 5
11 Jobi McAnuff......... 39 0 5
4 Jem Karacan......... 35 1 3
10 Noel Hunt............. 33 8 8
23 Ian Harte............. 30 2 4
14 Jimmy Kebe.......... 29 3 3
19 Hal Robson-Kanu... 19 16 4
18 Simon Church....... 19 11 7
33 Jason Roberts....... 17 0 6
9 Adam Le Fondre..... 16 15 12
- Mathieu Manset..... 3 11 3

That's the sort of thing I highlight when people go on about us having to score a proven 25+ goal scorer.

It all boils down to the same thing: we need to be scoring more goals if we want to win more than not win.

Whether that is CMS finding the net more often, Dobbie getting a run and finding his goal scoring touch, and Hoskins pushing on from his goal against Newcastle to get more goals from our strikers; or the midfield and defence getting forward more often, either on attacks or for set pieces to ncrease their contribution; or a combination of both, isn't as important to me. We need more goals as a team, I just thought it was unfair to say the rest of the team have to start weighing in, when they already have been.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ulloa debut double, CMS to score with two deflections from Barnes shots and then the man himself, Ashley Barnes, will smash in the fifth deep in stoppage time before running into the north stand and being accepted with open arms and a few pats on the bum.

And then we'll be on our charge for the title.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ulloa debut double, CMS to score with two deflections from Barnes shots and then the man himself, Ashley Barnes, will smash in the fifth deep in stoppage time before running into the north stand and being accepted with open arms and a few pats on the bum.

And then we'll be on our charge for the title.

Still no Vicente? FFS.

Barber out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's the sort of thing I highlight when people go on about us having to score a proven 25+ goal scorer.

It all boils down to the same thing: we need to be scoring more goals if we want to win more than not win.
I just thought it was unfair to say the rest of the team have to start weighing in, when they already have been.
Yeah we're both saying the same thing it just boils down to petty semantics, it wouldn't be NSC otherwise :lol:

I would say the TEAM are currently 'chipping' in with some goals, but need to 'weigh' in with plenty of goals.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The play-offs will be well in sight if we can cut out the habit of throwing points away. I don't mind losing so much to teams coming here and playing very well (Watford and Middlesbrough were quality on the day
Watford yes, Middlesbrough no. We had several chances and didn't take them, Middlesbrough had nothing and scored via a lucky deflection.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If we have serious intentions of getting promotion then 3 points Saturday is a must. Anything less and we will be also rans.

Didn't the Millwall and Watford home games offer exactly that opportunity as well?

One thing's for sure. It will be a much harder game than the Newcastle stiffs on Saturday. They were dreadful, maybe only Barnsley were worse.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Didn't the Millwall and Watford home games offer exactly that opportunity as well?

One thing's for sure. It will be a much harder game than the Newcastle stiffs on Saturday. They were dreadful, maybe only Barnsley were worse.
they did, but we are running out of games now, we should be aiming to win all out home games now. we have to

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Ipswich and Newcastle were both very poor, Derby looked nothing special at Pride Park. As usual it will be a case of whether or not we take our chances.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Ipswich and Newcastle were both very poor, Derby looked nothing special at Pride Park. As usual it will be a case of whether or not we take our chances.

and score first imo

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

this
and score first imo

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If there is one thing that will have most pleased Poyet in the last two games, it's got to be the finishing. At times this season I have feared he was close to a breakdown on the touchline as chance after chance went begging.

But against Newcastle, from far fewer clear-cut chances created, we tucked away two very clinically.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
If there is one thing that will have most pleased Poyet in the last two games, it's got to be the finishing. At times this season I have feared he was close to a breakdown on the touchline as chance after chance went begging.

But against Newcastle, from far fewer clear-cut chances created, we tucked away two very clinically.
i thought newcastle were crap and casper only really had to make 1 save

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Let's stop worrying about losing games and concentrate on winning games. Cardiff have lost the same amount of games as us but have somehow gained 19 more points whilst conceding 3 more goals! The answer my friends is this team (injuries & signings permitting)

Ulloa

Lua Lua Vicente Buckley

Orlandi Lopez

Bridge Greer Dunk Bruno

pole-in-goal

The main defensive strategy of this team is obviously keeping possession. But more importantly, this team is designed to score more goals than the opposition. I trust LL, Dagger & Buckers to score more goals than any of our current strikers who are all dropped. Our new Leo will collapse to the ground and weep when he sees the flair behind him all queuing up to give the new big unit an assist. Let's score our way to the prem!! Attack! Attack! Attack!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Derby have greatly improved and now offer a considerable goal threat, especially from midfield so we will indeed need to take our chances. Still have a feeling that Saturday's result may have had a seriously positive effect on our self belief. Need to remember though that even a very poor Newcastle side had at least 3 great opportunities (Marveux, Ranger, and a near own goal by Greer). The margins are always fine if you dont make and take your chances and even against Watford getting back to 1-1 we had the opportunity to turn it round. This time out I reckon we could need to score 3 to win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here