Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

700 seats sold yesterday

friend11

Dec 3, 2010
theres only 15000 season tickets to sell, has the albion missed the bus on this one,I can see mass panic;
start filling the sides you will need those extra seats now,
my presentation is end of jan so its not looking good

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You're not including people who said they couldn't make the presentations but would be given equal priority.

I'd still be surprsed if as many as 700 went yesterday, but as others have mentioned, it could just have been an accumulation of other entitlements which were sorted on the day. I'm sure they won't be selling 700 a day every day.

dave hylands

Feb 13, 2009
Eastbourne
me worried to i need a good friend with some +3 left
I'm not worried about where I sit particularly, everwhere will have a better view and facilities at Withdean. Just that I get a seat at all. Common sense dictates that it wont be a problem but storys like 700 seats sold in one day is a bit worrying.

It's the blooming JCL +3's that will piss me off, fair enough if the ground is full up of diehard season tickets holders than fair enough I have no right to complain but half of it is going to be sold to people who haven't been to Withdean at all :angry:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
me worried to i need a good friend with some +3 left

Going to beg on every thread then? Sure there was something about being banned from here for doing stuff like that

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I fear the binfestery will last longer than that. Its odds on after the first match of the season that people will be complaining about the seat they have because of the +3s etc.
I disagree. Once everyone is sat down at their own new seat, and realise that there really isn't a bad seat in the house, I don't think people will give a shite anymore about +3s.

The only bone of contention will be people wondering how they can move closer (or further away) from the ruffian instigated boisterous areas of the ground.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm not worried about where I sit particularly, everwhere will have a better view and facilities at Withdean. Just that I get a seat at all. Common sense dictates that it wont be a problem but storys like 700 seats sold in one day is a bit worrying.

It's the blooming JCL +3's that will piss me off, fair enough if the ground is full up of diehard season tickets holders than fair enough I have no right to complain but half of it is going to be sold to people who haven't been to Withdean at all :angry:

Can you prove that statement?

Calm down everyone. Uptake in the first month will be massive because loads of P4 STHs will be going in as the P1 +3s. It'll start calming down by the end of the month.

I'm going the second week in Feb, I've accepted that the premium seats will be gone by then but I'm just happy to be at a new stadium.

Mate of mine had his presentation today, they told him that they had sold 700 seats yesterday. Thats a lot of seats!

In the back four rows of the North Stand occasional standing will be tolerated also.

Martin Perry said that up till yesterday seven hundred season tickets had been sold so far, or words to that effect. I got the impression that not all had been sold to people who attended the presentations yesterday.

BALDISBEAUTIFUL

Apr 4, 2004
Brighton
I think you maybe right about other sales have been added to the 640.
The sales people we dealt with did not finish till 8pm last night!!
Also, they had one group in who were buying about 27/28 seats, and it took for ever to sort out all the D/D's etc. At this mornings presentation, just over half were buying 1+3.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Are they including the 1901 club?

+3 such a bad idea, going to piss so many people off. Plus one would've been enough, surely? Totally ridiculous.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
+3 such a bad idea, going to piss so many people off. Plus one would've been enough, surely? Totally ridiculous.

not if you want to sell enough seats to maximise profitability it isn't

but we've all been her before haven't we so I'll shut up.................................

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Yeah, absolutely rubbish idea getting loads of fans to sign up to season tickets with their friends/family. I dunno what the club were thinking.

10,000 die-hards rattling around the Amex would be INFINITELY preferable to 20,000 made up of a load of newbies.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Not everyone will be using their +3s and even if they did well you will still get a good seat.

Also some people may decide that the area they are sitting in is not for them so the season after Im sure you will see people moving areas or upgrading/downgrading as they see fit - as long as there are spaces.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Good idea in theory but the way it has been handled does appear to be quite bad. And before anyone says no I don't have any better way of doing it but it appears to have pissed off a fair few people. Sure it will calm down though because I think a lot of the +3's at the moment are already season ticket holders

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There is 4 of us going to a presentation and but only 1 of us is using our additional tickets (only 1 additional tickets as well)

So that leaves 11 spares seats for some others :lol:

You're going to have people all over you like a pigeon on a chip now.

Prepare for multiple PM's

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here