4th Round Cup game is selling fast

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
FA rules stipulate the number of comps, for this game it is 50 to both home and away teams (not sure how that works for the home side?).

Complimentary tickets issued by the Home Club in excess of the above must be accounted for at the price at which they would have otherwise been sold.

A complimentary ticket is a ticket that allows admittance to any area of the stadium to attend a match for no consideration where a charge would otherwise be made by the Home Club.

In addition to the allowance of complimentary tickets set out at Competition Rule 20(a)(i) and (ii) complimentary tickets may be issued for the sole use of the following:

Directors of the participating clubs. An allowance should be agreed between the participating clubs for the use of the Directors of each club up to the maximum available to the visiting club per Competition Rule 21(a)(vii);
Press;
Scouts and official representatives from non participating clubs;
Official representatives of the governing and legislative bodies of football;
Disabled and helpers (except where the home club’s policy is to charge);

Plus 50 tickets for the FAs sponsors (whether they use them or not) and even 2 tickets in the directors box should any "top brass" for the FAs sponsors want to attend.

Where we normally sit (East Upper--North End) its saying unavailable-----are they putting ARSEnal prawn sandwich eaters up there?:ohmy:

I would have a guess that they have been sold, or they were held back to re-house any south stand STH's that have to be moved?

Are the south stand boxes not going to be ready for Arsenal Prawns?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Yeah, 6000 to many.

I was there for that as well.
If it is Arsenal and the West Stand and North stand are together and up for it, and maybe even the east stand, then it is going to be one hell of an atmosphere and a chance to show exactly what the Amex acoustics can do. A great chance to show the gooners in there premiership bubble, that little old championship Brighton are back with a fantastic stadium and great fans (someones going to say that a lot of Arsenal fans have already been to the Amex on a regular basis, aren't they)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Arsenals away fans are some of the most loyal and loudest in the country. Surprising considering it's so quiet in the Emirates, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're the loudest we've ever had at the Amex.

Mainly as lots of Gooners no longer go to home games. I really hope we play them, it will be a cracking day.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I would have a guess that they have been sold, or they were held back to re-house any south stand STH's that have to be moved?

Are the south stand boxes not going to be ready for Arsenal Prawns?

Whoever is up there, they will have a great view, but not a lot of rowdiness:wrong:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Arsenals away fans are some of the most loyal and loudest in the country. Surprising considering it's so quiet in the Emirates, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're the loudest we've ever had at the Amex.

I think there is little doubt about that, you are right there away support is something else. Never been able to decide on gooners, on the one hand they seem ok but they also give the impression that Arsenal is the only football club in the country, I may be wrong but they will give the impression that they are the mighty Arsenal and they are visiting little Brighton and we are going to stamp on you like ants. I really hope we surprise them both on and off the pitch and send them home with humble pie. After all this I think Swansea will win the replay.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
That reminds me of 1979 when we had Arsenal as our very 1st Div 1 game (Prem for you youngsters).

We were a great team, three fantastic years, confident. They were Arsenal, FA Cup winners, big following. For 20 mins we pinned them back, played good football, no problem. Then.....

...they wandered upfield and whack, 1 down. They again and we were knocked out. 0-4 it finished and what a gulf in class. They picked us off with barely breaking a sweat. Brady, Stapleton, O'Leary and the rest.

I have some trepidation about history repeating itself, but then, you never know!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
That reminds me of 1979 when we had Arsenal as our very 1st Div 1 game (Prem for you youngsters).

We were a great team, three fantastic years, confident. They were Arsenal, FA Cup winners, big following. For 20 mins we pinned them back, played good football, no problem. Then.....

...they wandered upfield and whack, 1 down. They again and we were knocked out. 0-4 it finished and what a gulf in class. They picked us off with barely breaking a sweat. Brady, Stapleton, O'Leary and the rest.

I have some trepidation about history repeating itself, but then, you never know!

Yes, remember it well.

But, you never know!

Dec 29, 2011
I think there is little doubt about that, you are right there away support is something else. Never been able to decide on gooners, on the one hand they seem ok but they also give the impression that Arsenal is the only football club in the country, I may be wrong but they will give the impression that they are the mighty Arsenal and they are visiting little Brighton and we are going to stamp on you like ants. I really hope we surprise them both on and off the pitch and send them home with humble pie. After all this I think Swansea will win the replay.
I wouldn't expect Arsenal fans to be arrogant towards us. Man United, yes (which is why they're so hated), but Arsenal have been through tough times recently and I doubt they have much to gloat about. I imagine it'll be a 'lively' atmosphere, everyone just down in Brighton for a good weekend.
Mainly as lots of Gooners no longer go to home games. I really hope we play them, it will be a cracking day.
Due to ticket prices being too high at home games? Or just location?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I wouldn't expect Arsenal fans to be arrogant towards us. Man United, yes (which is why they're so hated), but Arsenal have been through tough times recently and I doubt they have much to gloat about. I imagine it'll be a 'lively' atmosphere, everyone just down in Brighton for a good weekend.

Due to ticket prices being too high at home games? Or just location?

ST prices

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Arsenal have been through tough times recently and I doubt they have much to gloat about.

Which tough times would they be?

Your comment is slightly bizarre, especially as you are a Brighton fan. We know all about tough times. Plymouth, Chester, Wimbledon etc know about tough times, as much as I dislike them even Pompey have recently. Arsenal know absolutely nothing about tough times.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

Your comment is slightly bizarre, especially as you are a Brighton fan. We know all about tough times. Plymouth, Chester, Wimbledon etc know about tough times, as much as I dislike them even Pompey have recently. Arsenal know absolutely nothing about tough times.

I agree, getting knocked out of the Champions League to Bayern Munich is hardly comparable?

That's an arrogant reply. Tough times does not need to mean financial problems.

Tough times for an Arsenal fan I am sure equate to paying the highest prices in the country and an 8 year trophy less run - something I suspect even the most hardened Arsenal fan can never recall.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Tough times for an Arsenal fan I am sure equate to paying the highest prices in the country and an 8 year trophy less run - something I suspect even the most hardened Arsenal fan can never recall.
If I was Wenger I'd be absolutely desperate to win the FA Cup this season. Would be incredible if we knocked them out.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

On the price of tickets I concur. On the football field then I'm sorry, why should I feel sympathy for one of the most successful clubs in the world when they don't win something for a few years? That is not arrogant. I maintain, even with the ridiculous prices of their tickets, they know nothing about tough times compared to the fans of Brighton.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

1972 to 1979.

1979 to 1987.

2005 to date.

They are used to long spells without trophies, and were never a LFC or ManU dominating football for decades at a time.

The Graham to Wenger (first part of his tenure) period, was unusual, and now Wenger/Kroenke has allowed normal service to resume.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports