Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4th Round Cup game is selling fast

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
As far as importance goes, it's not, however, I hate seeing an empty seat and this game is also a great chance for some less regular followers to catch the Albion bug, so if possible, I would rather an extra 1000 Albion fans cheering us on (who may come back again and again) rather than an extra 1000 Arsenal fans.

TBH if we do give them a 3200 allocation, it will be 600 higher than any other away team has had at the Amex.

That's because the're entitled to 15% of capacity with it being a FA Cup game rather than the normal 10% for league fixtures.
You will never get every seat filled, ST no shows, comps not being taken up etc.
It seems we are overly obsessed with our attendances and empty seats, as long as the game goes ahead and I'm there that's all I care about.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
That's because the're entitled to 15% of capacity with it being a FA Cup game rather than the normal 10% for league fixtures.
You will never get every seat filled, ST no shows, comps not being taken up etc.
It seems we are overly obsessed with our attendances and empty seats, as long as the game goes ahead and I'm there that's all I care about.

Think you may have wished to add "and I have a pint of Harvey's in my hand"

SingitLoud

Dec 4, 2012
Hove
Yes i expect that they have already put my seat on sale already. They have'nt given anyone much time to get the wonga together, being not long after Xmas.The 50 pointers and the rest will have taken the lot by next week.We do not even know who the opponents are yet!

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Can someone explain what factors affect the record attendance? Would Brighton Arsenal get a higher number than Palace?

I am guessing there will not be many comps for this game and as it's not included in the ST it eliminates somewhat ST no shows, although I appreciate some 1901's could be empty for this reason.

My post however wasn't an obsession with a full ground or a fear of seeing an empty seat. It was mere speculation on how many seats we will give to the away team. I know, unless the police advise otherwise (FC United example) then the normal offering is 15% should the visiting team want 15%

On this occasion, I was just speculating as to whether the clubs (Arsenal and Albion) might have a chat about a figure of about 3200 being acceptable, as it will be a lot easier for us to manage.

I think Liverpool's capacity is about 44,000, but our allocation was a good few hundred short of 15%.

Managed to get back row WSU, almost as excited at getting to sit there as I am about the match. Got ESU at the back for Newcastle game, view was fab. but I understand that WSU may not be so good.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I am guessing there will not be many comps

There are always comps, each player, coaching staff, get them and then there are scouts, agents, ex players etc. although they are given out, they don't always attend.
hence empty seats.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
There are always comps, each player, coaching staff, get them and then there are scouts, agents, ex players etc. although they are given out, they don't always attend.
hence empty seats.
Hardly any comps available for big selling games such as these, there may be a scout or two, VIP or two, but they will be in the directors box area. Most of our comps in the past have been freebies in the south end of ESL, this wont be the case this time because it will be full of Arsenal fans ( assuming they get through ).

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
So it's all limited or unavailable as from tonight, there has been some serious ticket selling today!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358199148.411740.jpg

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
have ST/Auto Enrolment people had the money taken from their accounts yet?

they said Thursday onwards but nothing taken yet

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Arsenal will, of course, want as many tickets as they can get there hands on if they win the replay, just down the road, trip to the seaside, new stadium to look at and fans all over the country.
They have thousands of away members.
Hope Albion fans have there singing voices with them as they love to take over away stadiums vocally, been a few times with my Gooner brother in law, they done it to the Chelsea fans at Stamford Bridge with one man went to mow, finished off with Arsenal Arsenal.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Arsenal will, of course, want as many tickets as they can get there hands on if they win the replay, just down the road, trip to the seaside, new stadium to look at and fans all over the country.
Hope Albion fans have there singing voices with them as they love to take over away stadiums vocally, been a few times with my Gooner brother in law, they done it to the Chelsea fans at Stamford Bridge with one man went to mow, finished off with Arsenal Arsenal.
according to some i spoke to on saturday said arsenal want 4,000 and swansea only want 2,000

Dec 29, 2011

Arsenals away fans are some of the most loyal and loudest in the country. Surprising considering it's so quiet in the Emirates, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're the loudest we've ever had at the Amex.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Managed to get back row WSU, almost as excited at getting to sit there as I am about the match. Got ESU at the back for Newcastle game, view was fab. but I understand that WSU may not be so good.
Take a Playstation remote control with you, and pretend to be playing FIFA13.

Hours of fun playing God, up there.

I had a terrible urge to jump, just to see how far down the stand I would land.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here