Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4,000 Villa tickets sold so far

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The best way to administer ticketing is give STH a 1-day priority booking period (phone, internet or in-person) then ALL the rest go on general sale. First come first served. No need to charge people for the 'right' to buy a ticket (which they might not even get).

mmm...not sure ONE day for STH's to snort their tickets is entirely workable.
Processing 4,000-odd apps in the space of a day seems a tad ambitious, given our current setup.

Yoda

English & European
Are you serious?? The obvious answer is DON'T. Apply for (and get) your ticket and let your mates fend for themselves. Trying to give you one ticket, and hold onto another for someone who may or may not ultimately get a ticket would be a logistical nightmare when x1000 or however many people would try to do it. The way the club have done it is the ONLY possible way to have a decent priority system.

Not always that simple. What if the other white members are family or youth members who still have to wait until Weds? You still have to wait until white members can apply to do the group booking.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
only applied for White membershi today for me and 3 others, going to be a bit gutted if we miss out, bearing in mind have already now paid out £32.50 each for train fares and the membership cost!

Will travel up there regardless I think

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
mmm...not sure ONE day for STH's to snort their tickets is entirely workable.
Processing 4,000-odd apps in the space of a day seems a tad ambitious, given our current setup.

And that's the problem (as usual). It always seems to come as a surprise to the club that people want to actually buy tickets, especially for 'high-profile' games. Why? It's not as if they're 'one-off', or that a set-up to cope with that type of demand/issues won't work on a day-to-day basis.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
only applied for White membershi today for me and 3 others, going to be a bit gutted if we miss out, bearing in mind have already now paid out £32.50 each for train fares and the membership cost!

Will travel up there regardless I think

Home end.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'm not so sure we would have sold out if the tickets weren't so dirt cheap. I think I paid £36 for Spurs a few years ago - not convinced we'd sell 6k at Villa if they were asking those kind of prices, or even £25/£30.

£10 though, its a no-brainer.

Very true.

At a tenner a pop, and coaches at £20 (if that's yourpreferred mode of transport) then itr eally is a VERY cheap day out.

Not always that simple. What if the other white members are family or youth members who still have to wait until Weds? You still have to wait until white members can apply to do the group booking.

Yes you do, but as I say, that's the point of the priority system. Do you have a better suggestion? There is absolutely no way in hell, when we could probably sell 8-10k tickets, that you can expect to be able to reserve some tickets just in case the white members you know are lucky enough to get tickets when they are released. You have to accept, having one gold membership only, that ONLY that one person is entitled to get early tickets. The obvious solution is buy Blue membership if you all want first dibs on tickets. You pay your money and you get preferential treatment.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Advice please?

We all have registered online accounts and I can purchase tickets for myself. I've added everybody to my friends and family list, but in the checkout box it doesn't allow to select the other gold members from the drop down list. Just MY name. ?

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
Advice please?

We all have registered online accounts and I can purchase tickets for myself. I've added everybody to my friends and family list, but in the checkout box it doesn't allow to select the other gold members from the drop down list. Just MY name. ?

they have to add you in their account

Advice please?

You need to get your friends/family to log in themselves and then add you.

You can only buy for those who have added you. Its a security measure, otherwsie you could add anyone and then use their ticket!

This also got me 1st time.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Put my Gold application (6 tickets) through the door on Saturday.
I've got some white member mates as well, but they're sorting out their own application. No WAY was I hanging back on my Gold to go in with the white stampede on Wednesday. Whats the point of risking it ? We can still travel together and drink together. No big deal just splitting up for the game.

I fear I should've done likewise...

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
bloody hell already got my train tickets and am a white member . will have to try my best weds morning. got a feeling wont get one. mind you some of those 4k applications will be whitemembers by post wont they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here