Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4,000 Villa tickets sold so far

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
am a blue member and am waiting for 3 whites as well.

worried i wont get one now! (before any one says tough/stop moaning/shut up - i am not moaning, i understand there are rules and a system to how this works, i am just pissed off with the people i am going with for not being a blue member! )

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Put my Gold application (6 tickets) through the door on Saturday.
I've got some white member mates as well, but they're sorting out their own application. No WAY was I hanging back on my Gold to go in with the white stampede on Wednesday. Whats the point of risking it ? We can still travel together and drink together. No big deal just splitting up for the game.

Yoda

English & European
Hmm...I'm a little worried. Am a gold member, but am applying with Blue and White. Gulp :eek:

That is the one thing I find wrong with the current ticketing system.

Why should you, as a Gold member risk losing out on a ticket because you have to wait with White members.

I'm in the same boat with a friend. He's a gold member and we're all white, but to be with us in the ground would've had to wait till Wednesday to apply and risk missing out. We told him to apply anyway and now risk's us not going with him and having to make his own way up because my brother would drive.

Michael1979

Jan 6, 2010
Hmmm, now don't get me wrong, I agree that Gold / Blue members should get first dibs, however, I'm not convinved by the clubs decision to allow people to purchase white membership specifically to allow them to attempt to book for Villa!

Surely they should give priority to those already on the database who've paid their tenners, then if there are any left over offer them up?

You now have the situation whereby someone who may never attend another Albion match again, home or away could get a ticket over someone who genuinely bought a white membership to follow the team at some of the less high profile matches?

That is the one thing I find wrong with the current ticketing system.

Why should you, as a Gold member risk losing out on a ticket because you have to wait with White members.

Are you serious?? The obvious answer is DON'T. Apply for (and get) your ticket and let your mates fend for themselves. Trying to give you one ticket, and hold onto another for someone who may or may not ultimately get a ticket would be a logistical nightmare when x1000 or however many people would try to do it. The way the club have done it is the ONLY possible way to have a decent priority system.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Hmmm, now don't get me wrong, I agree that Gold / Blue members should get first dibs, however, I'm not convinved by the clubs decision to allow people to purchase white membership specifically to allow them to attempt to book for Villa!

Surely they should give priority to those already on the database who've paid their tenners, then if there are any left over offer them up?

You now have the situation whereby someone who may never attend another Albion match again, home or away could get a ticket over someone who genuinely bought a white membership to follow the team at some of the less high profile matches?

For what it's worth, I agree with that 100%.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
there will be well over 1000 left by wednesday so i am sure most people who log on at 9 will be able to get one (i sure hope so!)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
now who was it that said "we wont sell out" ???:shrug:

We were always going to sell out.

What's the point of building a 22,000 seater stadium if you can't take a quarter of those to a really decent Premiership ground that we haven't been to for donkeys years.

My guess is that by Wednesday the club will have had 8,000 applications minimum.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
We were always going to sell out.

What's the point of building a 22,000 seater stadium if you can't take a quarter of those to a really decent Premiership ground that we haven't been to for donkeys years.

My guess is that by Wednesday the club will have had 8,000 applications minimum.

The voice of reason, end of thread

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not so sure we would have sold out if the tickets weren't so dirt cheap. I think I paid £36 for Spurs a few years ago - not convinced we'd sell 6k at Villa if they were asking those kind of prices, or even £25/£30.

£10 though, its a no-brainer.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Put my Gold application (6 tickets) through the door on Saturday.
I've got some white member mates as well, but they're sorting out their own application. No WAY was I hanging back on my Gold to go in with the white stampede on Wednesday. Whats the point of risking it ? We can still travel together and drink together. No big deal just splitting up for the game.

Are you going to have a go at the Holte End, Easy? Pwopper Nawty yanno!

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Have not been able to go this season or last, don't know what a Gold, Silver, Chrome, white or aluminium ticket is either, so I dont deserve a ticket, sorted and have no complaints whatsoever cos i know from 46 years of supporting Albion that our support will be bloody awesome

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
For all those saying that there was only 26k against Blackburn so should be the same or even less for us...

Surely from a Villa perspective, Blackburn is a team they play two times a year and have done for many years. They are also one of the least glamorous teams in the premiership and more than often provide very dull games due to their long ball tactics.

Atleast we are a team that many of their fans will never have seen and from a Villa perspective it should be a crushing.

Add to the fact we will take a minimum of 6300 (mre if we get allocated more)

Therefore my prediction - 35k +

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house

So what? The club get the same cash whoever attends (assuming they sell out). Restricting who can buy when simply reduces the likelihood of people attending - if people can't go with their friends/families/kids then they may well not bother. Making it harder to be a 'casual' fan is not sensible business, especially when Falmer will need to be filled.

The best way to administer ticketing is give STH a 1-day priority booking period (phone, internet or in-person) then ALL the rest go on general sale. First come first served. No need to charge people for the 'right' to buy a ticket (which they might not even get).

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
For all those saying that there was only 26k against Blackburn so should be the same or even less for us...

Surely from a Villa perspective, Blackburn is a team they play two times a year and have done for many years. They are also one of the least glamorous teams in the premiership and more than often provide very dull games due to their long ball tactics.

Atleast we are a team that many of their fans will never have seen and from a Villa perspective it should be a crushing.

Add to the fact we will take a minimum of 6300 (mre if we get allocated more)

Therefore my prediction - 35k +

They played Cardiff in the league cup earlier in the season and only got 22,000 I would imagine cardiff took a good few up their too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here