Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3rd Test New Zealand V England

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
England are really struggling. Not sure why.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Makes for desperate viewing doesn't it

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
175/6 Prior out so if we avoid the follow on it will be a miracle

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
We didn't enforce it anyway. Always tough to bowl back to back on a flat wicket. Quick runs will be the order of the day here so it'll be interesting the approach of the openers.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Crazy decision not to enforce the follow-on. England were in blocking mode and firmly on the back foot, with an inexperienced captain and fragile middle order. Now if we can get McCullum cheaply we could be looking at a target of 350-360 in 5 sessions. Hard to achieve but if you can get to 130 by the close with only one wicket down then who knows?

Missing Pietersen has been massive, and Swann.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
WG Grace: ‘When you win the toss – bat. If you are in doubt, think about it, then bat. If you have very big doubts, consult a colleague – then bat.’

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you love cricket and sado-masochism then this morning's play is right up your street. Monty is getting a real spanking here.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Listening on TMS.....we're getting murdered by Fulton and McCullum. You just KNOW that we'll bat like frightened rabbits when they put us in.

Sake.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
NZ have plundered 140 runs in the morning session and there's still an over to go.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Well what an absolute utter shambles.

This England team are on the verge of humiliation, at the hands of a side who have not won a test series against a fellow top 8 ranked side for some 6 years.

The ego's running and playing in this team seem to think they are somehow a great side, they're not, they're at best average.

The lack of respect we've given New Zealand is disgusting, at the end of day one everyone was moaning about the pitch being so flet except [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] who advised everyone to judge the ptich after both sides had batted. The minnows of NZ some 5m population in what is probably their 3rd/4th sport are going to beat a side who seriously thought they were one of the best their country had ever produced and talked of an Australia-esque legacy.

DISGUSTING

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What has happened to this pitch overnight? I reckon I'd score a few on this now!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Big mistakes I am afraid on the bowling selections

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
NZ still odds on for the win......I think I'd be backing the draw (6/4 at the moment) if I were a betting man.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
According to Andrew Samson, BBC Test Match Special statistician

In the history of Test cricket there have only been two teams who have batted out the final day to earn a draw having been four down overnight. One was England in South Africa in 1995 when Michael Atherton finished unbeaten on 185. The other was South Africa against Australia in Adelaide last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here