Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3rd Test New Zealand V England

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Indeed. I expectt Bell and Compton to still be batting at tea-time Kiwi time. Joke of a series. We've shot ourselves in the foot to be fair, but they were only ever trying to minimise the damage with the pitches they picked and we've done that too in the past when on the back foot.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Sure enough, first wicket down within quarter of an hour

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oops, Compton forgot to dig in, 3 down and looking dodgy now.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
With only Bell, Prior and the inexperienced Root and Bairstow as our front line batsmen we could be in trouble here. As has been mentioned, we need a big partnership from two of these .

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I was suprised when they said on tv that Ian Bell has passed Nasser Hussain for test runs.

Because I have always thought he was bloody rubbish!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
well, not looking so good now.......

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Has Bell ever delivered in a pressure situation?
No. Never. He is crap bottler. I don't know why England have bothered with him over the years. He has just been very lucky to play in a strong England team and only ever scores runs when it's easy.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The one time I get to watch England on skytv, and all I can watch is England wickets tumbling.

Bloody hell

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
What the hell happened? After the last Ashes we were being hailed as the next Windies or Australia, in that we were going to dominate the long game for the next godknows how many years?? And yet...... NZ are a team that struggled against Bangladesh a little while ago.....

Has losing Strauss and KP unbalanced Englands style of play or is it a case of too many youngsters coming through at once? (Genuine question, because much as I enjoy watching Test Cricket, by no means do I know enough to consider myself knowledgeable)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What the hell happened? After the last Ashes we were being hailed as the next Windies or Australia, in that we were going to dominate the long game for the next godknows how many years?? And yet...... NZ are a team that struggled against Bangladesh a little while ago.....

Has losing Strauss and KP unbalanced Englands style of play or is it a case of too many youngsters coming through at once? (Genuine question, because much as I enjoy watching Test Cricket, by no means do I know enough to consider myself knowledgeable)

its one of those things, the kiwi's caught us cold in the first test but we battled back. We had them by the nadgers in the second but they were saved by the weather. This test they probably got 150 runs too many and a little bit of a wobble has become a major collywobbles. this is now a winner takes all but, I'd back us to get the draw still, because we can't be this bad twice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here