Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
correct, was a bat on the pad not ball

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Key should not be near the side. Has had enough chances and not done much with them, also keeping him away from the side, helps keep Freddie sober.

Carberry, well he has been around long enough and not got near the side, which suggests he might not be up for it. Moore and Denly, we shall see, but I doubt it. Shah, well the fact he was described as intense and then promptly jettisoned after the Windies tour, suggests he might be a bit of an issue in the dressing room.

Keep them coming...
Carberry and Joyce are the only ones on that list who have a case IMO.

Why Carberry has never been given a go I'll never know.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely the blame for Bopara's dismissal should at least partly lie at the feet of Michael Atherton, who, as Hilfenhaus ran in, opined how clearly the break between Tests had done Bopara good, having given him time to work with his mentor Graham Gooch.

Yes, thanks for that Athers :kissofdeath:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Shane Warne has just said that Bopara has been a bit loose of late................... its his diet I tell you.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think tomorrow could be the pivotal day of the series if the weather holds.

Australia were in a handy position but they've given it away and England are well set with danger man Strauss still in. Tonight at the hotel Australia should be having a crisis meeting.

It's not going well - Hughes has failed, Lee's injured, Johnson's a joke, Hauritz is no Warne, Hilfenhaus is no McGrath, Haddin's finger's bust and his replacement was out for single figures.

Their strength is supposed to be the batting but they were skittled at 77-7 in the first session this morning.

The non-selection of Clark is baffling and they are really missing the likes of Langer, Warne, Symonds, McGrath and Hayden.

That said, you never write an Aussie side off, but this has to be the stiffest test of Ponting's captaincy so far methinks...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sorry, I just don't see any evidence of the technique OR temperament needed to be a test match cricketer. He's alright in the slog-athons, but he's not got the ability to be out there facing an Australian side, even one as weak as this. He goes after EVERYTHING - that's his main problem. How often is he out to shots he doesn't actually need to even touch, let alone score from? Lack of temperament is the polite way of saying it, f***ing moron is the harsher alternative.

And he may be early in his career but what is the point in persisting with someone who is so clearly below the required standard? I don't give a shit if he's 24 or 44. If he's giving away his wicket EVERY time he goes out to bat he's no use to us. Get rid.

Is that Bobara or the injured KP:lol:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
If they can put a roof on Wimbledon...

:dunce:

Surprised the Aussies haven't gone for that at the MCG!

Seriously the MCG is AWESOME. Two weeks after watching the World Cup Final in 1992, (which we lost IMHO thanks to Goochie for some reason not letting Del Pringle bowl out his 10 overs when he had them absolutely bottled up) , they had transformed the ground into an Aussie Rules stadium.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I think tomorrow could be the pivotal day of the series if the weather holds.

Australia were in a handy position but they've given it away and England are well set with danger man Strauss still in. Tonight at the hotel Australia should be having a crisis meeting.

It's not going well - Hughes has failed, Lee's injured, Johnson's a joke, Hauritz is no Warne, Hilfenhaus is no McGrath, Haddin's finger's bust and his replacement was out for single figures.

Their strength is supposed to be the batting but they were skittled at 77-7 in the first session this morning.

The non-selection of Clark is baffling and they are really missing the likes of Langer, Warne, Symonds, McGrath and Hayden.

That said, you never write an Aussie side off, but this has to be the stiffest test of Ponting's captaincy so far methinks...
Could they still bring Langer in in a crisis? He's batting very well over here in County cricket.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Interesting question. If you're one down with two to play and in the midst of a wet summer you've got to do what you've got to do to retain the Ashes, surely?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Let's hope it's dry tomorrow then. No play today.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Pitch inspection NOW.

Only just tuned in so not sure if there's been any hints of play or not. From eye, the field didn't look bad. Here's hoping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here