Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3rd Ashes Test Match: Edgbaston - 30 July to 3 August

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
f***ing shit captaincy from Strauss today, literally handed Clarke and North a couple of centuries. Not the intensity required in the heat of an Ashes contest.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is the sort of day that will be the death of test cricket. Next time I watch Sky's ads hyping up the Ashes intensity I'll smile ironically. There's still a minimum 15 overs left of this garbage, technically.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
If it happens, I will be as impressed as I will be with Ravi Bopara if he bowls a ball that is danger of hitting the stumps

:lolol:

My sister loves him and has sky sports purely to watch his every move, so don't let her hear you, she will come and give you some bother with her purple DM's.

Bet the 1000's that did'nt get tickets online last night are happy they did'nt dash up. Roll on Hedingley.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
This is the sort of day that will be the death of test cricket. Next time I watch Sky's ads hyping up the Ashes intensity I'll smile ironically. There's still a minimum 15 overs left of this garbage, technically.

i don't think a disappointing day of cricket in front of a full house (or thereabouts) signals the death of test cricket. 5 days of cricket regardless of quality in front of virtually empty stadiums anywhere other than England or Australia, on the other hand, probably does.

having said that, it was shit and i'm glad it's over. beats working though.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Shane Warne is really starting to get on my tits. going on about how North 'deserved' a century. no he didn't. because he scored 96. then got out.

he also keep referring to deliveries as 'cherries'. tosser.

he did, however, use the word 'twat' in commentary the other day....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm surprised with Strauss for not starting after lunch with his most effective weapon in Anderson. By the time he bowled the game had gone. This is not the first time his captaincy has lacked aggression.

Similarly, I'm surprised in Ponting. He needs to get Mitchell Johnson bowling at his best, so surely giving him the new ball with England needing 220 off 20-22 overs would have been a no-lose situation.

With the next test starting on Friday to have got Cook, Bopara and Bell out cheaply would have undermined their confidence.

I wonder how Michael Vaughan and Steve Waugh would have gone about today?

With the advent of 20/20 cricket which, by its very nature is 100% intense, an ambling day's cricket like this doesn't help the future of test cricket. This is the middle test of the biggest series in world cricket, and neither captain seemed that bothered to try and wrest the initiative in the series.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Shane Warne is really starting to get on my tits. going on about how North 'deserved' a century. no he didn't. because he scored 96. then got out.

he also keep referring to deliveries as 'cherries'. tosser.

he did, however, use the word 'twat' in commentary the other day....

He does like the "all over him like a cheap suit" phrase a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here