3rd Ashes Test Match: Edgbaston - 30 July to 3 August

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I know Hughes hasn't played that well, but it's only been two Test matches since he was spanking the South Africans all around the park, plus he's only 20, so he clearly has something about him.

I must say it's not like Australia to show so little faith in a player (although I suppose historically they've always been able to afford to give players chances, because they've tended to be winning). Interesting to see how Watson gets on anyway, he's the sort of player who can score quick runs.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Aussies scoring fairly quickly here, plenty of four balls on offer.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bopara's selection is interesting in light of the dropping of Hughes. Pietersen's injury may have granted Bopara another life.

Derbyshire Seagull

Oct 21, 2005
well what a surprise...according to Cricinfo

''That we managed to get 30 overs of play was a surprise and a great testament to the hard work and dedication of Steve Rouse and his groundsmen. Brilliant effort. And, as a result, the ECB's insurers won't have to pay back any of the fans for loss of play (25 overs is the minimum). ''

so the crowd get just over 2 hours play and pay full whack....outrageous. With that and no live terrestrial coverage the ECB seem determined to destroy Test cricket!! :angry: :angry:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
we were lacklustre with the ball this evening

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Let's hope we can scrape a draw, we didn't seem interested this evening.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Well we are leading the series. On a pitch that looks to have about as much life as Michael Jackson in it, what's the point in slogging our guts out for an inevitable draw (with the small chance we could collapse and actually get beaten)? I'll happily take the rain, the draw, and the rest for Flintoff. I don't see why that makes me a typical Englishman - although thanks for the compliment:yahoo:

Because the winning is in the playing the game.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Well we are leading the series. On a pitch that looks to have about as much life as Michael Jackson in it, what's the point in slogging our guts out for an inevitable draw (with the small chance we could collapse and actually get beaten)? I'll happily take the rain, the draw, and the rest for Flintoff. I don't see why that makes me a typical Englishman - although thanks for the compliment:yahoo:

Got to agree with this.

On another note, is Broad's time running out? He just doesn't look right at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports