2nd Test: Australia v England at Adelaide

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
To be fair we look beaten in the field, heads are down and they've lost the extra yard that gets you those little half chances. Draw at best from this point, whoever lost the toss was always on the back foot

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Finish my tea and then sleep till tea unless a wicket falls. Can't see a wicket falling though. The run rate has slowed since the first over. The Ashes are still ours until the result at Perth. Lose here and we just need 2 wins and a draw. Draw here, series still on, and we have an exciting Perth Test to look forward too.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Here comes Broad. Why only 3 overs so far today? Are they keeping him fresh in case he has to bat later on today? 403-5.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Looking ominous at 474 for 6 set for 600+ if they dont declare, but if our batsmen can apply themselves in similar fashion we may be able to scrape a draw out of this.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Draw is the best we can expect now.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
FFS it looks like Cook has forgotten how to play, all he had to do was to defend for the last over of the day, he made a poor 3 but looked like he was going to be out a lot earlier.
What the hell is he thinking, it's not 20/20
I will be at the WACA next Sat and Sun, let's hope we are not playing to stay in the series.
It looks like Johnson is going to bounce all this innings again, regardless of the rules, weak umpiring, not sour grapes.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
FFS it looks like Cook has forgotten how to play, all he had to do was to defend for the last over of the day, he made a poor 3 but looked like he was going to be out a lot earlier.
What the hell is he thinking, it's not 20/20
I will be at the WACA next Sat and Sun, let's hope we are not playing to stay in the series.
It looks like Johnson is going to bounce all this innings again, regardless of the rules, weak umpiring, not sour grapes.

Cook is shot away mentally and will now struggle for the rest of the series. He is like a punch-drunk boxer and we are going to have to get used to being 10-1.
The momentum for the whole series swung in the first Test. Under-prepared and complacent, we were caught cold and didn't have the resilience to fight back. Cracks are appearing in this England side. Fine when on top but not so good under severe pressure.
Even if we survive this Test with a draw, we will get blown away at Perth and will be two down with two to play. The odds are now favouring the Aussies winning the series 3-0, 3-1 or 4-0.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bloodyhell nearly a run out at the end of the day, stupid stupid stupid. Anyone who thinks we can survive this match needs their head testing.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Atrocious again from England against a rank Australia outfit, this could be 5-0. SEND THEM HOME.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Its beginning to look a bit like only rain is going to prevent us getting a drubbing this Ashes series. *sigh* Hope the batsmen can show some fight tonight and not collapse but I'm not hopeful...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports